Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

...lol.  I didn't realize it was on the G2 as well, but that obsessive part of me zeroed in on it in the screen shot right away.

Let us just say that spelling is not a high "proirity" in the "enginerring" department.

:P

AJ

• Like 13

BATTERY UPDATE: Well, after 9 hours of moderate usage, I'm at 40%. Not earth shattering. But acceptable. I would probably have been desperately searching for a battery charger about 30 mins ago on my Nexus 4. However, my GN2 would probably be at 65% in similar usage.

It will meet my needs. But I won't be bragging about the battery.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I didn't see anyone post this (maybe I missed), but I received my Nexus 5, 32GB and have a new Sprint SIM.  When I went to activate online it seemed to accept number but said to go to chat to complete activation.  The person is helping me complete activation, but says a $36 activation for new line of service will apply.  They understand I am swapping phones and not activating a new line, but insist on the $36.  Perhaps they are misinformed.

Well i guess they managed to mispell "priority" again just like they did with the g2.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Lol. I'm guessing Sprint's either using the same app or using the same source to compile the hidden menu app and just sent it out to Google, LG, and Samsung (Does the Galaxy Note 3's hidden menu also misspell priority or does that menu just not function since it's not a triband device?).

try ##443336772# in your dialer. This works in the optimus g.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=46006443&postcount=11

Didn't work in my phone. Probably because the ATT SIM is in it right now.

• Like 1

try using *#*#443336772#*#* its a nexus.

No, I did. Believe me. I know Nexus dialer codes need the star pound. ;)

The problem here is they have been given the correct info now, and they are trying to silence them. Because this is more about saying Sprint is bad than reporting info.

The comments are now starting to appear following the articles, and both authors are getting almost universally pilloried for their shoddy reporting.  Serves them right.

AJ

• Like 3

Lol. I'm guessing Sprint's either using the same app or using the same source to compile the hidden menu app and just sent it out to Google, LG, and Samsung (Does the Galaxy Note 3's hidden menu also misspell priority or does that menu just not function since it's not a triband device?).

Not a big deal to me.  I just find it funny that no one went back and did a review to ensure the spelling was correct.  As long as I can change the LTE "proirity"...haha I dont care how they spell it.

• Like 2

How did you get your MSL? My normal go-to root app MSL Reader doesn't seem to work.

Yeah, msl reader can only be used on htc devices.

I'm activated!

I got a SIM from a local corp store. Called (888) 211-4727 to activate. Gave her the IMEI (minus the last digit) and the ICC ID. Up and running in 10 mins.

Let me know if you guys need help.

I'm activated!

I got a SIM from a local corp store. Called (888) 211-4727 to activate. Gave her the IMEI (minus the last digit) and the ICC ID. Up and running in 10 mins.

Let me know if you guys need help.

Did they charge an activation fee?

How did you get your MSL? My normal go-to root app MSL Reader doesn't seem to work.

try ##443336772# in your dialer.  This works in the optimus g.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=46006443&postcount=11

Didn't work in my phone. Probably because the ATT SIM is in it right now.

try using *#*#443336772#*#* its a nexus.

no dice.

I've had mixed results with sprint reps as far as getting the msl.

Some dialer codes work on some devices only, and in some case depend on which carrier's SIM one has in the phone.

However when on a sprint and swapping devices (through online without a rep), sprint has always sent me the msl of my newly swapped phone.  Maybe swapping back to an old phone then swapping back to the nexus 5 would get you the msl.

here's a screenshot of what sprint sends (the activation code being the msl).

CfMTJNY.png

Y0VTJQ7.png

Edited by always_learner

Has anyone been able to get LTE on a 32GB Black? 

I got it activated no problem, but have been in known LTE areas where my EVO 4GLTE would pick up strong LTE quickly and have not gotten anything on the N5. After a reboot or airplane toggle, the LTE logo flashes on the signal bars and then the phone goes back down to eHRPD. Not sure if this is a graphical glitch or if it is having trouble authenticating ?

More MEID issues? Issues with my SIM? Any ideas?

Has anyone been able to get LTE on a 32GB Black? 

I got it activated no problem, but have been in known LTE areas where my EVO 4GLTE would pick up strong LTE quickly and have not gotten anything on the N5. After a reboot or airplane toggle, the LTE logo flashes on the signal bars and then the phone goes back down to eHRPD. Not sure if this is a graphical glitch or if it is having trouble authenticating ?

More MEID issues? Issues with my SIM? Any ideas?

Have you tried updating your profile?