Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Has anyone been able to get LTE on a 32GB Black?

I got it activated no problem, but have been in known LTE areas where my EVO 4GLTE would pick up strong LTE quickly and have not gotten anything on the N5. After a reboot or airplane toggle, the LTE logo flashes on the signal bars and then the phone goes back down to eHRPD. Not sure if this is a graphical glitch or if it is having trouble authenticating ?

More MEID issues? Issues with my SIM? Any ideas?

I'm having the exact same problem.

Ideally wouldn't we want bands 41>25>26 so band 26 is if you are in a building or far from the nearest cell site?

Its going to take some tuning, because you only have "0" and "1" as the options to choose. But I think I will stick with 1. 800 2. 1900 3. 2600

Ideally wouldn't we want bands 41>25>26 so band 26 is if you are in a building or far from the nearest cell site?

I think I will want 26 over 25 since 25 is dead in a some places now.

Can and anyone post EVDO and 1X engineering screens when on EVDO? I am on EVDO most of the time around my parts.

• Like 1

Yes.  Unless you are out trying to find LTE 800.  Once Band 26 is pretty ubiquitous, then leaving it as a higher priority is probably a good idea.  However, everyone needs to understand that with Sprint's network management scheme now in place, they can force you off to another band than something you put as a higher priority.

For instance, you put Band 26 as highest and Band 25 is lowest.  But Band 26 hits a determined network trigger point in traffic, you can be shunted against your will to another Band.  Since the control is between your SIM profile and the network controls, there is nothing you can do about it.

All you SIM lovers who have been harping for years just discovered the achilles heel in the SIM system.  You may be able to swap your card, and have an unlocked device, but now you are subject to the Draconian network controls of your wireless carrier.  Band priority is neat, but the ultimate control is handled via the network now, folks.

Robert

• Like 4

I think I will want 26 over 25 since 25 is dead in a some places now.

Can and anyone post EVDO and 1X engineering screens when on EVDO? I am on EVDO most of the time around my parts.

Here you go

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1383691124429.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1383691138434.jpg

Based on my LTE usage so far in the last 24 hours, and assuming T-Mobile doesn't have some magic LTE distance enhancing powers, the Nexus 5 should blow away my EVO once I have the Sprint SIM on board. The only issue seems to be connecting to LTE in the first place; it really wants to stay on HSPA if it's even thought of having a data session in the last minute or two.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I have tried talking to my girlfriend and the voice is horrible, she can't hear me at all...."broken as all hell" as she puts it.

Hmmm.. called my best friend and my mom.  Both said i sounded no different than usual... Maybe i'm always "broken as all hell"...

• Like 2

I am also having troubles staying connected to to LTE and dropping down to evdo for extended periouds specifically after a call or a network handoff occurs! how are you guys getting to the LTE EDIT SCREEN?

Edited by transitwatch889