Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I downloaded the Android SDK and installed the driver from within. Rebooted the laptop once & connected the Nexus 5 and it was installed shortly after. I then used Chainfire's CF-Autoroot to unlock the bootloader and install SuperSU.

Compared to the S4 (I'm holding on to MF9 until MJA issues get straightened out), the N5 is much snappier and smoother. Compared to the Note 3, they seem about the same. I was surprised to see some slight lag when entering the Widget screen and during the initial swiping. I guess TouchWiz isn't laggy just b/c it's TouchWiz. :P

This is my first Nexus phone and I don't understand why some people adore the stock Android experience so much. I don't like the Google launcher that much. In fact, I think TouchWiz is more useful & functional. And I don't like how I cant hide apps in the app drawer (if someone knows, please let me know). I thought the ability to hide away some apps would be so basic. :P

As for my 4g LTE experience with T-Mobile today, my S4 got double the download speed and 5 times the upload speed at the same spot by my work. At that spot, even AT&T's 4G was slower. It felt good seeing Sprint's improvement and growth.

I ordered two sims and a black 32gb nexus 5. The shipping says it will leave in 2-3 weeks =[ 

Sim won't ship until maybe 8th...

I am jealous of everyone. I was on a flight to Chicago when Google announced the phone! I wish sales went live on Friday instead!

had a coworker order one monday, he already has a tracking number..

I downloaded the Android SDK and installed the driver from within. Rebooted the laptop once & connected the Nexus 5 and it was installed shortly after. I then used Chainfire's CF-Autoroot to unlock the bootloader and install SuperSU.

Compared to the S4 (I'm holding on to MF9 until MJA issues get straightened out), the N5 is much snappier and smoother. Compared to the Note 3, they seem about the same. I was surprised to see some slight lag when entering the Widget screen and during the initial swiping. I guess TouchWiz isn't laggy just b/c it's TouchWiz. :P

This is my first Nexus phone and I don't understand why some people adore the stock Android experience so much. I don't like the Google launcher that much. In fact, I think TouchWiz is more useful & functional. And I don't like how I cant hide apps in the app drawer (if someone knows, please let me know). I thought the ability to hide away some apps would be so basic. :P

As for my 4g LTE experience with T-Mobile today, my S4 got double the download speed and 5 times the upload speed at the same spot by my work. At that spot, even AT&T's 4G was slower. It felt good seeing Sprint's improvement and growth.

From my experience, TouchWiz is sort of a resource hog.

By terminal window do you just mean the command prompt?

In OS X, Terminal is the UNIX command line app.

AJ

You can use Nova or Apex or many other 3rd party launchers. Some of them even give you the option to hide apps for free :D

http://www.talkandroid.com/guides/beginner/how-to-disable-unwanted-system-apps-and-bloatware-from-your-android-phone-android-4-0-and-up/

Ive had the device activated since 6pm yesterday. Initial thoughts:

• Very solid feeling device, and very light
  • Screen is pretty nice, i like the increased resolution vs my Evo LTE
  • Battery goes in 5% intervals, which makes it feel like it drains faster
  • I made a phone call and it was EXTREMELY clear, best sounding call ive ever had on Sprint
  • I can confirm the device will not connect to LTE
  • Kitkat is very fast, and the device is much faster than my Evo LTE. going back to the Evo feels like Slo-Mo
  • I need to find a different case, i have the Spigen Neo-Hybrid and it is way to bulky, i will probably pick up a Diztronic case

Has anyone been able to successfully connect to LTE? 32gb device without going into any engineering screens?  I do wonder if all these issues clear up on friday.

I received and activated my Nexus 5, 32 GB version last night and LTE fortunately has been performing great, much better than my old phone which was a EVO LTE. I didn't do anything special.I am in the DC area if that helps

• Like 1

I received and activated my Nexus 5, 32 GB version last night and LTE fortunately has been performing great, much better than my old phone which was a EVO LTE. I didn't do anything special.I am in the DC area if that helps

can you post which prl you have

ok i just picked up my Nexus 5 from the ups center!!!! soooooo happy.. so now im sitting here ready to activaye this beast.. i have the sim they sent me.. so what do i need to do to activate?? do i put the sim in the phone then turn it on?? then ca;; sprint.. please tell me exactly what i need to do... thanks guys!! so i have to give them my IMEI number without the last digit??

Edited by P.Mobile

I am up in Boston, but this does answer my question.  I am still waiting 2-3 weeks for my N5 and was curious how many are having problems, and if there was a pattern.  Sero, Engineering screen, etc.

Does the Nexus 5 have the 2 window mode like my note 2? If not do you think a custom rom will add it? This phone is looking pretty good to me right now but I use 2 windows a lot. I also don't like the lack of a swappable battery and no microsd card slot.

< nothing to see here, move along >

Was checking the status of my pre-order with Sprint this morning and a chat box popped up.  This is the info the rep gave me, take it for what it is worth.  Made it sound like phones won't even start shipping until the 8th. 

Mike: Currently, your order information is processing normally and awaiting fulfillment at our warehouse until its release date 11/8/2013. At the moment, there is no tracking information or delivery date available but once the phone has been shipped, you will receive an email with your tracking number. Mike: It will usually take up to 2-5 business days for you to receive your order from the date it is released. I would recommend checking back on the 8th to see if a tracking number is available.

Grrr.  I would like to know what day they are coming so I can work from home that day.  I don't want it showing up on Friday and me not being there.  Who does Sprint use to ship?  UPS or FedEx? 

Just FYI, the case talk needs to be directed to the Nexus 5 accessories thread, and a number of recent posts here will probably be moved over there.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4973-nexus-5-accessories/page-3&do=findComment&comment=231997

AJ

• Like 2