Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I personally don't use the Battery Guru app, but that's because I manually turn off auto sync, WiFi, and mobile data during work hours anyway since I don't have a stable Sprint connection at work. That usually leaves me at ~87% battery life left by the time I get out of work, so I just let it auto sync everything after that, and I usually go to bed with the battery still at >60%, all of which is way better than what my GS3 or E4GT could pull off. All in all, the battery life of this phone is pretty impressive considering that its battery is usually touted as one of its main weaknesses by reviewers.

I have a Nexus 5 purchased through Google Play and activated on Sprint.  But Sprint ostensibly does not know that.  My online account does not recognize the identity of my current handset, and it prevents me from adding/changing optional services because those may be incompatible with my unrecognized handset.

AJ

I also have a Google Play Nexus 5 32 GB activated on Sprint, and it looks like Sprint DOES know I have a Nexus 5 since I just got this email:

nex5sprint.png

I went to my MySprint account, and it still seems to not know what my device is.

So it does look like Sprint knows I have a Nexus 5... Somewhere. It seems like their databases are just not very well managed.

I also have a Google Play Nexus 5 32 GB activated on Sprint, and it looks like Sprint DOES know I have a Nexus 5 since I just got this email:

attachicon.gifnex5sprint.png

I went to my MySprint account, and it still seems to not know what my device is.

So it does look like Sprint knows I have a Nexus 5... Somewhere. It seems like their databases are just not very well managed.

I have the N5 showing up in my account as well.

You know, I have to agree with this.  The entire Nexus 5 launch with Google play was a fiasco.  Representatives were not trained, nobody knew how to order a SIM card, and to this day Sprint is also unable to recognize the handset attached to my account.

Maybe there is a technical hurdle within the system that prevents this but i am more apt to believe that someone at Sprint is dropping the ball and not following through to make these things work as it should.

We should be able to activate a t-mobile nexus5 on our accounts,  the Sprint website should recognize our Phones,  and we should be able to change optional services. I'm guessing the only reason why we can't is because whomever is in charge of these things is not doing there job.  

attachicon.gifnex5sprint.png

BEAT ME TO IT!  :tu:  :twitch:  :wall:

So how do you guys like Nexus 5?  Right now i have the s4 i like it but Samsung with there updates and bloatware are getting old.   In thinking about the nexus 6 that supposedly comes out late fall.

So how do you guys like Nexus 5?  Right now i have the s4 i like it but Samsung with there updates and bloatware are getting old.   In thinking about the nexus 6 that supposedly comes out late fall.

It's a phone that does everything marvelously. There's nothing you can really throw at it that it will not be able to handle. It's not gimmicky, or flashy, or have many features that you can write home about, in a sense this phone is the most utilitarian phone out there.

So if you want a phone that will perform like a beast, but don't care about looks, then this phone will impress you and I can guarantee that it's performance will make you fall in love with it.

-Luis

So how do you guys like Nexus 5? Right now i have the s4 i like it but Samsung with there updates and bloatware are getting old. In thinking about the nexus 6 that supposedly comes out late fall.

I would get the Nexus 5. It's a solid phone. Great screen, the radio is insane, and it's quick.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's a phone that does everything marvelously. There's nothing you can really throw at it that it will not be able to handle. It's not gimmicky, or flashy, or have many features that you can write home about, in a sense this phone is the most utilitarian phone out there.

So if you want a phone that will perform like a beast, but don't care about looks, then this phone will impress you and I can guarantee that it's performance will make you fall in love with it.

-Luis

This may sound stupid, but what exactly are people referring to when they talk about a phone's "look"? (Software ..

Materials ... trim?) I usually put mine in a case. Maybe that is why I never notice a difference.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I would go for the nexus over the s4 better rf better feel when you have it caseless the screen is nice too almost as good as HTC quality... Better than the G2 natural color representation..... Official updates and unlock boot loader when ever you do get the itch to tinker...

• Like 1

This may sound stupid, but what exactly are people referring to when they talk about a phone's "look"? (Software ..

Materials ... trim?) I usually put mine in a case. Maybe that is why I never notice a difference.

Exactly what you're saying. The aesthetic of the physical phone.

Like the HTC ONE was a very good looking phone.

• Like 1

Exactly what you're saying. The aesthetic of the physical phone.

Like the HTC ONE was a very good looking phone.

Makes since, thanks. Guess my case hides the look and feel. Afraid to leave it off. See to many people drop their phones. Maybe I will evolve ...

Just got mine activated not too long ago and I agree with what everyone else has been saying. It does everything well and looks amazing doing it. I've gone through the whole Samsung lineup and had a g2 and they don't compare to this at all. The fluidity is just nuts. I'm honestly surprised more people haven't heard about/want a Nexus.

• Like 1

I'm honestly surprised more people haven't heard about/want a Nexus.

It truly is an all-star device.  I've recommended it to several people, but when they went to the Sprint store to get it on an upgrade ALL of them said the reps dissuaded them from getting it saying that "it has issues" and people consistently complain about it.  Not sure what's going on there but could be a big reason why the Nexus hasn't hit it big with the mainstream consumer.  I've heard and experienced nothing but great things from the Nexus, but it seems that the reps really want to push the G2 sales.

It truly is an all-star device.  I've recommended it to several people, but when they went to the Sprint store to get it on an upgrade ALL of them said the reps dissuaded them from getting it saying that "it has issues" and people consistently complain about it.  Not sure what's going on there but could be a big reason why the Nexus hasn't hit it big with the mainstream consumer.  I've heard and experienced nothing but great things from the Nexus, but it seems that the reps really want to push the G2 sales.

Same thing as many have said already.  Awesome device.  Love the openness of the device and practically no bloat.  I'm not sure I'll ever stray from a pure Nexus device again after this. 

I also heard from some reps saying they "heard" it has issues.  "Issues?  I think you are confusing the G2 with this phone."

Another thing I like is, what other Sprint phone can you pop out the SIM card, and use it on AT&T or Tmobile, or maybe an international carrier during that vacation or business trip?  All without ever deactivating your Sprint line.

• Like 9

Just got mine activated not too long ago and I agree with what everyone else has been saying. It does everything well and looks amazing doing it. I've gone through the whole Samsung lineup and had a g2 and they don't compare to this at all. The fluidity is just nuts. I'm honestly surprised more people haven't heard about/want a Nexus.

I'm actually using an S3 at the moment, and it's a world of difference. TBH the S3 feels laggy and bogged down. Mind you I just did a fresh wipe of the whole device, and even then it still struggles to send a text as fast as the nexus 5 does.

-Luis

I had both the S4 and HTC one, And this is way smoother of an experience so far. The only issues I have had is in very low signal areas with keeps telling me My selected service is unavailable and says T-mobiles, even with a sprint sim in. But great phone overall. Oh and Some sites with LTE I dont get LTE from anymore. Ill live with a better operating experience though until it gets Fixed. 

Has Anyone Noticed on the coverage maps, if you have a Nexus 5 device selected it does not show spark coverage anymore?

I also heard from some reps saying they "heard" it has issues. "Issues? I think you are confusing the G2 with this phone."

This. My G2 was too inconsistent with performance. The speaker was loud when it wanted to be and knock on only worked reliably half the time. So far no hiccups with the N5.

I doubt I'll go to another phone after this. Nexus FTW!

I love the Nexus 5 since I fell in love with AOSP Android ever since flashing CM 6 on my OG Evo 4G. I never realized what these devices were capable of until pure Android is on it.

That being said, I kinda miss the excitement of flashing custom ROMs, but I'd take stability and performance any day over broken features and slow updates.

Same thing as many have said already.  Awesome device.  Love the openness of the device and practically no bloat.  I'm not sure I'll ever stray from a pure Nexus device again after this. 

I also heard from some reps saying they "heard" it has issues.  "Issues?  I think you are confusing the G2 with this phone."

Another thing I like is, what other Sprint phone can you pop out the SIM card, and use it on AT&T or Tmobile, or maybe an international carrier during that vacation or business trip?  All without ever deactivating your Sprint line.

Wasn't sure how much I would like pure Android, but I don't think I will go back to a skinned version of Android after this.  Just oo smooth.

I had both the S4 and HTC one, And this is way smoother of an experience so far. The only issues I have had is in very low signal areas with keeps telling me My selected service is unavailable and says T-mobiles, even with a sprint sim in. But great phone overall. Oh and Some sites with LTE I dont get LTE from anymore. Ill live with a better operating experience though until it gets Fixed.  Has Anyone Noticed on the coverage maps, if you have a Nexus 5 device selected it does not show spark coverage anymore?

The site doesn't show spark coverage because the nexus hasn't gotten the update... The issue with it not picking up certain towers I experienced that and I found out, this is a hypothesis that was conffirmed when I got the HTC one max. The nexus couldn't connect to those towers due to them broadcasting band 41 which it couldn't pick up... Only if I forced lte mode exclusively would it pick up band 25 from the same site on the nexus, that the HTC one max does with no issues now.... Dieffernce between official spark update and no spark update on the nexus 5...

• Like 1

The site doesn't show spark coverage because the nexus hasn't gotten the update... The issue with it not picking up certain towers I experienced that and I found out, this is a hypothesis that was conffirmed when I got the HTC one max. The nexus couldn't connect to those towers due to them broadcasting band 41 which it couldn't pick up... Only if I forced lte mode exclusively would it pick up band 25 from the same site on the nexus, that the HTC one max does with no issues now.... Dieffernce between official spark update and no spark update on the nexus 5...

I knew about it not being spark enable, unless through an update, But it happened recently I believe. It was showing spark cities up until a few days ago for me with the nexus 5 chosen as my device. Well i know it is not the Band 41 issues becuase these sites only have NV 1 equipment on it. And an s4 and HTC connect fine to the site, just not the Nexus. I am not quite sure but I think ECSFB might be the culprit on these two sites? Even LTE only has no luck. I am happy still because one site is 1x800 and LTE is working on all other devices, but Im happy with EVDO. 

PC Mag gave the sprint network a pretty glowing review. :-) I hope this is signs of things to come!

http://mobile.pcmag.com/?origref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com#!/article/52de985fec0691c3f40003d8-google-nexus-5-sprint

that author seems to think you HAVE to go through Sprint to get the device. :rolleyes: