Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

When the white Nexus 5 gets its Spark update, will it then be called Panda Express?

:P

AJ

• Like 5

Does anyone else have trouble making calls? I'll dial the number or press the contact ant it will go to the phone app screen and say dialing. It will then immediately say call ended and sound the busy signal. Anyone?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Does anyone else have trouble making calls? I'll dial the number or press the contact ant it will go to the phone app screen and say dialing. It will then immediately say call ended and sound the busy signal. Anyone?

Sounds like a blocked call network issue.

• Like 1

How do I resolve that? It only happens sometimes..

Network vision. More sites. More 1x channels.

Are you on LTE when this happens? What signal numbers are you seeing when this happens?

Network vision. More sites. More 1x channels.

Are you on LTE when this happens? What signal numbers are you seeing when this happens?

Not on LTE usually. 3g and even when forced 1x. I have to usually text people to call me, which comes through fine. I haven't actually looked at the signal levels when this has happened but it has happen with up to 3 bars 3g.

I have to say that I really love this phone and how much I can do with it. Here is my current setup:

Wallpaper album: http://imgur.com/a/7tFAf

Install the Xposed Framework then install the Gravity Box module...downright awesome all the little tweaks and such you can do on the fly.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2554049

PC Mag gave the sprint network a pretty glowing review. :-) I hope this is signs of things to come!

http://mobile.pcmag.com/?origref=https://www.google.com#!/article/52de985fec0691c3f40003d8-google-nexus-5-sprint

Judging by his review, It sounds like he thinks there's a Sprint variant of the N5.

Judging by his review, It sounds like he thinks there's a Sprint variant of the N5. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I got a good chuckle out of reading that review.... they talk as if there are two phone models.

Judging by his review, It sounds like he thinks there's a Sprint variant of the N5. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I got a good chuckle out of reading that review.... they talk as if there are two phone models.

Haha, I just read it a few minutes ago and thought the same thing! Even decided to comment on it to gently point out that it's the same phone..

-Mike

I also have a Google Play Nexus 5 32 GB activated on Sprint, and it looks like Sprint DOES know I have a Nexus 5 since I just got this email:

attachicon.gifnex5sprint.png

I went to my MySprint account, and it still seems to not know what my device is.

So it does look like Sprint knows I have a Nexus 5... Somewhere. It seems like their databases are just not very well managed.

I've had my Nexus on my account since November, but they're still sending me tips on how to manage my HTC One ...   -_-

• Like 2

Haha, I just read it a few minutes ago and thought the same thing! Even decided to comment on it to gently point out that it's the same phone..

-Mike

It looks like your comment created a change in the article.

The mobile version still assumes that the Sprint Nexus 5 is the only way to get it, but the full article deleted those lines, and the conclusion even changed to finish it off with this line:

The Nexus 5 is still among the best Android smartphones on Sprint, but with the carrier's pricing scheme, consumers are better off buying the device unlocked and activating it with Sprint itself.

• Like 1

The mobile version still assumes that the Sprint Nexus 5 is the only way to get it, but the full article deleted those lines, and the conclusion even changed to finish it off with this line:

Heh.. yeah I see the mobile one is still way off, but someone over there must be paying attention. Just doing my little part to save the world from misinformation, one small article at a time.. superhero.gif

-Mike

• Like 2

Try *#*#72786#*#* and see if that helps. If it doesn't do anything then flip the # and the * on both ends and it should work.

I did it. Only time will tell if it works. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1

I see a lot of people like Franco kernel for the N5. Is anybody here running it? Is it worth root just for the kernel to get some more speed out of the phone?

I'm trying not to root this phone since it does really well on its own already but the temptation is just too much. Lol.

Except one problem... the one you buy from Sprint is not locked.  They are assuming it is.  You can get one from the Sprint store, walk outside and pop in a GSM company SIM, boot it up and away you go.

I see a lot of people like Franco kernel for the N5. Is anybody here running it? Is it worth root just for the kernel to get some more speed out of the phone?

I'm trying not to root this phone since it does really well on its own already but the temptation is just too much. Lol.

Is the phone not fast enough? 

I rooted for other practical reasons like installing Xposed Framework so I could add stuff and change some things on the fly.  Titanium Backup, cycling Airplane in SCP, etc. 

There really isn't any reason to have a non-rooted N5, it doesn't void anything, the device is designed to be rooted. 

• Like 1

It's fast. I'm just looking for a little more battery life out of it and I've always rooted my phones.

Greenify is what I'm missing right now. Not allowing apps to run in the background I would expect to get another couple hours out of my phone.

I would suggest battery guru. I had my father try it out and he said it's giving an hour or two extra, and he uses his phone a ton. It's his job to use the phone. So if he can squeeze out an extra hour or two, I'm sure it'll work for you.

Also making the phone faster also drains the battery quicker, so you might wanna find a rom that actually puts the phone in a lower clock speed once it's idle, and only speed up when it's needed, that'll probably help out.

But other than that, I agree that this phone has no need to be rooted, it does everything fine.

-Luis

I would suggest battery guru. I had my father try it out and he said it's giving an hour or two extra, and he uses his phone a ton. It's his job to use the phone. So if he can squeeze out an extra hour or two, I'm sure it'll work for you.

Also making the phone faster also drains the battery quicker, so you might wanna find a rom that actually puts the phone in a lower clock speed once it's idle, and only speed up when it's needed, that'll probably help out.

But other than that, I agree that this phone has no need to be rooted, it does everything fine.

-Luis

I suppose you're right. By speed I meant more fluidity. I have no clue if it's just the coding they change in kernels or if it's clock speeds but phones always seem to run quicker with one on it.

I'll give battery guru a shot.