nexgencpu

Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

Anyone got any slim port or miracast accessories they recommend?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I just read that the 32gb N5 will not be allowed on TEP at Sprint.  What are people doing for insurance? None?

"Can veryone talk about none PCS connections outside the sponsor /premier sponsors areas?"

I mean if we don't say site IDs or talk about the stuff in sponsor areas.

Sorry for double post Tapatalk won't connect to edit today.

< nothing to see here, move along >

I just read that the 32gb N5 will not be allowed on TEP at Sprint.  What are people doing for insurance? None?

No insurance for me.  Never needed it once in eleven years.  Cancelled it for good last year.  Also if you can afford to replace your device, insurance is useless.  Thirdly, this device is relatively inexpensive.  What's the deductible for TEP, $200?  $150?  Not worth it in my mind.

Hey guys, any word on the black 32 gig being able to get activated?

Why would you want insurance on a $400 retail device.  Monthly fee plus a $200 deductible?  Where is the value in that?

• Like 3

Once you get a SIM card, you are good to go now with the 32GB devices.

Once you get a SIM card, you are good to go now with the 32GB devices.

Thanks for the reply. Damn another waiting game for the sim.

For those stores claiming no sim cards here is a tip.  Don't tip your hand to them.  Tell them you are looking for a sim card for the galaxy s4 or htc one.  DO NOT MENTION the Nexus 5.  When they say yeah we have those then get out the Nexus and assure them it will work.  

For some reason the Sprint stores are under the impression that there is special sim cards for the Nexus 5.  So I did the above workaround with no issue.

Yep, that's why I tried to just ask for inventory for the SKU listed earlier.  The first store claimed they couldn't search by SKU (?!) and the second came back with a "you're looking for a Nexus 5"

Yep, that's why I tried to just ask for inventory for the SKU listed earlier. The first store claimed they couldn't search by SKU (?!) and the second came back with a "you're looking for a Nexus 5"

Hilarious! My local corporate store said they're not allowed to give them out and I didn't even mention anything about a Nexus.

When you activate the Nexus 5 with Sprint, they need to link your MEID with your ICCID on your SIM card. If you pop in a SIM card with an ICCID that is tied to another Sprint device, you will get a warning that your SIM card is locked after awhile.

So just make sure any existing Sprint SIM tied to another device gets delinked and activated for the new device.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Is there a way to delink the SIM ourselves?

I mean if we don't say site IDs or talk about the stuff in sponsor areas.

My understanding of the Rules is that proprietary information or things that you'd only understand were significant because of proprietary information has to stay in sponsor areas. But anything you discover or confirm with your phone can be posted in "public" as long as you don't discuss Sprint internal ID numbers or schedules or map coordinates or the like.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looking forward to 2600 LTE reports to start rolling in.

I just read that the 32gb N5 will not be allowed on TEP at Sprint. What are people doing for insurance? None?

Worth Ave Group insurance on my current phone but I'll drop it once I switch to the Nexus 5. Not going to carry insurance on a $350 phone.

As mentioned a few pages back, it's resolved.

Thanx for the responses on the TEP.  

My phone comes today, sim comes tomorrow. Just to confirm, I won't mess up the Sprint activation process tomorrow by turning the phone on without a sim and setting it up over WiFi, correct?

Is there a way to delink the SIM ourselves?

I didn't find a way online.  You probably have to call, or possibly chat.  :(

Robert

My phone comes today, sim comes tomorrow. Just to confirm, I won't mess up the Sprint activation process tomorrow by turning the phone on without a sim and setting it up over WiFi, correct?

That will not cause any problems.

Robert

• Like 2

Have you received tracking info from Sprint yet on the SIM card? 

My order still shows "In process".  The order was set up last night via Worlwide Chat w/overnight shipping.

I didn't find a way online.  You probably have to call, or possibly chat.   :(

Robert

oh well

Yes, I've got tracking info and delivery notification for tomorrow through MyUPS system.

I am assuming the only way to "delink" a sim would be to put another one. The system probably sees the phones skew and requires a uicc number attached. Similar to how every subscriber is required to have some sort of device attached.

That will not cause any problems.

Robert

Thanks. With the 32's working now for activation is the online system wanting the MEID or the other number? Or does either work now?