Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

So "Blue" on the sprint community forum has advised folks with a 32GB model and a valid sim card to private message him ---> https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/lg/nexus-5/blog/2013/10/31/sprint-product-ambassadors-nexus-5--gimme-some-of-that-kitkat

Take this as you will. In other news, it looks like my SIM card went out to lunch, took a nap, and is now leaving for your Nations Capital... a day longer than it really should: Louisville, KY, United States 11/04/2013 11:43 P.M. Departure Scan 11/04/2013 3:38 P.M. Arrival Scan 11/04/2013 2:57 P.M. Departure Scan 11/04/2013 1:52 P.M. Origin Scan

At least yours left lol. A bunch of us who ordered them last Friday, haven't even gotten a tracking number yet :P

Why would it?...same battery tech, 700mAh less.

I'm not even sure it's the same tech: I recall the G2 had some kind of dedicated RAM in the display that enabled it to refresh itself? Supposedly saving battery. Does the Nexus include this as well?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Yeah, those embedded SIMs are really looking bad about now.

;)

AJ

• Like 2

I'm not even sure it's the same tech: I recall the G2 had some kind of dedicated RAM in the display that enabled it to refresh itself? Supposedly saving battery. Does the Nexus include this as well?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

I think your referring to the GRAM which enables the equivalent of panel self refresh for the display and can run parts of the subsystem and save power. Which I don't doubt is also included in this phone. But, what i was referring to was the way the cells were stacked inside the battery pack, if im not mistaken, its the same tech that squeezes more cells in a smaller space. SiO+anode compared to typical graphite anode.

Edited by nexgencpu

That guy called Brandon Land is telling he was able to activate his 32gb version on Sprint. If anyone would try and let us know if that info is accurate would be great.

Screenshot_2013-11-05-01-44-07.png

That guy called Brandon Land is telling he was able to activate his 32gb version on Sprint. If anyone would try and let us know if that info is accurate would be great.

Ya, online swaps via My Sprint are definitely not working and you have to chat to activate anything. Even had to for a different device tonight.

Its nice to know that at least Sprint is working on the matter

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Yeah, those embedded SIMs are really looking bad about now.

;)

AJ

With "those embedded SIMs," there'd be no Nexus 5 on Sprint, or it'd be useless for anyone who wanted to use it on any other carrier. In fact, the hangup for the 32GB models seems to be Sprint's pigheaded MEID whitelist rules, not the SIM itself.

Sprint was going to have to join the 21st century sometime, and while they're not there yet (they need to abolish the automatic lockout of non-Sprint IMEIs/MEIDs, and just blacklist stolen devices, and the lack of CSIM authentication on most devices), I think it will pay dividends down the road as the US transitions to a BYOD/unsubsidized market and manufacturers focus on delivering one or two SKUs that work worldwide as opposed to dozens for every carrier's baroque band configuration.

• Like 3

I am still not sure why Sprint hasn't switched all of its currents smartphones to the new CSIM system.  I mean if the iPhone 5S/5C phones are using the CSIM system then why not the Android phones.  There should be no excuse to continue using USIM cards.

• Like 1

Hearing battery life is mediocre at best according to android central. Not up to par with the G2 or Note 3 in that respect but I didn't think it would be anyway. They say its up to par with the Nexus 4 or slightly better.

My Nexus 4 had awful battery life.  The Nexus 5 appears way better.  However, I'm sure it will not be on par with 3,000mah battery devices.

Robert

Have you tried activating it on Sprint while having a T-Mobile LTE SIM installed yet?

My Nexus 4 had awful battery life. The Nexus 5 appears way better. However, I'm sure it will not be on par with 3,000mah battery devices.

Robert

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

My Nexus 4 had awful battery life.  The Nexus 5 appears way better.  However, I'm sure it will not be on par for 3,000mah battery devices.

Robert

NOT YOU TOO! I'm disappointed that you don't use Wh for batteries.  :(

• Like 2

My Nexus 4 had awful battery life.  The Nexus 5 appears way better.  However, I'm sure it will not be on par with 3,000mah battery devices.

Robert

When you say the battery life is better on the Nexus 5, what do you mean by this?  How long does it last for you on moderate to heavy use before hitting 15% left on battery.

I don't want to try to activate it without the SIM in case something happens, I need my phone in the morning.

I was just going to use the website tomorrow. It already shows up on my account to activate a SIM, that wasn't there until they shipped my SIM card.

Where are you seeing the SIM to activate on your account?

Have you tried activating it on Sprint while having a T-Mobile LTE SIM installed yet?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I dropped my Tmo service when I moved to South Dakota. They don't have service up here.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

NOT YOU TOO! I'm disappointed that you don't use Wh for batteries. :(

*yawn*

Next, will you try to tell me I can't say towers or panels? :td:

• Like 2

My 32gb white Nexus is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, one day ahead of schedule. I'm ready to get it unlocked and rooted after work. :)

Here is my question though. Initially, I'm gonna use my Walmart-purchased $30 5gb of data SIM card to get started on T-Mobile. Eventually, I would like to activate the phone on Sprint. If I do activate it on Sprint, will I be able to go back to using the $30 T-Mobile SIM card anytime I want? Or, once it's activated on Sprint, will T-Mobile & AT&T SIM cards stop working?

When you say the battery life is better on the Nexus 5, what do you mean by this? How long does it last for you on moderate to heavy use before hitting 15% left on battery.

My Nexus 4 only would last me 4-5 hours of heavy usage. The Nexus 5 lasted me about 7-8 hours on the first full charge today of nonstop usage. Whereas my Note 2 would last 10-12 hours of similar usage.