Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Where are you seeing the SIM to activate on your account?

its under Devices, it just says activate sim, and then when you click on it it comes up with the two phone lines that are on my account. If I try to click on one to activate a SIM card, it gives me an error message saying that I have no phone that requires a sim card on my account.

EDIT: I swear it was there but I can't find it anymore. I will have to look again when I have more time.

Well my nexus it out for delivery so I should be getting it sometime today, I also got tracking info for the two sims I ordered and should have those by tomorrow or thursday.

• Like 4

Sprint is offering the service to customers on Nov 8. Sprint & Google has an agreement to support the Nexus 5 device in one unlocked model and that agreement allowed Sprint to officially offer service on November 8. As such, one expects training, system configuration, and distribution of equipment & information in the days preceding that date, Instead people are complaining 4 days out on a monday to front line employees who definitely have not been trained and when the system have obviously not been fully updated.

When Sprint officially launches the N5 on the 8th then it's expected that the rank and file are informed and trained of the procedures and the system is updated to accept the devices. That is the point when those who got it on the play store can legitimately complain as the Sprint advertises that they'll have the Nexus 5 as part of it's "Spark" lineup and accept N5's from the play store. 

This is just silly.  The agreement is that the nexus 5 is supported by sprint - the agreement is NOT only phones sold by sprint after november 8th are supported, or only a specific model (16GB).  Regardless of if sprint SELLS the phone or not, it clearly states on the google play store that sprint IS a supported carrier.

Bottom line, sprint screwed up.  They loaded all Black/White 16GB MEIDs and white 32GB MEIDs - they DID NOT load BLACK 32GB MEIDs.

Regardless, it's resolved - and that's all that matters.  Comments that say to wait don't solve problems.

Now, hopefully people who are receiving their black 32GB nexus 5 will have no issues on sprint and that's what it is all about - helping the community resolve problems... not just say "well... let's do nothing and pretend like nothing is wrong".

• Like 1

This is just silly.  The agreement is that the nexus 5 is supported by sprint - the agreement is NOT only phones sold by sprint after november 8th are supported, or only a specific model (16GB).  Regardless of if sprint SELLS the phone or not, it clearly states on the google play store that sprint IS a supported carrier.

Bottom line, sprint screwed up.  They loaded all Black/White 16GB MEIDs and white 32GB MEIDs - they DID NOT load BLACK 32GB MEIDs.

Regardless, it's resolved - and that's all that matters.  Comments that say to wait don't solve problems.

Now, hopefully people who are receiving their black 32GB nexus 5 will have no issues on sprint and that's what it is all about - helping the community resolve problems... not just say "well... let's do nothing and pretend like nothing is wrong".

Wait, is there more than just the one or two confirmations that it's resolved?  I mean, you'll get fringe cases where for whatever reason, they luck out, but I haven't seen it being widespread yet (though, haven't looked much this morning).

On another note, I just laughed when I saw that White 32GB were activating fine, but not black.  It was one thing if they left out the entire 32GB lot, but when they only left out black...bah.

Wait, is there more than just the one or two confirmations that it's resolved?  I mean, you'll get fringe cases where for whatever reason, they luck out, but I haven't seen it being widespread yet (though, haven't looked much this morning).

On another note, I just laughed when I saw that White 32GB were activating fine, but not black.  It was one thing if they left out the entire 32GB lot, but when they only left out black...bah.

it's fixed.  Blue, a sprint employee was involved in the launch and communicated to the Sprint forum the issue is resolved.

Yes... I am on our device launch team for the Nexus 5 and I asked earlier today to make sure we are able to activate one since unlocked Google Play Store version only have IMEIs. The model we activated was a white 32GB model and based on feedback I have received the 32 GB black model is the one everyone is having a problem with. We are working on this and will have more information tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Blue

They fixed it at some point last night - all 32GB Black MEIDs are now loaded with sprint.

• Like 2

Mine is on the truck for delivery today. I guess I should figure out where I am getting a sim from now....

Call around to sprint corporate stores, ask them to check inventory on SKU 760492013536

I recommend not asking for a SIM for your Nexus 5, just ask if they have that SKU

• Like 2

yeah I don't think the Sprint devices are going to deliver by Friday, just my feeling at this point. There still is no update from Sprint on the preorders and customer service reps just repeat the same thing about them, "that they will do their best to deliver by Friday, Nov 8". I tried asking if they have at least recieved them in the warehouse, and am getting nowhere.

yeah I don't think the Sprint devices are going to deliver by Friday, just my feeling at this point. There still is no update from Sprint on the preorders and customer service reps just repeat the same thing about them, "that they will do their best to deliver by Friday, Nov 8". I tried asking if they have at least recieved them in the warehouse, and am getting nowhere.

Yeah, I am starting to get that feeling also, but I really won't give up hope for a Friday delivery until Thursday.  Even if they don't get them until tomorrow they could get them out pretty fast and send them out overnight.  Don't know if that is how they operate but it is possible.  What has me more skeptical is that on the Sprint website if you go to order one they are still quoting the Nov 8 delivery date.  Now I know the vast majority of people are buying through Google Play, but when you consider how fast they sold out, I find it hard to beleive that Sprint has not sold through their pre-order quantity yet. 

This is my first pre-order with sprint, what is their track record on Pre-orders?  I have done several with VZW and always got my device on or before the date promised. 

Yeah, I am starting to get that feeling also, but I really won't give up hope for a Friday delivery until Thursday.  Even if they don't get them until tomorrow they could get them out pretty fast and send them out overnight.  Don't know if that is how they operate but it is possible.  What has me more skeptical is that on the Sprint website if you go to order one they are still quoting the Nov 8 delivery date.  Now I know the vast majority of people are buying through Google Play, but when you consider how fast they sold out, I find it hard to beleive that Sprint has not sold through their pre-order quantity yet. 

This is my first pre-order with sprint, what is their track record on Pre-orders?  I have done several with VZW and always got my device on or before the date promised. 

I was just hoping for some type of update like "orders are in the warehouse and expected to ship tomorrow". The free shipping is 2 day ship, so I doubt they'll be overnighting them in order to get them by Friday.

I have been part of a few pre-orders at Sprint and everytime they shipped them overnight the day before.  So my money is on them shipping out on Thursday overnight with a Friday delivery.

I would always check the order status on my account (My Account > Pay my bill > View my orders (right side))

and also this page:

http://www.sprint.com/personal/wireless/order_status.html

One of them updated quicker than the other with tracking info.

• Like 2

I was just hoping for some type of update like "orders are in the warehouse and expected to ship tomorrow". The free shipping is 2 day ship, so I doubt they'll be overnighting them in order to get them by Friday.

Sprint never updates you, you'll get shipping and usually get the next day... I would guess they'll ship today or tomorrow at the latest, unless supply is an issue...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• Like 1

With both the EVO 3d and EVO LTE I had a shipping notice from myUPS (it monitors your address and sends you an email any time a package is coming to that address, even if the seller sends you no tracking) and the device actually delivered to my house before Sprint ever sent me tracking or updated my order status. 

Don't give up hope :)

I have been part of a few pre-orders at Sprint and everytime they shipped them overnight the day before.  So my money is on them shipping out on Thursday overnight with a Friday delivery.

I would always check the order status on my account (My Account > Pay my bill > View my orders (right side))

and also this page:

http://www.sprint.com/personal/wireless/order_status.html

One of them updated quicker than the other with tracking info.

Thanks for the info. 

I debated between doing the sprint preorder or Google Play but as a new line I was able to order the phone for $49.99.  So even if after a few months I can't stand sprint anymore,  I can take my phone somplace else and even with the ETF I am not paying more money then I would have been if I had bought at Google Play.  That is the beauty of cheap unlocked phones.  So I figured pay less not and take the chance on Sprint.  Got the $70 Everything Plus plan so it is much cheeper then what I am paying Verizon right now. 

Thanks for the info. 

I debated between doing the sprint preorder or Google Play but as a new line I was able to order the phone for $49.99.  So even if after a few months I can't stand sprint anymore,  I can take my phone somplace else and even with the ETF I am not paying more money then I would have been if I had bought at Google Play.  That is the beauty of cheap unlocked phones.  So I figured pay less not and take the chance on Sprint.  Got the $70 Everything Plus plan so it is much cheeper then what I am paying Verizon right now.

Thought about this but if you do leave don't you have to pony up the difference of the over all cost 449.00 which is the same cost of a 32g N5 delivered from the play store. I think it to better off to just order from the Play store.

Thanks for the info. 

Yeah, sounds like you got a great deal.

I've preordered a bunch of things from sprint - they always do the same thing.  You'll get the phone on Friday and likely get actual tracking info right before it arrives (so the tracking info isn't all that useful).

It will also say it ships via 2-day air, but always comes overnight - so fear not.  95+% chance you'll get it Friday.

Thought about this but if you do leave don't you have to pony up the difference of the over all cost 449.00 which is the same cost of a 32g N5 delivered from the play store. I think it to better off to just order from the Play store.

How do you figure?  The way I understand it the ETF is $350 and after 6 months it starts going down and by 9 months it is under $300.  By that point $50 + $290 (the nine month ETF) is less then $350 price of the 16GB phone in Google Play.  So really it is not that much of a risk in my opinion.  And I don't see Sprint being that bad here for me to have to get out before then as I know enough people here that use them and it works for them.

I think my tentative plan is pretty solid.

Buy on contract from bb for $108 ($50 mobile freedom offer) with my upgrade.

Activate my N5, deactivate my Evo lte. If I like the n5 on sprint with triband I'll keep as is. If not, I'll swap my evo LTE back onto my sprint line(evo lte is getting 4.3 ota next month) and take the n5 wherever else I choose.

Worst that could happen is that I have both active at the same time due to resigning a 2 year contract with sprint. Thankfully my work cell phone stipend is greater than my monthly Sprint bill (unlimited everything on a family plan).

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

This is just silly. The agreement is that the nexus 5 is supported by sprint - the agreement is NOT only phones sold by sprint after november 8th are supported, or only a specific model (16GB). Regardless of if sprint SELLS the phone or not, it clearly states on the google play store that sprint IS a supported carrier.

Bottom line, sprint screwed up. They loaded all Black/White 16GB MEIDs and white 32GB MEIDs - they DID NOT load BLACK 32GB MEIDs.

Regardless, it's resolved - and that's all that matters. Comments that say to wait don't solve problems.

How do we know that Google didn't jump the gun and start releasing phones a day or two too soon when they were really not intended to be in customers hands until the 8th to coincide with sprints release of the device. From everything I'm reading today, the issues are resolved and it is not the 8th yet but we have no knowledge of whether the 8th was the agreement date between sprint and Google for support of these devices.