Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

It might not be ready in your area

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Forgot to mention...  I have a G2 and have found plenty of B26 sites while using that device.

The phone in general is a power sucker. You can watch the meter going down while using it. It almost has to have a custom kernel to get a good day of heavy use. On Sunday, I spent the whole day at home on wifi, and managed around 4.5 hours of SOT with on Franco's kernel with about 20% left.

That's around the battery life I get stock. The phone is not a power sucker; envelope tracking assures that.

I have been combing through this forum, so I apologize for asking this since I am sure it has been asked MANY times.  Even tried searching, but with so many results and not having a lot of time since I should be working, I thought I would just post and hope for a quick and simple response.

I bought a N5 yesterday and ended up flashing the .17 radio and a custom PRL and then also enabled B26.  My question is if there is something I am missing for B26 from the N5?  I know it isn't "officially" supported yet, but I have read numerous reports that it works on the N5 by just enabling the band.

So, I am just not completely sure if I'm missing something, or if it is just that the N5's RF performance is so good that it never even needs to look for it!  :D  (might slow down my Milwaukee market premier thread, but there's no such thing as too much LTE reception)

I didn't do anything special to pick up B26 sites on mine.  No special PRL (that's for 1x/EV anyways), no tricks, and I had the latest stock radio.  I did check after the profile update on activation to make sure that B26 was enabled and it indeed it came down as such.

I have been combing through this forum, so I apologize for asking this since I am sure it has been asked MANY times. Even tried searching, but with so many results and not having a lot of time since I should be working, I thought I would just post and hope for a quick and simple response.

I bought a N5 yesterday and ended up flashing the .17 radio and a custom PRL and then also enabled B26. My question is if there is something I am missing for B26 from the N5? I know it isn't "officially" supported yet, but I have read numerous reports that it works on the N5 by just enabling the band.

So, I am just not completely sure if I'm missing something, or if it is just that the N5's RF performance is so good that it never even needs to look for it! :D (might slow down my Milwaukee market premier thread, but there's no such thing as too much LTE reception)

I never was able to connect to anything but band 25 initially using the .17 baseband. If I connected to a B25 site, then the site handed off to a B41 site, it worked as it should. Initially, even with all bands enabled and B25 as the lowest priority, it would only scan for a B25 signal and if it found none then no LTE for you. I'm using the 15 radio now and connect to all bands with no issues.

• Like 2

I have been combing through this forum, so I apologize for asking this since I am sure it has been asked MANY times.  Even tried searching, but with so many results and not having a lot of time since I should be working, I thought I would just post and hope for a quick and simple response.

I bought a N5 yesterday and ended up flashing the .17 radio and a custom PRL and then also enabled B26.  My question is if there is something I am missing for B26 from the N5?  I know it isn't "officially" supported yet, but I have read numerous reports that it works on the N5 by just enabling the band.

So, I am just not completely sure if I'm missing something, or if it is just that the N5's RF performance is so good that it never even needs to look for it!  :D  (might slow down my Milwaukee market premier thread, but there's no such thing as too much LTE reception)

i have two coworkers with the N5, all we did for them is enable B26 and do a profile update to get on B26 initially, ever since then it connects on its own, based on the network putting it there or not. neither one of them are rooted or running different radios then the stock one, .23.

• Like 1

i have two coworkers with the N5, all we did for them is enable B26 and do a profile update to get on B26 initially, ever since then it connects on its own, based on the network putting it there or not. neither one of them are rooted or running different radios then the stock one, .23.

I've had all bands enabled for a months, but havent updated the profile in a while. I did that and just picked up b26. My speeds went from 5 mbs to 28 down 8 up =) 

however, it seems that after a few mins it goes back and forward to b25 and the slower speeds :(

• Like 1

I've had all bands enabled for a months, but havent updated the profile in a while. I did that and just picked up b26. My speeds went from 5 mbs to 28 down 8 up =) 

however, it seems that after a few mins it goes back and forward to b25 and the slower speeds :(

Tampa is having ecsfb issues. I was there last week a couple times and had to force lte to get lte due to B26 ecsfb.

Tampa is having ecsfb issues. I was there last week a couple times and had to force lte to get lte due to B26 ecsfb.

I didnt know b26 caused the ecsfb issues. no wonder i was stuck in 3g for two weeks were i used to get great LTE signal.

Gave that a shot...  Still no dice.  I may flash the .23 radio and give it a go.  Although, it really isn't a big deal to me right now.  The B25 coverage is better with this device than I was able to get with B25 and B26 from my G2.

I didnt know b26 caused the ecsfb issues. no wonder i was stuck in 3g for two weeks were i used to get great LTE signal.

Exactly. I had did my homework prior to coming down there and was like I should have LTE and this and that. Got there on the 19th and was like wth. Forced LTE and connected to a bunch of B26 towers. If you can afford to go premier you can get a lot of information on those threads.

I have a question for those of you that have one of the custom PRLs on this device. 

Have any of you backed up your EFS settings in TWRP?  If so, can you get the custom PRL back onto your phone again by just restoring the backup? 

I am just looking for a quicker way in the future to get back to the PRL if I am away from a computer and Sprint forces a PRL update.

I have a question for those of you that have one of the custom PRLs on this device.

Have any of you backed up your EFS settings in TWRP? If so, can you get the custom PRL back onto your phone again by just restoring the backup?

I am just looking for a quicker way in the future to get back to the PRL if I am away from a computer and Sprint forces a PRL update.

yes you can restore efs. I've done it a number of times.

So I think I'm in the camp that Google is waiting for the next release of android to give us spark. To me, it would be foolish to mess around with 4.4.x this close to the speculated next release.

• Like 1

So I think I'm in the camp that Google is waiting for the next release of android to give us spark. To me, it would be foolish to mess around with 4.4.x this close to the speculated next release.

They're doing a 4.4.x to fix fairly prominent bugs introduced in 4.4.2. So it doesn't make sense to not include the overdue spark update. That's my logic lol.

I would hope the OEM's and the big 4 would put pressure on them to push out an update, especially if it fixes data connection problems, so at the very least they don't have to hear about it from customers that have 4.4.2.

Also i've received countless empty texts from "9479" since the day I bought the phone. It happens, on average, every 3 to 4 hours. Incredibly annoying.

If you're still using your old phone on WiFi, update its profile. Had the same issue until I did that.

i disagree.

• Like 3

What are you guys using for a camera app? The big capture button at the bottom of the screen has ruined it for me.

The Google camera app. I don't know what the big deal is over a larger shutter button. Its extremely functional. The camera app is supposed to help you take great pictures and this does it.

The Google camera app. I don't know what the big deal is over a larger shutter button. Its extremely functional. The camera app is supposed to help you take great pictures and this does it.

It's a big ugly button. There was nothing wrong at all with the old button on the device. For a smooth device it sure ruined the feel of it for me.

It's a big ugly button. There was nothing wrong at all with the old button on the device. For a smooth device it sure ruined the feel of it for me.

I like it. Its easier to snap a shot when you're not looking. I've missed shots because of missing the shutter button before.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 3