Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I just pulled my N5 out of my pocket and it was doing an Android update that I did not instigate. Came out of nowhere and seemed to download and run itself automatically! Kind of pisses me off.

171 updates total. Just finished booting up. It says Build 49H. Was that the latest before or is this something new?

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif uploadfromtaptalk1392487781534.jpg

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Are you on ART? I've noticed mine will do that after installing some apps with deep permissions. Or when flashing new files.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Its been a few pages but the .15 radio smokes .17 by 5-8 dbm easily. Out in the middle of nowhere last on the lowest story of a three story house, in the middle of a valley surrounded by hills I was able to pull a 105-110 dbm signal on band 25. Previously I had to be by a window to pull a 118-125dbm signal. Sadly I have to stay on .17 while at home due to the towers broadcasting LTE near me aren't ecsfb ready to the best of my knowledge (will connect to unusable LTE or will show no signal but in the engineering screen it shows an LTE connection.

This was from inside a building on the .15 radio, a 12 mb increase over .17 radio in the same spot. I dont have the .17 test (I'm assuming it timed out on the upload and didn't save).

Edited by kojitsari

Kot49h is the most current version, sounds like it forced an update since it has been out awhile.

I hope the update for Spark happens before mine ships on the 7th. 32G black. I stopped by the closest Sprint corporate store and no sim but it was painless getting one shipped and it should beat the phone by a couple weeks.

Sent from my SPH-L900

I hope the update for Spark happens before mine ships on the 7th. 32G black. I stopped by the closest Sprint corporate store and no sim but it was painless getting one shipped and it should beat the phone by a couple weeks.

Sent from my SPH-L900

The question is will the spark update (which I assume we'll have a new baseband?) perform as well as .15 does?

I just ordered one off of amazon, it was $34 bucks for a 16g, should hold me over till the s5 comes out. (i will pass the n5 onto the wife who doesnt know it yet). I am really looking forward to trying this out, we have lte on 1900 and 1 800 tower so I am excited!

The question is will the spark update (which I assume we'll have a new baseband?) perform as well as .15 does?

we won't know until it's released. We can always roll back to .15

The e/CSFB issue will be sorted out in full eventually so we won't have that issue with not having service sometimes on .15 for now it's just a wait and see

So spark just got rolled out to my area, Baltimore. Thing is, when connected to a spark tower, it won't connect to lte. It tried and then goes back to 3g. It will connect to lte on a non spark tower so I don't think it's a ecsfb thing.... Not sure though. Anyone else have this problem?

Did the calls actually fail? Or did you just grow impatient and redial?

Oh, they definitely fail. As in wait, wait, wait... Two tone beep, then "call ended" message without ever having rung. Ever since forced switch to 3g calls out have been no problem. I'm thinking it may be local tower issues.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

are you using google voice?

Oh, they definitely fail. As in wait, wait, wait... Two tone beep, then "call ended" message without ever having rung. Ever since forced switch to 3g calls out have been no problem. I'm thinking it may be local tower issues.

are you using google voice?

Nope, no Google voice. (Not even installed) I saw that some folks had problems with that.

I'm really curious about this. Even just activating was a major issue, took multiple attempts at reprogramming the phone, even then it was sporadic performance. (With failed calls in and out) I may try to take it into a corporate store, but that's almost an hour drive.

So spark just got rolled out to my area, Baltimore. Thing is, when connected to a spark tower, it won't connect to lte. It tried and then goes back to 3g. It will connect to lte on a non spark tower so I don't think it's a ecsfb thing.... Not sure though. Anyone else have this problem?

The Nexus 5 still needs a software update for full capability on Sprint LTE bands 26 and 41, so until that comes out, connecting to live Spark sites will be hit-or-miss.

-Mike

• Like 2

The Nexus 5 still needs a software update for full capability on Sprint LTE bands 26 and 41, so until that comes out, connecting to live Spark sites will be hit-or-miss.

-Mike

Exactly. I even got to visit some b41 sites on a mini trip I took on friday, and nothing even if I tried ever single n5 trick

Exactly. I even got to visit some b41 sites on a mini trip I took on friday, and nothing even if I tried ever single n5 trick

Flash the .15 radio, you will be astonished. I have to say from the few B41 sights I have connected to, I am really glad to be in an old WiMax market with many separate Clearwire towers. Quite a few of them are in Sprint dead zones and augment the coverage PERFECTLY.

Flash the .15 radio, you will be astonished. I have to say from the few B41 sights I have connected to, I am really glad to be in an old WiMax market with many separate Clearwire towers. Quite a few of them are in Sprint dead zones and augment the coverage PERFECTLY.

So the .15 radio is better than the .17? Also what's the deal with people not being able to send and receive calls with .15

Sent from my Nexus 5

So the .15 radio is better than the .17? Also what's the deal with people not being able to send and receive calls with .15

Sent from my Nexus 5

Some people say it allows the N5 to be stronger in the RF department, but I still think .17 is better in that regard.

The real magic is that .15 connects to B41 effortlessly, albeit there are a few negative consequences like you have mentioned. I keep both radio radio files on my phone and flash back and forth as I see fit.

• Like 1

Some people say it allows the N5 to be stronger in the RF department, but I still think .17 is better in that regard.

The real magic is that .15 connects to B41 effortlessly, albeit there are a few negative consequences like you have mentioned. I keep both radio radio files on my phone and flash back and forth as I see fit.

Well since I'm on vacation this week I'm going to take .15 for a test drive and see how it works. 90% of the sites on the North side is 3G/4G accepted so I shouldn't have any probs. I want to see if I can get some b41 action.

Did you have to do anything special to connect to b41?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 5

Some people in an area with CSFB problems can't send or receive calls while connected to LTE in an area without CSFB. In Jacksonville, I don't think you'll run into that problem. 

• Like 1

I really hope sprint puts 1900/800 on some of clearwires separate sites. Around here it seems clearwire selected much better sites with better spacing.

Did you have to do anything special to connect to b41?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yes you need to enable the bands in the engineering screen, need to know your msl
Should be in the email sprint sent you when activating (they call it activation code, it's 6 digits)

Yes you need to enable the bands in the engineering screen, need to know your msl

Should be in the email sprint sent you when activating (they call it activation code, it's 6 digits)

Yes, I have the bands enabled just time to go b41 hunting now.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1