Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I'd settle for a 15-30mb connection with a ping below 100 with widespread coverage and getting to keep unlimited data. I could care less if it gets faster than that considering a 15mb connection meets the needs of most people for their home use, and unless you plan on abusing your data plan it should be able to handle anything we do on our mobile devices easily.

• Like 1

somebody send this to Legere!

haha I said that in the chat room haha. I think we should send him quite a few of these b41 test
  • Like 1

It's roughly 90Mbps for a 20MHz TDD LTE carrier in 3:2 in an ideal world with no time link switch lag. Since there is a lag in performance between switching from up to down link time slices, I think 70-75Mbps is the fastest we will ever see without more MIMO or CA. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see 80Mbps in ideal and perfect situations.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 7

It's roughly 90Mbps for a 20MHz TDD LTE carrier in 3:2 in an ideal world with no time link switch lag. Since there is a lag in performance between switching from up to down link time slicees, I think 70-75Mbps is the fastest we will ever see without more MIMO.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

so with sprint saying 50-60mbps are there under promising and over delivering?

clearwire went cheap on the backhaul with wimax so it has to be upgraded

Edit: Jeremy keeps beating me by two seconds!

I'm on it tonight :lol:
  • Like 1

if I had some band 41 where I am this wouldn't be a problem lol

I am waiting on NSN firing up some b41 here too. I can't wait to test it out.

Samsung is doing a pretty good job in this area

yeah Samsung has been doing a great job so far. Ecsfb kinda messed with them, main issue I've heard of from them. I'm glad NSN is doing TDD here, hear they should be like samsung .

I've had a hunch that .15 had spark enabled for testing but got disabled in the .17/.23 updates for whatever reason. Thanks! If some more people could flash the .15 baseband to Double check.

Edit: if possible try for screenshots too!

So is the consensus ...?

.15 like .17 but with band 41 and 26 but doesn't detect lack of ecsfb...meaning trouble with calls

.17 holds fringe LTE on 25 but no 26/41

.23 best for calls

• Like 1

So is the consensus ...?

.15 like .17 but with band 41 and 26 but doesn't detect lack of ecsfb...meaning trouble with calls

.17 holds fringe LTE on 25 but no 26/41

.23 best for calls

well I have not yet to have a definite conclusion. The plus of .15 is you don't have to do the prl trick to connect to b41, it seems to like b41, and it does connect to ecsfb lacking sites when they shouldn't. But it is great for LTE hunting. I just am curious to see someone trying to call while on b41 to see if it goes to the closest 1x site, or if it has issues.

Also if you need to have phone calls or text come in, stay with .17 or .23

• Like 1

well I have not yet to have a definite conclusion. The plus of .15 is you don't have to do the prl trick to connect to b41, it seems to like b41, and it does connect to ecsfb lacking sites when they shouldn't. But it is great for LTE hunting. I just am curious to see someone trying to call while on b41 to see if it goes to the closest 1x site, or if it has issues.

I called while connected to b41 and it sent the call to the closest 1x site. This was from a non co located site too

A quick way to tell if you're connected to a site with ecsfb issues and your phone shows lte is to pull down the notification bar and at the bottom it'll say Sprint if there is no issue or it'll say searching for service if the ecsfb issue is present.

• Like 5

so with sprint saying 50-60mbps are there under promising and over delivering?

Not really.  I've only seen two real world speed tests above 70Mbps so far.  A 5x5 FDD LTE carrier maxes at 37.5Mbps.  However Sprint advertised peak speeds of 25Mbps.  So this is to be expected.

Robert

• Like 1

I called while connected to b41 and it sent the call to the closest 1x site. This was from a non co located site too

ok thanks for the info. I am going to continue to see performance for others, In other markets. I hope to see a n5 connect to b26 soon.

was this on an ecsfb site?  So if you're on .15 connected to band 41 on a non-ecsfb upgraded site you can't receive calls but you can still call out?  Did i sum that up right?

• Like 1

was this on an ecsfb site? So if you're on .15 connected to band 41 on a non-ecsfb upgraded site you can't receive calls but you can still call out? Did i sum that up right?

no this site didn't have an ecsfb issue. I was just showing calls can be routed from b41 sites back to 1x.

The problem I was explaining earlier is on the .15 radio, if a site is having an ecsfb issue it won't kick you off the site like it should and you won't know unless you check.

Also the site was colocated with Phase 1 B41 that should have been completed in September but i couldnt get it to connect o b41. I was hoping i could get data on b41 and it would have ecsfb.

CSFB needs 1x to cooperate as well. Switching to Band 41 in the same location may not have changed anything.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

CSFB needs 1x to cooperate as well. Switching to Band 41 in the same location may not have changed anything.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Then how does a B41 site know what to do with phone calls?

Then how does a B41 site know what to do with phone calls?

The band 41 site does not need to know anything about routing voice calls.  That is the job of e/CSFB through the MSC (i.e. "switch") and DDC (i.e. "4G core").

AJ

• Like 1