Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Flash the .15 radio, you will be astonished. I have to say from the few B41 sights I have connected to, I am really glad to be in an old WiMax market with many separate Clearwire towers. Quite a few of them are in Sprint dead zones and augment the coverage PERFECTLY.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I tried .15. I've been on it for some time now. I tried several band priorities. But it didn't seem to want to connect to the b41 sites in Dallas. They could of been in donut mode or not broadcasting. I did notice Dallas has 1x800 even in areas not accepted yet. But needed the sponsor prl to get on it. I might go back in a few weeks and Check some more areas. And if the spark update comes out by then I can do some side by side comparisons

Where can I download .15?Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2514095

It was posted like 10 or less pages back I believe

How does the .15 radio work out around St Louis /St Charles? Can you get any B41 with it here? There is a problematic tower that caused some LTE issues on 94 near the Weldon Spring 's Gold's Gym that's really close to work.  I'm not sure if I want to roll the radio back when I get the phone assuming the Spark update still isn't out by then.  

I didnt notice anything better about .15 over .17 but then again i dont have any band 41 sites.  Problem with .15 for me was that data would just drop out completely causing the radio to reset or reconnect in the middle of doing something.  I would look at the 3G icon and it would disappear and come back after 2-3 seconds.  possibly .17 was a release that addressed this among other things.  Im not sure but i had to go back to .17 for now.

Wait, what's going on? I tried to follow the quote trail and I'm confused.

I'm not sure but my trip I took got me plenty of b25. Just no b41

Wait, what's going on? I tried to follow the quote trail and I'm confused. 

So here is the situation. Sprint launched spark in Baltimore and now I can't connect to b25 in any spark area but i can connect to b25 outside of the area. I know that the update hasn't been released yet but that shouldn't effect connection to b25 and since i was able to connect to b25 before on the same tower near my house, it isn't an ecsfb issue.

So here is the situation. Sprint launched spark in Baltimore and now I can't connect to b25 in any spark area but i can connect to b25 outside of the area. I know that the update hasn't been released yet but that shouldn't effect connection to b25 and since i was able to connect to b25 before on the same tower near my house, it isn't an ecsfb issue.

That is strange. This is the first I have heard of something like this happening. Have you changed any of your LTE settings?

I have but I have since changed them back. It is set to Global and band 26 and 41 are disabled.

What makes it more strange was that all those Clear sites were online and broadcasting before the official Spark announcement, so something else must have changed for your phone to start doing that.

What makes it more strange was that all those Clear sites were online and broadcasting before the official Spark announcement, so something else must have changed for your phone to start doing that.

Yeah....which is weird cuz it only started right when they announced it.....

If none of the standard updates (PRL, Profile, restarts, resets) etc. are fixing it. You may want to get that checked out. No one else has reported anything like that.

Yeah i tried chat......they didn't help really. Gonna call "advanced tech support" as they call it.

I'm loving this .15 modem. Not only does it connect to b41 with no problem it holds LTE signal all the way up to -130. I don't know how stable it is at that signal strength though. Props to all the people that tested this out for us to use.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

How does the .15 radio work out around St Louis /St Charles? Can you get any B41 with it here? There is a problematic tower that caused some LTE issues on 94 near the Weldon Spring 's Gold's Gym that's really close to work. I'm not sure if I want to roll the radio back when I get the phone assuming the Spark update still isn't out by then.

I'm in that same area, .15 filled some gaps, but the hand over back to 1x made me go back to .17 I only see a 1-3 db difference in signal but there are a few b41 sites to connect to.

I'm in that same area, .15 filled some gaps, but the hand over back to 1x made me go back to .17 I only see a 1-3 db difference in signal but there are a few b41 sites to connect to.

Hmm out in the boonies where I am it gave me a 9dbm improvement on average(and it seems to hold on to LTE better inside buildings, including tin cans like Walmart).

Newb question. Do you have to be rooted to load the .15 radio?

You do to load it the way I did(through twrp), I'm not sure about doing it through fastboot commands. If you read the xda thread linked a few times in the past few pages the OP should inform you. Side bar spigen hybrid ultra cases in black are on sale for 9.99 on amazon right now, including a screen protector for free! Other colors cost 11.99, including the new red one for of you wishing you'd waited for the red nexus 5.

• Like 1