Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Is there a way to use a tmobile SIM card while still having the phone active on Sprint?

Obviously not using both networks at the same time, either on Sprint, or T-mobile.

Yep. Shut off. Swap SIM, make sure the APN is good and that's it.

• Like 1

This is absolutely awesome!

12446435845_68de9b357b_d.jpg12446435875_8780283e7b_d.jpg12446574483_d956450dc1_d.jpg12446926634_03dd91f356_d.jpg

12446574533_ed74614964_d.jpg12446575603_47d6bc0215_d.jpg

OK guys be careful with this radio. It doesn't seem to disconnect from sites that aren't ecsfb ready. You could have LTE but unable to fall back for a call

I will test this out tonight in Ericsson land at a problem site that has been without e/CSFB for like 6 months.

But this absolutely sucks!

12446574593_465ab874cc_d.jpg

• Like 5

This is absolutely awesome!

But this absolutely sucks!

was the mobile network not found when you were connected to b25 or b41?

someone else said they were connecting to sites with ecsfb issues. But let me know if it connects to the b41 automatically or after an airplane toggle.

Okay so as I'm still outside and my hands are freezing the point 15 baseband will not automatically connect when you have a strong bad 25 signal as I did but it didn't, Edit; to say it did connect after I toggle airplane mode and it has stayed connected....

Edited by transitwatch889

were you connected to band 25 or 41 when you tried calling out?

25 on the problem site. I have an open ticket on the site so hopefully they will fix it soon. But I am going to flash back to .17

Also the site was colocated with Phase 1 B41 that should have been completed in September but i couldnt get it to connect o b41. I was hoping i could get data on b41 and it would have ecsfb.

25 on the problem site. I have an open ticket on the site so hopefully they will fix it soon. But I am going to flash back to .17

Thanks for testing .15 out. It seems to like b41. Any other bad side effects you see?

Also the site was colocated with Phase 1 B41 that should have been completed in September but i couldnt get it to connect o b41. I was hoping i could get data on b41 and it would have ecsfb.

I've noticed a couple band 41 sites in donut mode in DC today so that could an issue for you but idk

Thanks for testing .15 out. It seems to like b41. Any other bad side effects you see?

It seems to be similar to the G2 before the Spark update came out. There is something up with the thresholds. I couldnt connect to colocated sites at all. If I was too close to B25, It wouldnt pick up b41 even if b41 would have been a stronger signal. But when I got on b41 it wanted to stay until it couldn't. 

• Like 1

Ok back inside and it is warm... .15 radio performance is awesome... Couldn't prl update on it... Had to toggle airplane mode for it to connect to band 41 site... I apparently cannot upload a screenshot because I'm not permitted so I'll try to send the Dropbox link to post

Link added...https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f46r2u96d3l5jbu/x33aTQnu0O

• Like 1

It seems to be similar to the G2 before the Spark update came out. There is something up with the thresholds. I couldnt connect to colocated sites at all. If I was too close to B25, It wouldnt pick up b41 even if b41 would have been a stronger signal. But when I got on b41 it wanted to stay until it couldn't.

What were the Band Priorities?

I forgot to mention mine actually handed off from a band 25 to a 41 site. I was in the area of a band 41 site and was about to do an airplane mode cycle then band 41 popped up.

was this handoff from a colocated site or was b25 signal lower than the B41?

I forgot to mention mine actually handed off from a band 25 to a 41 site. I was in the area of a band 41 site and was about to do an airplane mode cycle then band 41 popped up.

My area has tower work being done so it doesn't handoff or connect when it gets to the triangle I am .... It literally is like the Bermuda triangle where LTE goes to die...

This just really goes to show how software can have such an influence on the performance of the radio in a phone.. And how BUTT the ONEmax is when it comes to radio performance :'(

band 25 site was a lower signal and it switched to a standalone band 41 site

did you change band priority? If not what were they defaulted too?

What were the Band Priorities?

I honestly don't know how my settings got switched back as i put it in 26 and 25 on 0 but it reset when i rebooted i guess.

12447411884_d5aa6b0193_d.jpg12446919455_dd6feccb03_d.jpg

This is how mine happened too. I couldnt get to the site because of plowed snow mound so i drove up the road and parked. Couldnt get it there. Tried multiple priorities and prl/profile updates and kept getting b25. Set my settings back to b41-1, 25 & 26-0 and rebooted. Gave up and got back on the highway. As I got on the on-ramp it switched to b41. I didn't have a chance to try calling out while on b41. Only thing i regret not trying.

• Like 1

So the phone in areas with efcsb issues, will act like you are on LTE only mode! it will fall back when connected to towers that don't have fallback issues... I could test that going from one side of my apartment to the other on .15 baseband...

• Like 2

What is the theoretical max of a 20 MHz TDD carrier?

That depends on the downlink:uplink ratio chosen.

AJ