Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I can't connect to band 41 for the life of me. I'm on .15 radio and next to an accepted clear lte tower with band 41 enabled. Priority is set to 0-0-1 with band 41 on 1. Chicago market. Thoughts?

I was near an accepted b41 site on Friday. Nothing but b25. Priority iirc just means it scans for than first, then the network decides if it allows you on b41,b25, or b26(if available). It is most likely the network not allowing you to connect for whatever reason.

Sure hope it's not like the 1x and voice 800 fix for the Note 2 that never happened.

Sent from my SPH-L900

It will come put. Just need patience. I don't think sprint could be advertising it as a sprint spark capable device online, with a future update, they would have way too many complaints, pissy people, and the such. The note 2 never had an open update announce on the website device page. That the normal person could see without some searching.
  • Like 2

I wonder when we'll get our update. I think the g2 people already got theirs.

Q1 of 2014 I believe

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I guessed last Monday. I was wrong. So I will now guess next Monday.

Keep guessing. We know it'll happen, we just hope it's soon.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I guessed last Monday. I was wrong. So I will now guess next Monday.

hey if it comes out on the 24th Google would be giving me a nice birthday gift

Hopefully I won't have to many more changes to guess!

Just set your guess that it will come by March 31st, and you won't be wrong. Of course, that's banking on it will show up by the end of March.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Google's inventory would have nothing to do with a software release.

They could have stopped production and waited until they have the new update loaded on the new shipments, highly doubtful but plausible

They could have stopped production and waited until they have the new update loaded on the new shipments, highly doubtful but plausible

I think you gn5 users are just reaching for anything plausible. :) I don't blame you. This spark update is taking way too long.

I think you gn5 users are just reaching for anything plausible. :) I don't blame you. This spark update is taking way too long.

im not caring right now anyways. My area doesn't have b26/b41. I would prefer it though by q2

im not caring right now anyways. My area doesn't have b26/b41. I would prefer it though by q2

I may be moving to Kansas city MO, so Itd be nice to have by then. Well granted I'd be getting Google fiber to my house if I move so I wouldn't really need it at home...

Edit: it double posted while I was on 1x, then the second one disappeared when I went back to 3g...no more tapatalking while on 1x for me.

Edited by kojitsari

I may be moving to Kansas city MO, so Itd be nice to have by then. Well granted I'd be getting Google fiber to my house if I move so I wouldn't really need it at home... Edit: it double posted while I was on 1x, then the second one disappeared when I went back to 3g...no more tapatalking while on 1x for me. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Moderator got to the second one ;)

• Like 1

I may be moving to Kansas city MO, so Itd be nice to have by then. Well granted I'd be getting Google fiber to my house if I move so I wouldn't really need it at home...

Edit: it double posted while I was on 1x, then the second one disappeared when I went back to 3g...no more tapatalking while on 1x for me.

I wish I could get some Google fiber in east Texas. Wish I could have an option of internet besides NY one cable co. But it should be released by the end of march

Moderator got to the second one ;)

Here I was thinking it was just me going senile before 25 :P. Man this forum has all the good things; nice people who know humor and use it, quality info, moderators on top of everything, and I've yet to get hit up to by some random useless thing ^_^

• Like 3

I wish I could get some Google fiber in east Texas. Wish I could have an option of internet besides NY one cable co. But it should be released by the end of march

Hey at least you can get cable. I currently can't get internet except via an air card/hotspot through att(other providers won't sell them to me due to my house being right at the edge for "excellent service). The crappiest part is how close a major interstate is to me, and that people 35 minuted further into the boonies can at least get U verse.

Hey at least you can get cable. I currently can't get internet except via an air card/hotspot through att(other providers won't sell them to me due to my house being right at the edge for "excellent service). The crappiest part is how close a major interstate is to me, and that people 35 minuted further into the boonies can at least get U verse.

Yeah all we had dial up which ran 21.6 Kbps if we were lucky until 2011. Our neighbor had cable but we couldnt get it. ATT finally got dsl, but everyone swiped in and took all of the open slots they could handle. But our cable is about as consistent as dialup. Major fluctuations, pings jump up into the mid 300's+, as well as packets lost part of the time. Still better than satellite  for sure

Yeah all we had dial up which ran 21.6 Kbps if we were lucky until 2011. Our neighbor had cable but we couldnt get it. ATT finally got dsl, but everyone swiped in and took all of the open slots they could handle. But our cable is about as consistent as dialup. Major fluctuations, pings jump up into the mid 300's+, as well as packets lost part of the time. Still better than satellite for sure

Our air card isn't that bad(other than the excessive cost, $65 for 5gb a month and it used to be 3g until I bought a LTE one online and got online chat to get a me a new sim without renewing our contract), about 5-15 down and below a 120ping constantly with the exception of being in a major storm. All on a 1 bar connection(its definitely fringe lol).

Our air card isn't that bad(other than the excessive cost, $65 for 5gb a month and it used to be 3g until I bought a LTE one online and got online chat to get a me a new sim without renewing our contract), about 5-15 down and below a 120ping constantly with the exception of being in a major storm. All on a 1 bar connection(its definitely fringe lol).

That is pretty good, my connection is a 12/1 more realistic performance ranges from 1-9 mbps. upload almost always stays at 1Mbps. A better company bought out my current one, so soon I hope to get more consistent speeds

I can't connect to band 41 for the life of me. I'm on .15 radio and next to an accepted clear lte tower with band 41 enabled. Priority is set to 0-0-1 with band 41 on 1. Chicago market. Thoughts?

I was in Chicago this weekend with the same results, tried many times to get on 41... nothing.  I was hoping we would have gotten an update before I went.

Because it doesn't "need" it. If there is a reason, it's because the Nexus 5 is such a strong RF performer, and happens to find more usable 1900 MHz signals than the Note 3 has so far.

I feel like a lot of people are starting to believe that being connected to 800 is "better" than being connected to 1900, and I do not feel that is correct. The general benefit of 800 is better signal penetration. If you are already connected to a usable 1900 signal, there is no need to switch to 800. It's not any faster. You're not missing anything.

-Mike

I wouldn't mind a little more (or some/any) penetration in my house.   {insert witty pun here}

• Like 2