All Sprint acquisition discussion (was "Japan's Softbank in talks for $12.8 bln Sprint stake")

kckid

We can ponder for a while how much Char Char can pull strings with the FCC. He is strong with the dark side. I sense much anger in him.

<Obi Wan voice> These aren't the cell sites you are looking for... Move along...

• Like 4

I don't think there will be a problem with the FCC. I still think that Sprint can and should sell capacity on their 2.5GHz network to Dish. I don't know that Sprint's cable partners will go for that, though. I'm sure that there are backroom deals that will keep that from happening.

I don't think there will be a problem with the FCC. I still think that Sprint can and should sell capacity on their 2.5GHz network to Dish. I don't know that Sprint's cable partners will go for that, though. I'm sure that there are backroom deals that will keep that from happening.

I also think that Charlie has made enemies of Dan and Masayoshi. Unless they already struck some super secret deal, then I don't expect the New Sprint and Dish to be working together anytime soon.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 7

I also think that Charlie has made enemies of Dan and Masayoshi. Unless they already struck some super secret deal, then I don't expect the New Sprint and Dish to be working together anytime soon.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Everybody lost something in this Softbank, Sprint, Dish struggle.  Softbank paid more to complete the deal than they wanted.

It cost more to get control of Clearwire too.  But Charlie is the big loser.  He needed a lot of bandwidth and a partner of some type. 

Sprint had and still does have the bandwidth along with people that can set it all up for Charlie.  But Charlie threw so much poison around that nobody wants to touch him.    It would be hard to imagine any T-Mobile people wanting to snuggle with him. Also, T-Mobile is not as well positioned to set up a network for Charlie.

Softbank/Sprint is still his best option but I see no way for him to be friends with anybody at Softbank/Sprint.

The one and only way to deal with Charlie is to require full payment up front for any work done for Charlie.  He has to pay for all unique equipment up front because his risk of failure and default is so high.  Sprint needs to add a very high financial premium for the risk and aggravation sure to follow.  Sprint needs to protect itself to the extreme if they even think of dealing with Charlie. 

And YES, I said about the same thing above in about three different ways. That was intentional.  The warnings are appropriate and need to be followed with no exceptions. This is not a time to kiss and make-up with Charlie without having a big bodyguard with a big club.

• Like 5

Dish has been real quiet... what are they working on.... hmmm...

I agree, they are unusually quiet. Ita either a symptom of them accepting defeat from softbank and sprint, or charlie is brewing a big ole bag of stank and hoping to scare everyone when it drops

Sent from my Note II. Its so big.

• Like 5

Dish has been real quiet... what are they working on.... hmmm...

They are probably making a big ass deal with someone or something is going on. It must be big if they are being this quite and nothing is being leaked. Or they just gave up, lol which I doubt.

Well OK....Im A happy camper than. Hopefully we will get our FCC approval tomorrow...be nice if clearwire moved up their vote as well...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Well OK....Im A happy camper than. Hopefully we will get our FCC approval tomorrow...be nice if clearwire moved up their vote as well...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The vote might stay where it's at just because of the 4th of July holiday week next week.  In fact, it might delay the FCC vote too.  Speculation of course.

Guest sectime

interesting Clear has recently pulled their retail Kiosks from a couple of malls in Salt Lake City. Don't know if this is related or not.

Edited by sectime

interesting Clear has recently pulled their retail Kiosks from a couple of malls in Salt Lake City. Don't know if this is related or not.

Good.  NO need to waste money on selling Clearwire services via retail.  Those guys are just eating up unnecessary cash instead of putting it into building the network.

I would not get too excited. If you could not see this coming, then you should not cross the street by yourself.

AJ

• Like 8