All Sprint acquisition discussion (was "Japan's Softbank in talks for $12.8 bln Sprint stake")

kckid

Here's my wishlist for Sprint going forward:

4. Bid on 600MHz spectrum and get a sizeable chunk (20x20)

I would not hold out hope for that wish to come true.  Many markets will be lucky to free up 40 MHz for their total 600 MHz band plan.

AJ

So can I loosen my spincther now?

Now, you are scaring our many spelling challenged members.  They see *loose* and think you might *lose* your sphincter.

AJ

• Like 4

So can I loosen my spincther now?

Now, you are scaring our many spelling challenged members. They see *loose* and think you might *lose* your sphincter.

AJ

To calm the nerves of our many wonderful members, I was luckily able to relax knowing that Sprint will be under Softbanks wing. So I'm superly duperly OK!! :P

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Wrong link http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/25/sprint-softbank-merger-approved/

" Softbank already owns a 70 percent stake in Sprint, which it purchased earlier this year for approximately $20.1 billion."

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Just a case of poor reporting. They probably got confused with all the back and forth with Dish on who owns what.

Wrong link http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/25/sprint-softbank-merger-approved/

" Softbank already owns a 70 percent stake in Sprint, which it purchased earlier this year for approximately $20.1 billion."

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

You are right.  This is why Engadget is not worth my time anymore.

• Like 1

Speaking of sphincters... I hope the FCC loosens their sphincter(s) real soon over the deal.

The FCC is not being a *tight ass* regarding SoftBank-Sprint. Xenophobic politicians and Dish are/were the ones *constipating* the deal.

Research. Go read the FCC docket:

http://transition.fcc.gov/transaction/softbank-sprint.html

AJ

• Like 4

Very happy for Sprint today.  Best news we've gotten in more than 6 months. 

To be a fly on the wall wherever Ergen is crouching right now...  

I made this a while back and just kept it to myself, but I cannot resist now that the door is closed on the clown.

2523l.jpg

• Like 10

98% of the shareholders want the merger. It's going to happen lol. Can't wait.

I thought it was 80% overall and 98% of those that participated in the vote

Sent from CM10.1 Galaxy Note 2 using tapatalk 4 beta

hmm maybe, I just read something on androidcentral. brb

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-shareholders-give-final-blessing-approve-softbank-merger

98% want it, 80% represents the stock.

98% of the shareholders want the merger. It's going to happen lol. Can't wait.

Basically the whole voting block is represented by 80% public shareholders such as myself. Out of that group, 98% voted for the transaction.

Sent from my Sprint iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1