Sprint 5G GoLive

Cool.  If I am reading correctly: Houston, Los Angeles, New York City, Phoenix and Washington DC will start getting 5G shortly after the next month in June?

• Like 1

As interesting as this is and even though I live in Atlanta, I can't say that I really care. 4G still has room to grow and is a pretty awesome technology. I couldn't care less about 5G in my city anytime soon. I'll wait til it matures I suppose as early adopting usually (always?) backfires, sometimes tremendously. 

That said, good for Sprint. They could use some positive street cred. 

8 hours ago, JonnygATL said:

As interesting as this is and even though I live in Atlanta, I can't say that I really care. 4G still has room to grow and is a pretty awesome technology. I couldn't care less about 5G in my city anytime soon. I'll wait til it matures I suppose as early adopting usually (always?) backfires, sometimes tremendously. 

That said, good for Sprint. They could use some positive street cred. 

Yeah, I hope they spend their money tri-banding all their sites and thickening their coverage so they can deploy VOLTE.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 3 months later...
17 minutes ago, mattp said:

it is i only have like 500 mb give or take some month i get 1gig   so i never see 5g speed  in action  since the cost i am seen are like 80$  when i pay only 5 $ 

When the value factor is an order of magnitude than you make a fantastic point. 80 bucks is over a year of 5 buck bills. You will still get 5g eventually, and as that or before it happens you should be able to count on better coverage. Consistent speed is only as consistent as the network can reach from cell to cell with wide channels. Coverage is terrible without capacity, believe me. 

Flip that coin and 5 dollars seems to be an entry level price point for service. I would love to see more available bucket in terms of coverage, speed and consumption for 5 dollars, and unlimited to cost less. Depends on how efficient 5g is and what price level the market can bear I suppose fren.

14 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

When the value factor is an order of magnitude than you make a fantastic point. 80 bucks is over a year of 5 buck bills. You will still get 5g eventually, and as that or before it happens you should be able to count on better coverage. Consistent speed is only as consistent as the network can reach from cell to cell with wide channels. Coverage is terrible without capacity, believe me. 

Flip that coin and 5 dollars seems to be an entry level price point for service. I would love to see more available bucket in terms of coverage, speed and consumption for 5 dollars, and unlimited to cost less. Depends on how efficient 5g is and what price level the market can bear I suppose fren.

ia am using one of sprint mno  tello 

So, what exactly is 5G New Radio. I saw a YouTube video that Nokia demonstrated  3CA + 64T64R. Is that what's in the NR? Seems like just one step up from current 3CA + 8T8R