All Sprint acquisition discussion (was "Japan's Softbank in talks for $12.8 bln Sprint stake")

kckid

Lets see

5 billion cash infusion or -9 billion cash infusion.

Dish has no room to talk. Also I believe the FCC and DOJ are secretly rooting for Softbank. They have made it clear that the wireless market needs a strong 3 possibly 4 to compete against the duopoly.

I am surprised that the FCC has taken so long.

Something like that. They had extensive talks, they have Mike Mullen heading up "something" in the talks, including making sure SoftBank complies with the same thing that certain agencies showed up and told Hesse a few years back -- no Huawei or other Chinese equipment, etc. Maybe the F*T*C cares about market competition on occasion, but that is certainly not what the FCC, DOJ, DHS, etc are concerning themselves with.

I have a feeling that Dish will wait until the very last minute on June 18th to thwart and make a tender offer for Sprint.  This Sprint/Softbank deal needs to close now so that Sprint and Softbank can focus on how to get Clearwire as well.   Dish just needs to go away.

I have a feeling that Dish will wait until the very last minute on June 18th to thwart and make a tender offer for Sprint. This Sprint/Softbank deal needs to close now so that Sprint and Softbank can focus on how to get Clearwire as well. Dish just needs to go away.

They can't make a tender offer for more than 17% of the company. Softbank/Sprint amended that into the new merger agreement under the sprint shareholder rights.

Softbank was not dumb enough to leave that opening. They made sure dish would have to fight on level ground. Sprint has to make a fully financed offer with commitment fees paid to be considered by June 18th.

Honestly I just wish Sprint, Dish, Clearwire, and SoftBank can just merge to one company that is controlled by son/Hesse lol. No but seriously I wish they all can somehow work together

So, you favor Hesse-Son?  You do know the Hesse-Sons fought for the British during the American Revolution.  What are you, a Tory?

;)

AJ

• Like 2

So, you favor Hesse-Son?  You do know the Hesse-Sons fought for the British during the American Revolution.  What are you, a Tory?

;)

AJ

Heavy history reference there...   If anything, I'd call Ergen one... .in the worst way

Of course Dish complains again to the FCC.

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/06/13/4290784/dish-complains-to-federal-regulators.html

Dish, in its letter, said the $8 billion was key to SoftBank’s argument that its deal is in the public’s interest, for example by improving wireless service from Sprint.

“SoftBank has now gone back on its promise,” the letter said.

SoftBank fired back with its own letter to the FCC that said Dish is “simply wrong.”

I have no idea why Dish complains.  Make a tender offer for Sprint or shut the hell up.  All this whining to the FCC is really annoying.  I still don't know what Dish's endgame is.  They are trying to juggle the Sprint and Clearwire deals and playing A-hole in both deals.

• Like 1

Heavy history reference there...   If anything, I'd call Ergen one... .in the worst way

If Ergen is a "Tory," I would recommend this one...

torispelling300b.jpg

Yeah, Charlie is kind of a 90210, blonde wireless bimbo.

AJ

• Like 7

I have no idea why Dish complains. Make a tender offer for Sprint or shut the hell up. All this whining to the FCC is really annoying. I still don't know what Dish's endgame is. They are trying to juggle the Sprint and Clearwire deals and playing A-hole in both deals.

Maybe he wants clearwire to go bankrupt so he can get the assets on the cheap. Also if he cant have sprint he wants to damage his competition once he gets tmobile.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry for the typos was hurrying. Is everything still on for softbank's buyout vote next week?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Honestly I just wish Sprint, Dish, Clearwire, and SoftBank can just merge to one company that is controlled by son/Hesse lol. No but seriously I wish they all can somehow work together

That would be pretty damn outstanding. The spectrum we want, and two fantastic leaders. Son-san is pretty famous in japanland for being just an awesome human being. People love the guy. And Hesse's actions, while maybe not as dynamic as Son-san's, are certainly at least very commendable, in his ability to keep things grounded and rolling toward NV, while everything is on the edge of falling apart, which would have happened with a lesser CEO.

You really want a partnership with Clearwire/Ergen after

1. Existing Clearwire mess where Sprint can't get spectrum deployed where their customers need it?

2. Ergen has shown how much of a control freak he is?

At the very least, I want the Clearwire name gone and Sprint to get their BRS spectrum back for themselves.  Anything less is a major disappointment to me.

• Like 1

You're right. That would be awesome for us to get that spectrum back. I'm just annoyed with all this arguing back and worth and endless bid wars. Dish has spectrum so it might be in softbank's best interest to work with dish maybe after everything is done

You're right. That would be awesome for us to get that spectrum back. I'm just annoyed with all this arguing back and worth and endless bid wars. Dish has spectrum so it might be in softbank's best interest to work with dish maybe after everything is done

While Dish does have spectrum, I do not believe it has very much value to Softbank-Sprint.  

It would mean sprint supporting a new band, which would be special to only them. It likely has worse propagation characteristics than Sprint's PCS spectrum, and Clearwire's BRS should provide enough capacity for Sprint for a long time. Also their is still the spectrum screen, Sprint with Dish's spectrum would be close if not over the screen, which would likely mean divestment or they could be banned from participating in the 600Mhz auction. 

If Charlie hadn't been such an ass about the entire process, I could see a SoftBank/Dish/Sprint tieup being beneficial. Unfortunately, Charlie not being one to engage in a process in good faith meant that this opportunity has sailed.

It should say something that neither DT nor AT&T isn't thrilled to engage with him either.

• Like 1

I'm very curious as to the status of the FCC's approval.  Sprint and Softbank originally believed they would have it by now.  With an interim FCC Chairman, I worry that Ergen's belly aching is receiving more of an encore than it would be given by a seasoned chairman. 

• Like 1