HTC One preview thread (was "Any M7 takers?")

Feech

My bad, I didn't mean to get you mad. I do think HTC devices are pretty much nice(I know, my girlfriend had one). I just like Samsung devices because of the removable battery and the performance.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

No worries, I'm not mad at all.

I still have 3 broken Touch Diamonds which failed for various hardware reasons

My Juno went dead for no reason one day but other than Juno all of my other HTC devices had stout hardware My glacier had one of the bad emmc's in it but I broke the phone before the issue could manifest itself.

That's true.

Something else that's interesting, it shows the Sprint model will support 700MHz/AWS. I dunno what their source is. http://www.androidce...dio-frequencies

But all of these questions will be answered once it passes thru the FCC. I'm sure Sprint has already started testing their model... right?

You are right. FCC final approval will dictate operational frequencies... The HTC One as we know it today is in "prototype stage"... HTC is even still tweaking software on the phone optimizing camera performance, etc.... So nothing is final yet.

• Like 7

For the curious, it appears that AT&T's version supports 4 bands

Band 2 - PCS (no G-Block)

Band 4 - AWS

Band 5 - Cellular

Band 17 - Proprietary 700 band

With band 2 and 5 it looks like AT&T may be getting serious about a refarm for LTE.

With band 2 and 5 it looks like AT&T may be getting serious about a refarm for LTE.

Difficult to say, but this is not exactly a new development. For about the past six months, most/all new AT&T handsets have included those four LTE bands.

AJ

Difficult to say, but this is not exactly a new development. For about the past six months, most/all new AT&T handsets have included those four LTE bands.

AJ

Which begs the question as to why sprints version is missing the 800/2.5 bands... They have included bands/features that wouldn't be available for 2yr before, like the 800mhz in the 3d... So wondering what the reason is for this development of missing bands... Especially knowing Clearwire is supposed to hand a couple thousand lte sites up by mid yr and testing lte 800 will be later this yr...

I used to expect to see 800 lte included before the 2.5 as I would assume sprint doesn't plan on the network needing offloading to 2.5 for at least a little bit and before the acquisition of clearwire it would be paying for something they didn't necc need at the time... But still lost on the lack of no 800.... Less they have some big kinks they need to work out and are unsure how to handle them right now. .

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Which begs the question as to why sprints version is missing the 800/2.5 bands... They have included bands/features that wouldn't be available for 2yr before, like the 800mhz in the 3d... So wondering what the reason is for this development of missing bands... Especially knowing Clearwire is supposed to hand a couple thousand lte sites up by mid yr and testing lte 800 will be later this yr...

I used to expect to see 800 lte included before the 2.5 as I would assume sprint doesn't plan on the network needing offloading to 2.5 for at least a little bit and before the acquisition of clearwire it would be paying for something they didn't necc need at the time... But still lost on the lack of no 800.... Less they have some big kinks they need to work out and are unsure how to handle them right now. .

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I am very shocked that sprint will allow one of their flagship phones this year to only have the 1900 mhz LTE band support given that 800 and 2500 mhz LTE will be live this year. You would think that sprint would want to start setting up their LTE phones to allow them the capability to start shifting resources around to take advantage of the 800 and the 2500 mhz capacity that sprint paid clearwire to begin using in mid year 2013 to ensure a good 4g access LTE experience that they botched with wimax so that the carriers are not overloaded so quickly. Had the 'G' block been a 10x10 carrier instead of a 5x5 carrier, i wouldnt be as worried as much for the next 2 years but a single 5x5 carrier is not enough to sustain for another 2 years as more and more folks pile onto LTE. I just hope the remaining flagship phones (sgs4, gn3, optimus g 2, moto x, etc) dont fall victim to this mistake.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Had the 'G' block been a 10x10 carrier instead of a 5x5 carrier, i wouldnt be as worried as much for the next 2 years but a single 5x5 carrier is not enough to sustain for another 2 years as more and more folks pile onto LTE. I just hope the remaining flagship phones (sgs4, gn3, optimus g 2, moto x, etc) dont fall victim to this mistake.

I think it a bit strong to call this a "mistake." We really do not know the reasoning behind this decision and whether it lie with Sprint, HTC, or both. Only time will tell -- if we ever know.

But to temper the emotions on both sides a little bit, I am beginning to believe more and more that it will still be a while before we see any significant LTE 800 or TD-LTE 2600. Many who tend to upgrade on a yearly basis will already be on to their third generation of LTE handsets by then, anyway.

AJ

• Like 2

I think it a bit strong to call this a "mistake." We really do not know the reasoning behind this decision and whether it lie with Sprint, HTC, or both. Only time will tell -- if we ever know.

But to temper the emotions on both sides a little bit, I am beginning to believe more and more that it will still be a while before we see any significant LTE 800 or TD-LTE 2600. Many who tend to upgrade on a yearly basis will already be on to their third generation of LTE handsets by then, anyway.

AJ

Exactly.

left_headline.png

Sprint plans to offer the HTC One as the newest amazing addition to the HTC family. With its live home screen, superior camera, sleek design and heart-pounding sound, the One is ready to reshape your smartphone experience.

Revolutionize your photo album with a single shutter click. Transform the way you hear music with dual front speakers and a built-in amp. Stream all your favorite content live to your home screen. If you liked the EVO, the One has arrived. Pair it with the power of Sprint's Truly UnlimitedSM data plans, all while on the Sprint network, and experience the latest in high-tech.

Is this indicative of Sprint maybe not introducing an EVO this year?

Originally I said I was going to wait it out on this phone, but I've since decided I'm ready to ditch the EVO LTE for the ONE as soon as its available. Give me the sliver ONE!!

• Like 3

My HTC One article is up on The Wall...

http://s4gru.com/ind...tc-one-for-all/

AJ

I haven't had much of a problem with reception, but it's nice to know that this one should be a bit better in that regard. Weren't all of the 1st gen LTE phones a little weak in reception compared to the older phones, or does this One put it on par with something like the S3? Edited by Jaggrey

love the headline for this story in Cleveland today...

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2013/02/25/htc-one-phone-is-larger-than-iphone.html

really? An Android phone that's got a bigger screen than an iPhone? Shut the front door!

• Like 2

love the headline for this story in Cleveland today...

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2013/02/25/htc-one-phone-is-larger-than-iphone.html

really? An Android phone that's got a bigger screen than an iPhone? Shut the front door!

Lol that's funny. :rofl:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

I might be the minority in this, but I think phone screens have gotten too big for every day use. I was impressed that HTC crammed in a 1080p screen into a 4.7" physical display, but I think that's the largest for me. I can't see myself using a phone with a larger screen one-handed, which is what I normally do today.

Waiting patiently to get my hands on the One, should be a blast to use.

• Like 2