HTC One preview thread (was "Any M7 takers?")

Feech

I dislike the path that HTC has taken lately and this is coming from an Ex-HTC diehard fan. I strongly dislike the built in batteries and the sub standard phones they are releasing now if they would bring back the HTC that made ground breaking phones like the wizard 100,G1,etc I would support them in a heartbeat! Untill then i will stick with Sammy!

I do think it's a nice looking phone. However my S3 is also nice looking, also considering I'm not eligible for an upgrade until 2014 anyways I'll wait.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Its sad to see sprint still opting to sell phones with only 1900 MHz LTE support. If the sgs4 released later on this year contains 800 and/or 2500 MHz LTE support as well, I'm afraid the HTC one won't sell well on sprint. I highly doubt the HTC website would be incorrect.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Come on, 99.5% of sprint customers wouldn't have a clue as to what type of lte frequencies the phone can support. If the HTC One does not sell, it definitely won't be because of that.

• Like 1

I dislike the path that HTC has taken lately and this is coming from an Ex-HTC diehard fan. I strongly dislike the built in batteries and the sub standard phones they are releasing now if they would bring back the HTC that made ground breaking phones like the wizard 100,G1,etc I would support them in a heartbeat! Untill then i will stick with Sammy!

Substandard phones? That's simply just a matter of opinion which means nothing in the end. You have your preferences just like someone else will have theirs but that doesn't make it substandard because it doesn't have what you want. No company will be able to make everyone happy so they have to do what they have to do to make the majority happy.

• Like 2

sorry I should have been a little more clear. If you follow who quoted who, I was referring to the next EVO. I forgot which one of us said but they said possibly a 5inch EVO. So I was thinking just a rebranded DNA as the next EVO with an add sd and kick stand, and MAYBE this ultrapixel camera.

Ahh ok, thanks.

After using the phone at the announcement event, I can safely say that my GS3 will never see the light of day again.

I have an iPhone 5 and will still be getting this phone when it becomes available.

• Like 1

Its sad to see sprint still opting to sell phones with only 1900 MHz LTE support. If the sgs4 released later on this year contains 800 and/or 2500 MHz LTE support as well, I'm afraid the HTC one won't sell well on sprint. I highly doubt the HTC website would be incorrect.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

I doubt that. No Sprint customer outside of the people that follow S4GRU even know what LTE 800 is or that it even exists and that is the VAST majority of Sprint customers.

All I know is that Sprint/HTC better put some big money into marketing this phone so that people know it even exists. Last year I would mention the EVO LTE/ One X and people didn't even know what phone I was talking about. Either that or they would see these phones and proceed to ask "What phone is that?"

There is certainly nothing substandard about my Evo LTE. In fact, I feel that HTC had mostly superior hardware during this round. Build quality, screen, and camera are top tier which is ultimately why I bought it. As I said in a previous post, the S3 may have it beat on RF performance, but that does not make the Evo bad in any sense. Still have yet to be disappointed in it.

I'll agree with you that a built in battery certainly isn't preferred and I'd much rather buy a phone with a removable battery. So far the Evo LTE's battery hasn't given me any issues, but time will tell.

• Like 4

There is certainly nothing substandard about my Evo LTE. In fact, I feel that HTC had mostly superior hardware during this round. Build quality, screen, and camera are top tier which is ultimately why I bought it. As I said in a previous post, the S3 may have it beat on RF performance, but that does not make the Evo bad in any sense. Still have yet to be disappointed in it.

I'll agree with you that a built in battery certainly isn't preferred and I'd much rather buy a phone with a removable battery. So far the Evo LTE's battery hasn't given me any issues, but time will tell.

The EVO LTE has legitimate build quality, when you hold the device in your hand, you know it's a solid phone. This same feeling carries over to the One. I had it in my hand and it took every bit of self control, and the fact that I love my job, to give it back. The phone felt solid in my hand, no moving parts, no weak battery door, no flex.

• Like 2

The only way you are going to get better battery life is to build them into the phone so they can be bigger, but not look like a hump on the phone.

Still have an upgrade sitting on my account and the wife likes how this one looks. As for a built in battery, unless you are a power user I dont see the big deal. Micro SD is not a big deal if you have enough memory to begin with. 32gb should be way more than my wife (or me) would ever need.

After using the phone at the announcement event, I can safely say that my GS3 will never see the light of day again.

I have an iPhone 5 and will still be getting this phone when it becomes available.

Those are very strong words, were you that impressed with it?

I do think it's a nice looking phone. However my S3 is also nice looking, also considering I'm not eligible for an upgrade until 2014 anyways I'll wait.

The S3 is an aesthetically mediocre device.

I'd buy the One on Sprint...if Sprint ever got to putting a tower in the NIMBY little s*** towne where I abide. :)

The dog abides.

AJ

The S3 is an aesthetically mediocre device.

In my opinion it isn't. That's your opinion if you don't like it's looks.

• Like 1

The FCC OET authorization docs tell the tale: band 25 LTE 1900 only.

AJ

Substandard phones? That's simply just a matter of opinion which means nothing in the end. You have your preferences just like someone else will have theirs but that doesn't make it substandard because it doesn't have what you want. No company will be able to make everyone happy so they have to do what they have to do to make the majority happy.

Yes Substandard! Htc phones of today do NOT compare to the phones like the Wizard 100, Leo,Kaiser,diamond,dream,sapphire,etc. I can name HTC phones all day. HTC aren't as bold as they used to be, it seems as if they want to fit in more now than stand out... so that is where my opinion comes from. When HTC releases a new phone that I have to have I will go back to using them until then I will stick with my sammy phone!

Still have an upgrade sitting on my account and the wife likes how this one looks. As for a built in battery, unless you are a power user I dont see the big deal. Micro SD is not a big deal if you have enough memory to begin with. 32gb should be way more than my wife (or me) would ever need.

for me, the micro SD is a convenience thing. its not tied to the phone, so it can be swapped into a new phone. i backup all my apps to it for quick restoral, etc. if the phone borks up, you just put it in the new phone. for me, more than once i have been installing my apps from the sd card on the phone while the paperwork was being completed. it was not really about how much storage was included.

i didnt really like the internal battery, but i have learned not to dislike it. someone else said it best. the builtin battery doesnt have to have a hump on it to make it fit.

Those are very strong words, were you that impressed with it?

I honestly was.

Subjective commentary ahead, all fan boys please ignore

What sold me was the screen and the build quality. Plus, HTC has a way of using muted colors in their themes, which makes the device feel more like mine. When I had the S3 active, the color scheme just felt a little over the top. I switched from the S3 to the iPhone 5 recently, and have gotten used to the clarity of the screen and the fonts and text. In my time using the One, I found a comfortable experience in the same way.

The One has a solid feel to it, with no moving parts. Which, in my opinion, is what a phone made in 2013 should feel like. There is no flex or give in the housing, and it isn't a glossy, shiny finish which can be seen from across the street in the sun.

• Like 2

Yes Substandard! Htc phones of today do NOT compare to the phones like the Wizard 100, Leo,Kaiser,diamond,dream,sapphire,etc. I can name HTC phones all day. HTC aren't as bold as they used to be, it seems as if they want to fit in more now than stand out... so that is where my opinion comes from. When HTC releases a new phone that I have to have I will go back to using them until then I will stick with my sammy phone!

I still have 3 broken Touch Diamonds which failed for various hardware reasons

In my opinion it isn't. That's your opinion if you don't like it's looks.

Hey if you're a Sammy fan that's fine, you're definitely not the only one, I'm just saying lets not be naive just because its your favorite manufacturer and the GS3 is one of the best android devices out there. Everyone knows that when it comes to design and build quality Samsung can't hold a candle to HTC. Until they prove me wrong and make a phone that isn't made out of plastic then that will be the general consensus.

me·di·o·cre

[mee-dee-oh-ker]

adjective 1. of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate: The car gets only mediocre mileage, but it's fun to drive. Synonyms: undistinguished, commonplace, pedestrian, everyday; run-of-the-mill.

When I say the GS3 is aesthetically mediocre, I'm not saying its bad, its just ordinary.

Hey if you're a Sammy fan that's fine, you're definitely not the only one, I'm just saying lets not be naive just because its your favorite manufacturer and the GS3 is one of the best android devices out there. Everyone knows that when it comes to design and build quality Samsung can't hold a candle to HTC. Until they prove me wrong and make a phone that isn't made out of plastic then that will be the general consensus.

me·di·o·cre

[mee-dee-oh-ker]

adjective 1. of only ordinary or moderate quality; neither good nor bad; barely adequate: The car gets only mediocre mileage, but it's fun to drive. Synonyms: undistinguished, commonplace, pedestrian, everyday; run-of-the-mill.

When I say the GS3 is aesthetically mediocre, I'm not saying its bad, its just ordinary.

My bad, I didn't mean to get you mad. I do think HTC devices are pretty much nice(I know, my girlfriend had one). I just like Samsung devices because of the removable battery and the performance.