HTC One preview thread (was "Any M7 takers?")

Feech

Kind of off topic. HTC keeps reporting drops in sales every quarter. What would be the next step if this keeps happening and the one doesn't change anything? I would hate to see HTC disappear.

Kind of off topic. HTC keeps reporting drops in sales every quarter. What would be the next step if this keeps happening and the one doesn't change anything? I would hate to see HTC disappear.

I don't think they would disappear, just reorganize and restructure the way they do business. That's what most companies do.

What they are doing with the One is a great start, a page from Samsung and Apple's book.

I don't think they would disappear, just reorganize and restructure the way they do business. That's what most companies do.

If BlackBerry née RIM and Nokia are still hanging around, then HTC is not likely to go under. But, like the others, HTC may become just a marginal player against the Samsung/Apple duopoly.

AJ

I don't expect HTC to break the bank but I do expect things to turn around once the the One is released. A global launch is the right strategy and even though they probably won't move as many units as the gs4 they should do better than they did last year with the One X. What's key though is that they continue to publicly support their devices through updates but more importantly marketing. It seems like HTC is turning into LG when it comes to how they do business. Minimal marketing and when that doesn't work they just release another device to take its place then provide minimal marketing again. Its like an endless cycle.

What they are doing with the One is a great start, a page from Samsung and Apple's book.

I don't expect HTC to break the bank but I do expect things to turn around once the the One is released. A global launch is the right strategy and even though they probably won't move as many units as the gs4 they should do better than they did last year with the One X. What's key though is that they continue to publicly support their devices through updates but more importantly marketing. It seems like HTC is turning into LG when it comes to how they do business. Minimal marketing and when that doesn't work they just release another device to take its place then provide minimal marketing again. Its like an endless cycle.

Awesome. I am glad to see device unification even though That was an apple thing first. Hopefully in A few years it will become HTC/Samsung duopoly haha. I'm definitely on board with the HTC One

Awesome. I am glad to see device unification even though That was an apple thing first. Hopefully in A few years it will become HTC/Samsung duopoly haha. I'm definitely on board with the HTC One

Well apple's business model is a little different but I wouldn't say it was an apple thing first.

No device will be perfect, the issues with the evo lte were well known before the phone was released and those(such as myself) that were fortunate to have lte were face with connection issues. With that being said, there were other factors that led me to get and/or keep the phone anyway. Battery life was amazing as we all know and the camera was and for the most part still top notch, not to mention that beautiful 720p slcd2 screen. Now if I could go back in time and do it all over again I think I would still get the evo over the gs3 anyway but that of course is based on what I value. As far as the htc one, I honestly don't know. I really wanted a phone with a 5" display but they still stuck with the 4.7 which is fine I guess. I am definitely sold on the full hd slcd3 screen and front facing stereo speakers as well as the aluminium build. What I am not sold on is the "ultrapixel" marketing term that's being thrown around. Now in theory, plus what I have seen so far, it may be pretty cool but I hope it rocks once the phone is actually released. Also based on what AJ posted on S4GRU's wall it would seem like the one should be better than the evo lte when it comes to connectivitiy, at least on paper anyway. Oh and blinkfeed can be disabled for sure.

I am a phone whore, I have to buy something. I don't know the last time I had a phone longer than a year. I am also looking at the gs4 and I definitely don't like samsungs plastic build but more importantly I can't stand pentile screens. Now this time around I think that samsung is not going the way of pentile which should improve the screen quality but then they will still be using samoled screens, which does great with blacks but garbage with everything else and not to mention image retention issues. So it will be between the one and the gs4 but for me what it comes down too the most will be camera and screen.

Well said, and I agree with this entirely.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Anyone see any good photo comparisons for this "Ultrapixel" camera? I think that this may possibly be the best camera we have seen yet on any device, but HTC is probably going to lose a lot of people only looking at the number of megapixels.

Anyone see any good photo comparisons for this "Ultrapixel" camera? I think that this may possibly be the best camera we have seen yet on any device, but HTC is probably going to lose a lot of people only looking at the number of megapixels.

HTC One vs Nokia Lumia 920 Camera Comparison

http://www.neowin.net/news/cameras-htc-one-vs-nokia-lumia-920

The One takes phtos just as well as the Lumia 920. In low light, it also produces more accurate colored shots.

HTC One vs Nokia Lumia 920 Camera Comparison

http://www.neowin.net/news/cameras-htc-one-vs-nokia-lumia-920

The One takes phtos just as well as the Lumia 920. In low light, it also produces more accurate colored shots.

Looking pretty good. I'm curious to see it compared to the One X/EVO LTE camera... That should give us a good idea of how much it has improved.

Thanks for the link.

• Like 1

Looking pretty good. I'm curious to see it compared to the One X/EVO LTE camera... That should give us a good idea of how much it has improved.

Thanks for the link.

I'll be testing that as soon as I get my hands on a One, I have the EVO LTE sitting here collecting dust.

Thanks for the link.

I'll be testing that as soon as I get my hands on a One, I have the EVO LTE sitting here collecting dust.

That's a shame... Lol.

That IS a shame!! Poor Evo LTE.

I would be interested in seeing a comparison between the two cameras as well. I really like the camera on the Evo.

Someone should report you to the ASPCC.

AJ

That's a shame... Lol.

I picked up the iPhone 5 recently, my first foray into the world of iOS.

Thanks for the link.

No problem!

I picked up the iPhone 5 recently, my first foray into the world of iOS.

I certainly don't hate iOS, but after my experience with Android I don't think I could fathom switching to an iPhone. Just curious but, anything about the change you particularly like or dislike?

• Like 2

I don't know who else spends a lot of time on youtube killing time like I do at times but if you do I am sure you have come across these ridiculous "harlem shake" videos. Anyway HTC actually made one using a HTC One,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8W64kWkeHM

• Like 1

I certainly don't hate iOS, but after my experience with Android I don't think I could fathom switching to an iPhone. Just curious but, anything about the change you particularly like or dislike?

I think the keyboard/typing works so much better on iOS than on my various android devices. I tried a few aftermarket keyboards (Swiftkey X was the best). Also having a smaller device does have its perks, can be used while walking with one hand.

I was big into rooting, flashing roms, etc. but I think I've grown past that, and now just want to compare stock experiences.

That, and my current role almost requires me to learn and become an SME with all OSs, so having an iPhone was a plus.

• Like 1

I don't know who else spends a lot of time on youtube killing time like I do at times but if you do I am sure you have come across these ridiculous "harlem shake" videos. Anyway HTC actually made one using a HTC One,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8W64kWkeHM

lol HTC gets cool points for that!
  • Like 1

As much as I hate the Harlem shake, I like that one guy just standing there doing nothing in the video. That would probably be me.

Anyway back on topic. When HTC brought out the Sprint version of the One X (EVO LTE) at the NYC Event) and I held it I really fell in love with it. I had plan on getting it until Samsung swept me off my feet with the Note 2. The M7/HTC one looks like it will make the EVO LTE way better. The low light image taking as well as Beats Audio and starting at 32GB is quite tempting indeed.

I am sure those faithful to the HTC brand will not be disappointed in upgrading to it. And I truly hope that it does well in sales so that it can keep others in check. <cough> Apple, Samsung <Cough>

TS out (getting meds for this cough)

• Like 3

The phone is great. Build quality is amazing. Screen amazing. Sense.... amazing. Best phone I have ever laid my hands on.

Edited by WiWavelength
merged from "I saw the HTC One"