HTC U 12+

NanoVirus

It's a nice phone but it sucks that it isn't able to be used on Sprint. It completely lacks Sprint's LTE bands and CDMA. I also think it's weird for HTC to call the device the U12+ when there isn't a plain U12. Unless they plan on releasing some other U12 branded devices, they could've just called this the U12.

Edit: I got my answer from The Verge's article

Oh, and if you’re wondering why there’s no U12 from HTC: the company says it didn’t want to mislead people into thinking there’d be a “Plus” edition of this phone six months down the line.

They constantly seem to seek to cripple themselves. It does have band 41 but not 25 nor 26. It's also a very "meh" design.  And blinkfeed??  

Stop, guys. Phone buyers just aren't that into you.

2 hours ago, JonnygATL said:

They constantly seem to seek to cripple themselves. It does have band 41 but not 25 nor 26. It's also a very "meh" design.  And blinkfeed??  

Stop, guys. Phone buyers just aren't that into you.

It's missing Band 30 for AT&T and Band 71 for T-Mobile, both of which are boutique bands only used in the U.S. just like Band 25 and Band 26. It seems like this device is an international device that is simply being sold in the U.S. just because they can. The only carrier it isn't missing bands for is Verizon and that's if you don't include Band 46 which is used/going to be used for LAA on AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon.

I'm with you that there really isn't anything special about the device beyond the new Edge Sense and cool, non-mechanical volume buttons. I suppose if you prefer notch-less screens, you may pick it over something like the LG G7. But in a world where you can purchase the S9/S9+ for less than this phone costs, what standout feature would make you want to pick it over the an S9+?

Was hyped as hell for this, as a huge loyal HTC fanboy, but the lack of Sprint support (let alone complete US network support), is a kick to the nuts, as this literally the phone I have ALWAYS dreamed of.  The perfect phone.

With my M9 now three years old, I guess I'm going for a U11 instead.  Though the Moto z2 Force is damn tempting....

Edited by Cloud121
  • Like 1

My last 4 phones have been HTC - now my 10 is developing problems, and I am bummed bigtime that the U12+ won't be on Sprint.

I like their launcher, and Blinkfeed.  Is there an equivalent social media aggregator on any other brand that does Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ all together in time-sequence without having to switch between them?

The only work-around I can think of is if you buy the T-Mobile version and hope that Sprint allows it on its network. The phone would then roam on T-Mobile for voice and possible LTE if band 41 is not available.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 1:26 PM, NanoVirus said:

The only work-around I can think of is if you buy the T-Mobile version and hope that Sprint allows it on its network. The phone would then roam on T-Mobile for voice and possible LTE if band 41 is not available.

Hey if the Merger goes through, you're T-Mobile U12+ would eventually run on "Sprint's" network in a few years. All jokes aside, I was really looking forward to getting this one but lack of availability on Sprint put a block on that plan. My next alternative was to switch to T-Mo but in order for T-Mobile to pay off the remaining balance on my U11, I need to finance the phone through T-Mobile channels of which the U12+ is not available through.

The U12+ also not supporting Band 71 also makes me want to pass on it. So I was then considering the One Plus 6 which does have Band 71 but is in the same situation where it's not available from T-Mobile so they wouldn't pay off the balance on my Sprint U11. So that leaves me here really wanting to take advantage of T-Mo's Buy One Get One deal on the S9+ for my wife and I so we can get my U11 paid off and also get a B71 capable devices on T-Mobile. 

Yeah, the u11 is probably the last htc device I will ever purchase.  I unlocked my sprint u11 and ported it over to att, its bad enough how att cripples the functionality of non branded att phones but for this to also be missing important bands makes it a no go for me.  I do like how it looks but with also no wireless charging its definitely a no go for me.  I am convinced that htc simply doesn't care anymore.