NanoVirus

HTC U 12+

If this is a duplicate post, please delete.

What are everyone's thought on the HTC U 12+?

It's a nice phone but it sucks that it isn't able to be used on Sprint. It completely lacks Sprint's LTE bands and CDMA. I also think it's weird for HTC to call the device the U12+ when there isn't a plain U12. Unless they plan on releasing some other U12 branded devices, they could've just called this the U12.

Edit: I got my answer from The Verge's article

Oh, and if you’re wondering why there’s no U12 from HTC: the company says it didn’t want to mislead people into thinking there’d be a “Plus” edition of this phone six months down the line.

They constantly seem to seek to cripple themselves. It does have band 41 but not 25 nor 26. It's also a very "meh" design.  And blinkfeed??  

Stop, guys. Phone buyers just aren't that into you.

2 hours ago, JonnygATL said:

They constantly seem to seek to cripple themselves. It does have band 41 but not 25 nor 26. It's also a very "meh" design.  And blinkfeed??  

Stop, guys. Phone buyers just aren't that into you.

It's missing Band 30 for AT&T and Band 71 for T-Mobile, both of which are boutique bands only used in the U.S. just like Band 25 and Band 26. It seems like this device is an international device that is simply being sold in the U.S. just because they can. The only carrier it isn't missing bands for is Verizon and that's if you don't include Band 46 which is used/going to be used for LAA on AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon.

I'm with you that there really isn't anything special about the device beyond the new Edge Sense and cool, non-mechanical volume buttons. I suppose if you prefer notch-less screens, you may pick it over something like the LG G7. But in a world where you can purchase the S9/S9+ for less than this phone costs, what standout feature would make you want to pick it over the an S9+?

None

Exactly.

Posted (edited)

Was hyped as hell for this, as a huge loyal HTC fanboy, but the lack of Sprint support (let alone complete US network support), is a kick to the nuts, as this literally the phone I have ALWAYS dreamed of.  The perfect phone.

With my M9 now three years old, I guess I'm going for a U11 instead.  Though the Moto z2 Force is damn tempting....

Edited by Cloud121
  • Like 1

My last 4 phones have been HTC - now my 10 is developing problems, and I am bummed bigtime that the U12+ won't be on Sprint.

I like their launcher, and Blinkfeed.  Is there an equivalent social media aggregator on any other brand that does Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ all together in time-sequence without having to switch between them?

The only work-around I can think of is if you buy the T-Mobile version and hope that Sprint allows it on its network. The phone would then roam on T-Mobile for voice and possible LTE if band 41 is not available.

On 5/24/2018 at 1:26 PM, NanoVirus said:

The only work-around I can think of is if you buy the T-Mobile version and hope that Sprint allows it on its network. The phone would then roam on T-Mobile for voice and possible LTE if band 41 is not available.

Hey if the Merger goes through, you're T-Mobile U12+ would eventually run on "Sprint's" network in a few years. All jokes aside, I was really looking forward to getting this one but lack of availability on Sprint put a block on that plan. My next alternative was to switch to T-Mo but in order for T-Mobile to pay off the remaining balance on my U11, I need to finance the phone through T-Mobile channels of which the U12+ is not available through.

The U12+ also not supporting Band 71 also makes me want to pass on it. So I was then considering the One Plus 6 which does have Band 71 but is in the same situation where it's not available from T-Mobile so they wouldn't pay off the balance on my Sprint U11. So that leaves me here really wanting to take advantage of T-Mo's Buy One Get One deal on the S9+ for my wife and I so we can get my U11 paid off and also get a B71 capable devices on T-Mobile. 

Yeah, the u11 is probably the last htc device I will ever purchase.  I unlocked my sprint u11 and ported it over to att, its bad enough how att cripples the functionality of non branded att phones but for this to also be missing important bands makes it a no go for me.  I do like how it looks but with also no wireless charging its definitely a no go for me.  I am convinced that htc simply doesn't care anymore.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By leozno1
      Figured the HTC U11 needs to have it's own thread as opposed to having that conversation in the HTC U Ultra thread.

Pretty interesting article that has me excited about this phone. As the U11 seems to be leading Sprint's march towards Gigabit LTE.

http://www.pcmag.com/news/353698/htc-u11-is-sprints-first-gigabit-phone

• By Nrbelex
      The rumor mill has fully geared up, so it seems time for a thread in which the potential HTC-made 2016 Nexus phones can be discussed.

Rumors suggest two phones: a 5" device codenamed Sailfish, and a larger device codenamed Marlin. Both are thought to be produced by HTC. [There's also a report that Google is making its own phone, without an OEM partner--along the lines of a Pixel phone--but that report has been largely discounted.]

Android Police has claimed it knows with 8/10 certainty some specs of the smaller device--Sailfish:
      Manufactured by HTC 5" 1080p display (~440PPI) Quad-core 2.0GHz 64-bit processor (model unknown) 4GB RAM 2770mAh battery 32GB storage (unknown if multiple models will be available, or even if this is the base storage level) 12MP rear camera, 8MP front Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner USB-C port (bottom) Bottom-firing speaker or speakers (unknown if dual) Top-mounted headphone jack Bluetooth 4.2 Any thoughts on these devices? The last several Nexus devices have been Sprint compatible; is there any reason to think these won't be? Any hints in regulatory filings? How is HTC's radio performance, generally? Will Sprint sell them directly, and even if they do, will it still be preferable to buy directly from Google?
    • By transitwatch889
      So got on YouTube this morning and this came up!HTC One E8: http://youtu.be/6nL5QoFIEGA
    • By Turas
      I see both Verizon and AT&T are getting this.  Has anyone heard rumblings for a Sprinter variant?  I was hoping since they at least have a CDMA version that Sprint would be able to get their bands on it also.  
    • By transitwatch889
      So the official complete render as per ev leaks has been leaked http://androidandme.com/2014/05/news/htc-m8-prime-m8-ace-image-leaks-show-backsides-of-unannounced-phones/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=htc-m8-prime-m8-ace-image-leaks-show-backsides-of-unannounced-phones
      Looks not like what I anticipated I really hope that is an early design and color scheme.

Copy and pasted from androidcentral.com
      These leaks come courtesy of none other than @evleaks, and considering that the came out in a spat with Jeff Gordon (HTC's Senior Global Online Communications Manager, not the race car driver), they should be taken with a bit of a skeptical eye. It's also worth considering that, like the Galaxy S5 Prime, we don't expect that any One M8 Prime device would be a replacement for the One M8. Think of it more as a next generation HTC One Max. So on to the leaks:
      Quad-core 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor
      3GB RAM
      5.5" 1440x2560 QHD display
      Cat. 6 LTE
      Waterproof design
      Those specs, while open to change, would be in line with what we might expect from a phone like this, and they line up with an earlier leak out of China. There's one more leak, and this one we're strapping on our skeptic helmets: it's made out of "a composite of aluminum and liquid silicone."http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m8-prime-rumored-exotic-material-composition-faster-lte
    • As you guys are all excited to find a 10mhz carrier, I found a small cell popping up in the storage room at my office. They replaced the power panel the other day and brought in fiber. Today they are putting the hole in the roof (and patching the leak around the boiler.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Yesterday evening I had a notification that I had an update to "Carrier Services" in the Google Play store.  Any idea what this might be for, given that Google doesnt exactly give great descriptions of these sort of things.  I figured it must be something vaguely Sprint related, but wanted to see if anyone here had any insights.   Thanks!
    • So, this thread isn't very active... How is the radio on this bad boy?  The 3 XL will be delivered on Wednesday, :D.  Wish it had VoLTE out of the box, here's to hoping it will at least get it 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞.
    • Here's AT&T Band 5 in Prince William County:  https://imgur.com/a/A6x70Xe I tried locking to Band 5 in other places a few times along the way and did not see any additional Band 5.  This site also has Band 14, on top of the displayed 17/2/4/30.  I wonder if it has Band 66 as well.  (Didn't think to check.) Couldn't get a good look at the antenna as it was getting dark and it was cloudy and I was on I-66.  Sorry. - Trip