Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

I don't trust reps at all at this point. I like to base things on facts and the the fact is that the iPhone 5S supports B26 LTE 800. This is confirmed via Apple's website and through the FCC docs. I don't see why there would be any reason to not have the iPhone 5S support LTE 800.

new record (for me anyway) for 1x800!!!!!!! picked up a signal, in my house i might add, from a tower which is on the corner of I35 and hwy 20 east of webster city!!!! according to google maps, driving wise, thats 63.3 miles, take out a few for having to stick to roads and its still probably right at 60 miles!!!!!!   :blink:

2013-09-22_09-06-27.png

• Like 3

new record (for me anyway) for 1x800!!!!!!! picked up a signal, in my house i might add, from a tower which is on the corner of I35 and hwy 20 east of webster city!!!! according to google maps, driving wise, thats 63.3 miles, take out a few for having to stick to roads and its still probably right at 60 miles!!!!!!   :blink:

Wow! I wonder if there's some tropospheric ducting going on. This time of year is when a lot of ducting can be observed with all the temperature swings. I recall one time many years ago I was in Washington County, IA and watching WPWR-TV 50 (~688MHz) out of Chicago crystal clear off a roof antenna. That's a little over 200 miles line of sight.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Either I broke 1x800 on my phone or it's turned off everywhere. I'm in md but I can't connect to any 800 sites. I used to but not anymore. Loaded a custom prl and nothing. In shentel territory now and still nothing. Any suggestions

Either I broke 1x800 on my phone or it's turned off everywhere. I'm in md but I can't connect to any 800 sites. I used to but not anymore. Loaded a custom prl and nothing. In shentel territory now and still nothing. Any suggestions

Do you have the new updated PRL with channel 487 on 800SMR? 

They turned off our few sites that with 800SMR as well.  I can still see them on the spectrum analyzer but you can't connect to any of them.  One of my lines on the other side of town also notified me that she's back to roaming when she's at work.  So there's a case of it's now costing them money since they turned it off.  I for one am glad they turned it off for now here as they only had a couple sites lit up and it caused more problems that it fixed.  Leave it off until they get around to the other 800 capable sites.

I still have Shentel 800 running on channel 476.   No issues yet. Works fine.

If you lost 800 in Sprint territory in Washington, DC, but then move into Shentel territory, you probably have to do a PRL update to make the phone scan in Shentel territory.

Do you have the new updated PRL with channel 487 on 800SMR?

They turned off our few sites that with 800SMR as well. I can still see them on the spectrum analyzer but you can't connect to any of them. One of my lines on the other side of town also notified me that she's back to roaming when she's at work. So there's a case of it's now costing them money since they turned it off. I for one am glad they turned it off for now here as they only had a couple sites lit up and it caused more problems that it fixed. Leave it off until they get around to the other 800 capable sites.

I still have Shentel 800 running on channel 476. No issues yet. Works fine.

If you lost 800 in Sprint territory in Washington, DC, but then move into Shentel territory, you probably have to do a PRL update to make the phone scan in Shentel territory.

I've been running digiblurs 512 prl and I'm not getting anything. I'll flash again and report back

Edit: signal check must be the issue. Went to the debug screen and I'm on 476 but signal check isn't reporting it. Thanks for the replies

I've been running digiblurs 512 prl and I'm not getting anything. I'll flash again and report back

Edit: signal check must be the issue. Went to the debug screen and I'm on 476 but signal check isn't reporting it. Thanks for the replies

What SID is it?

So I'm not getting any 1x800 anywhere this morning. I had it all day yesterday and today nothing. Not sure what that means but its down :-(

I think it has something to do with the channel shift as Ericsson markets lost it as well.

Channel shift?

Yes, due to the DTV transition, Sprint is shifting from VHF to UHF.

;)

AJ

• Like 2

Yes, due to the DTV transition, Sprint is shifting from VHF to UHF.

;)

AJ

Very high frequency (VHF) is the ITU-designated range [1] of radio frequency electromagnetic waves from 30 MHz to 300 MHz

Yeah... I think Hesse et. al. would do some terrible things to gain access to spectrum between 30 and 300 MHz, just saiyan. 

Yeah... I think Hesse et. al. would do some terrible things to gain access to spectrum between 30 and 300 MHz, just saiyan. 

You might need one of these though... (great antennas btw)

sirio_starduster.gif

I suggest one these as well with it as I know they work well for sound quality for past experiences:

il_570xN.287261740.jpg

• Like 2

When 800 LTE goes live in Chicago, will it be a site-by-site occurrence? Or do you think work has already begun, and it will be a market-wide "flip the switch" kind of thing? And, is there any new news about the Chicago 800 LTE progress? I'm waiting patiently with my 5s.

When 800 LTE goes live in Chicago, will it be a site-by-site occurrence? Or do you think work has already begun, and it will be a market-wide "flip the switch" kind of thing? And, is there any new news about the Chicago 800 LTE progress? I'm waiting patiently with my 5s.

I'm curious to see if they setup the Iphones with the 800 LTE set at low priority just like they have the unique Iphone 1x800 PRLs.