Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Yea, seems we got the initial batch, then it cooled off. I went through google maps and starred the locations of all the towers within like 20 miles of Greenfield / Hales Corners and I'm gonna start driving by them whenever I'm near one.

I just received an announcement that NV work is beginning in Milwaukee. I don't know if it's specific to the city or to the market but it was a Sprint Zone push announcement - which I never get early in the week, if ever.

I just received an announcement that NV work is beginning in Milwaukee. I don't know if it's specific to the city or to the market but it was a Sprint Zone push announcement - which I never get early in the week, if ever.

It seems this announcement was nationwide. At least a dozen people so far have reported it across the country. Including me, here in New Mexico.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It seems this announcement was nationwide. At least a dozen people so far have reported it across the country. Including me, here in New Mexico.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Oh well... It was mean and cruel of Sprint to waggle the treat in front of us.

Can't complain about the speeds coming from the southeast side of Janesville.

Test Date: May 28, 2013 8:16:11 PM
Connection Type: Lte
Server: Arlington Heights, IL
Download: 15142 kbps
Upload: 6360 kbps
Ping: 60 ms

External IP: 
Internal IP:
Latitude: 42.67767
Longitude: -88.93391

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

http://www.speedtest.net/android/467716660.png

Edited by SWeberpal
  • Like 2

Can't complain about the speeds coming from the southeast side of Janesville.

Test Date: May 28, 2013 8:16:11 PM

Server: Arlington Heights, IL

Download: 15142 kbps

Upload: 6360 kbps

Ping: 60 ms

External IP: 

Internal IP:

Latitude: 42.67767

Longitude: -88.93391

http://www.speedtest.net/android/467716660.png

Wow!  That's pretty nice....haven't seen anything like that in the Mad-town area

New to the forums, been lurking for awhile... I noticed LTE on the sensorly map near Slinger/West Bend so I decided to take a drive last night. Must be a tower along 45 somewhere between hwy 60 and Paradise...

Test Date: Jun 1, 2013 8:36:22 pm

Server: Milwaukee, WI

Download: 17094 kbps

Upload: 11033 kbps

Ping: 83 ms

Latitude: 43.34291

Longitude: -88.19071

http://www.speedtest.net/android/471894649.png

• Like 2

Hopefully Germantown and The Falls will light up soon.

Hopefully MKE will have 1 tower lit up before the end of summer. I'm pretty convinced we will not have workable LTE till later this year. Pretty frustrating seeing other markets being worked on so quickly yet we have 5-6 towers done in 1 month in the boonies. 

Hopefully MKE will have 1 tower lit up before the end of summer. I'm pretty convinced we will not have workable LTE till later this year. Pretty frustrating seeing other markets being worked on so quickly yet we have 5-6 towers done in 1 month in the boonies. 

I hear ya. But look at it like this.. It's creeping closer to you out in Waukesha. And pretty soon my beat will be out in that area again so I'll be able to enjoy it at least.

I hear ya. But look at it like this.. It's creeping closer to you out in Waukesha. And pretty soon my beat will be out in that area again so I'll be able to enjoy it at least.

Whoa whoa, wait, did a tower in Waukesha get marked 4g complete??

- Sorry, I misread your post. I'm guessing you meant that you think Waukesha will be getting some work before the city of Milwaukee will.... :/ 

On a side note, I went to Madison this past weekend for my cousin's wedding. I had all the necessary apps running and I got to map some LTE from the tower just east of Lake Mills on i94. Got an average of like 18Mbps down and 8Mbps up. 

I would say that the tower at Tokay (in Madison) has had its 3G update. Consistently getting 2mbps down and 500 kbps up. No LTE yet though, I'd bet soon though as the RRUs are up. Picture of that coming soon.

EDIT: I wasn't able to get a picture that one can see anything in. I only had my phone for a camera and I wasn't able to get close enough, the digital zoomed pictures look terrible.  I'll try again when I have my other point and shoot with 10x optical zoom.  I would say though that, in theory, we should be seeing this site in the accepted category very soon as I believe I saw the updated cabinet there too, hard to get close enough to see it all. 

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

uploadfromtaptalk1370262504836.jpg

- Sorry, I misread your post. I'm guessing you meant that you think Waukesha will be getting some work before the city of Milwaukee will.... :/ 

On a side note, I went to Madison this past weekend for my cousin's wedding. I had all the necessary apps running and I got to map some LTE from the tower just east of Lake Mills on i94. Got an average of like 18Mbps down and 8Mbps up. 

No, i was referring to the fact that they seem to be starting in the boonies and working their way toward MKE.

• Like 1

No, i was referring to the fact that they seem to be starting in the boonies and working their way toward MKE.

Yeah, that seems to be the general trend. South from Fond du Lac and east from Madison.

Yeah, that seems to be the general trend. South from Fond du Lac and east from Madison.

Good, well I work in Waukesha and am looking to buy a house there too, so I would be totally cool with that trend. I just hope it starts to happen sooner rather than later. 

Good, well I work in Waukesha and am looking to buy a house there too, so I would be totally cool with that trend. I just hope it starts to happen sooner rather than later. 

I've been following the trend on Sensorly and naturally, it's following the interstates and major state highways but it's a clear convergence to the south and east. Now watch... it'll stop at the county lines and start inching up north from the Kenosha/Racine area. LOL

I don't know about anyone else, but 3G seems to have gotten real crappy in the last month or so. This after incrementally improving over the last ~6 months. I live on the lower east side and it's not too bad right by me, but anywhere else it's pretty rough. I keep hoping this is a sign of work being done and that a tower or two will change over, that just doesn't seem to be happening  :wacko:

On a side note, I had to travel to Madison for work yesterday and picked up my 1st LTE signals in the state of WI driving by Lake Mills, very nice! 

• Like 1

Downloaded SignalCheck Pro app the other day, have since driven from Milwaukee to Sheboygan and Milwaukee to FonduLac, I have a Galaxy S3 and once near Sheboygan I got a LTE signal alert and once on the way to Fondulac, I believe it was near West Bend also.  I was pretty excited, of course the others in the car thought I was just a little nutz !

I work downtown Milwaukee and travel frequently between there and Port Washington, no alerts along that path yet

Downloaded SignalCheck Pro app the other day, have since driven from Milwaukee to Sheboygan and Milwaukee to FonduLac, I have a Galaxy S3 and once near Sheboygan I got a LTE signal alert and once on the way to Fondulac, I believe it was near West Bend also. I was pretty excited, of course the others in the car thought I was just a little nutz !

I work downtown Milwaukee and travel frequently between there and Port Washington, no alerts along that path yet

Also use the LTE discovery app as it will force the LTE scans.

Sent from my little Note2

Is there a consensus on the phone's LTE toggle as to what to set it at? In my case an IP5. Should I leave LTE off until the area starts to light up? Will there be any battery hit simply leaving it on?

I live in Waukesha and work in West Allis. Thx!