Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

In Madison? Or Milwaukee?

Pretty sure he was talking about Madison. There is LTE on the same road where the farm and fleet is located. Sensorly.com shows a faint purple streak (which represents LTE on the map) on the south east side of Madison, by the farm and fleet.

Pretty sure he was talking about Madison. There is LTE on the same road where the farm and fleet is located. Sensorly.com shows a faint purple streak (which represents LTE on the map) on the south east side of Madison, by the farm and fleet.

It looks like the tower is roughly 2 miles from the Farm and Fleet. I would be interested to find out if you get usable LTE in the Farm and Fleet building.

It looks like the tower is roughly 2 miles from the Farm and Fleet. I would be interested to find out if you get usable LTE in the Farm and Fleet building.

I'm gonna be in that area tomorrow. I'll surley park at farm and fleet, so I can see what happens. I hope my EVO will play nice while trying to connect.

It was the farm and fleet in Madison...sorry...I should have stated that in my prior post. It was a blimp, nothing more than that....not on even long enough to snap a screen shot or to do a speed test

It was the farm and fleet in Madison...sorry...I should have stated that in my prior post. It was a blimp, nothing more than that....not on even long enough to snap a screen shot or to do a speed test

Ahh...got ya. I would assume other towers might be testing. It will be fun to see how many towers are accepted this upcoming week. If we assume 5 per week, there should be plenty of LTE for the summer!

I heard from a buddy of mine that there's LTE near and at Mitchell International airport (in Milwaukee for those of you not beyond the Cheddar Curtain). I'm pretty sure he's mistaken it for WiMAX, as that area is soaked with it but I'm not sure there's Sprint LTE service in that area. But I live near the airport so I'll troll around in a few minutes with Sensorly running just in case. Besides, it's a beautiful day to take the Harley out for a spin.

I'll report back in a few hours.

Edited by Jeffas332

Nope. As I suspected, no Sprint LTE around the airport. Rode from Howell and Layton Ave east to Packard Ave. South to College Ave, West to 13th and back to Layton. Not a blip, bloop or blop on Sensorly. I'm thinking my buddy either confused WiMAX for LTE or perhaps saw LTE service on another carrier.

Great to hear! Tokay should hit my wife's office.

Today I was snooping around my tower at PD and Seminole and as shown earlier in my picture, my tower lacks the NV RRUs and whatnot. Plus I still have iDEN legacy antennas. Anyways, there are quite a few orange pipes and flags that are all new (fresh dirt and such) that say "Fiber Optic". Not to say that's specifically for Sprint, just thought I'd put it out there.

I was down "near" McFarland but didn't get any LTE showing up on my device, even cycling airplane and SignalCheck. FWIW.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Great to hear! Tokay should hit my wife's office.

Today I was snooping around my tower at PD and Seminole and as shown earlier in my picture, my tower lacks the NV RRUs and whatnot. Plus I still have iDEN legacy antennas. Anyways, there are quite a few orange pipes and flags that are all new (fresh dirt and such) that say "Fiber Optic". Not to say that's specifically for Sprint, just thought I'd put it out there.

I was down "near" McFarland but didn't get any LTE showing up on my device, even cycling airplane and SignalCheck. FWIW.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I was at Stoughton rd twice this week and didn't get LTE signal at all. I even sat at the pdq at Stoughton rd Today and tried airplane mode,ect, with no luck. I understand nv/lte in this area are still in its testing phase and connection isn't guaranteed.

I tried to map out more of the LTE coverage near the Allenton tower this weekend via Sensorly. My EVO connected pretty quick to LTE this time around (per a suggestion earlier I update profile and PRL). I tried to drive as far West before the 4g connection dropped. I made it to just East of 175. I turned around and then went South on 41. I made to almost 144. Turned around again and headed east on 33. So far only my North/South drive on 41 is showing up on Sensorly. I will try again some time this week. Also, here in West Bend, cell coverage last Thursday sucked. Almost no cell coverage and text messages wouldn't go through for about 10 min. after trying to resend several times. Curious to know if they are doing work on the tower in West Bend. I went by the tower a couple times and didn't see any trucks around.

Just wanted to post and share, today at work in Stoughton I had an intermittent LTE connection, it came and went, but it was there.

It was probably the tower just south of McFarland on HWY 51. I would expect an extremely weak signal from that far away. Grab the SID and other tower info next time you connect and we can see if its the same tower.

Drove on 41 up to Appleton and back yesterday and was happy with speeds around Allenton. Went up to 29mbps! It seemed like the peak was just outside of the tower area, not direct at.

Test Date: May 5, 2013 7:14:23 am

Connection Type: Lte

Server: Milwaukee, WI

Download: 29644 kbps

Upload: 8141 kbps

Ping: 38 ms

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

http://www.speedtest.net/android/444008782.png

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Drove on 41 up to Appleton and back yesterday and was happy with speeds around Allenton. Went up to 29mbps! It seemed like the peak was just outside of the tower area, not direct at.

Test Date: May 5, 2013 7:14:23 am

Connection Type: Lte

Server: Milwaukee, WI

Download: 29644 kbps

Upload: 8141 kbps

Ping: 38 ms

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

http://www.speedtest...d/444008782.png

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Nice, how were the speeds while driving in the car? Im curious if i will have issues streaming Google Music on high quality while in the car.

Nice, how were the speeds while driving in the car? Im curious if i will have issues streaming Google Music on high quality while in the car.

Speeds averaged between 12-17 mbps before and after the tower but a few tests were over 20. even at the edge of the coverage I was getting 8mbps. Should have no issues streaming.

I should mention also.. not sure where it was but I did get 2.4mbps on a 3G speed test, not bad!

Speeds averaged between 12-17 mbps before and after the tower but a few tests were over 20. even at the edge of the coverage I was getting 8mbps

Thats effing' spectacular. How far from the tower did you go and still receive a signal?

Thats effing' spectacular. How far from the tower did you go and still receive a signal?

If you look at www.sensorly.com you'll see the coverage range. Extended a few miles.

It was probably the tower just south of McFarland on HWY 51. I would expect an extremely weak signal from that far away. Grab the SID and other tower info next time you connect and we can see if its the same tower.

Not sure when I will go back. I did just install sensorly though, will sensorly still collect data after it already uses it max battery life?

In passive mode Sensorly will collect data until it consumes your configured max battery usage. The default is 10%. You can see how much the process has used by looking at the battery in the android options list.

In manual mode Sensorly will warn you if you try start a 'manual' scan with the battery below a configurable level. The default for that is 20%. Once you start a manual scan, I think it will keep scanning until it drains your battery. That has not happened to me yet (I keep the phone plugged in while scanning)... but I don't see a config setting that would stop a manual scan at a certain battery level.

Sensorly has been having problems the last couple of days. The website has been down at times (generating server errors) and none of my traces have appeared since the loop around the McFarland tower last Friday. There should be traces in Lake Mills and a few other places in SE Madison (picking up the McFarland tower).

Sensorly has been having problems the last couple of days. The website has been down at times (generating server errors) and none of my traces have appeared since the loop around the McFarland tower last Friday. There should be traces in Lake Mills and a few other places in SE Madison (picking up the McFarland tower).

Sensorly has been doing server upgrades. When they're back to 100%, it should be better than ever. All data collected from devices over the past several days has been saved, and will be processed when everything is back up and running.