Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Just as a heads up, the "Tower" for 76th and Layton is on top of the Associated Bank building. Well, the broadcasters are up there, I guess the building is the tower... Also, I'm not seeing it on the list to be upgraded within the next 3 months...

Yeah. I didn't have a chance to check the actual map while I was on the road. But I was able to go back, park and work on some paperwork for a little while and nothing came up. I suspect it was just my phone freaking out a little from being cycled in and out of airplane mode by the LTE Discovery app. I'll try to look for permits at that address.

I just want to see LTE somewhere in the general Metro/Milwaukee area in the near future. As long as it's within like a 10-15 min drive from Greenfield, that will be enough to hold me over for a while.

Join the club. It's like being teased in a seductive fashion to see areas west of us getting the goods and Milwaukee is being treated like the bastard red-headed step child.

Good to know there is some work being done, we should be ok at least no later than the fall season...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I wish my beat extended into Dane County but alas... I only go as far west as Waukesha.

Just as a heads up, the "Tower" for 76th and Layton is on top of the Associated Bank building. Well, the broadcasters are up there, I guess the building is the tower... Also, I'm not seeing it on the list to be upgraded within the next 3 months...

Shot a quick email to the City of Greenfield and they confirm that an alteration permit was pulled for that site. It was pulled on 01APR2013 by Heights Tower Svc same contractors as the others around the metro.

Shot a quick email to the City of Greenfield and they confirm that an alteration permit was pulled for that site. It was pulled on 01APR2013 by Heights Tower Svc same contractors as the others around the metro.

Can I ask, what did you request in your email? City of Fitchburg has an online request thing, but I'm not certain I even know what to request??? I saw in a different part of the forums "how" to look for/at permits, but just curious what you asked for.

Can I ask, what did you request in your email? City of Fitchburg has an online request thing, but I'm not certain I even know what to request??? I saw in a different part of the forums "how" to look for/at permits, but just curious what you asked for.

I explained that I'm an enthusiast interested in the emerging improvements in our mobile communications technology and asked if an alteration or new construction type permit related specifically to transmitters was pulled for a specific address (as listed in the maps and physically verified as best you can - i'll explain more later) and give a range of dates - usually between August 2012 and the current date). Be prepared for a snag if there's a fee for the lookup as not every municipality does this for free.

Be sure to actually verify the site's true physical address using Google Maps or by swinging by the site yourself if you can. There are some address errors in the sponsor maps. When I verified a permit at the site on 11th & Mitchell in Milwaukee, the sponsor map cites an address located on 11th street where the buildings main address is on Mitchell. The permit was pulled on the Mitchell street address and searching the 11th street address show only permits pulled for the residences located in the building. Same building, two addresses, two very different results. If a building or site has span of addresses (eg: 102, 104, 106 & 108 Main Street) list the requested address as 102-08 Main St in case the permit was pulled somewhere in that span.

So in essence, keep it short, keep it specific & concise and keep it accurate and you should get info within a business day or two.

Class dismissed.

okay, I sent in emails to the two smaller cities around me, Verona and Fitchburg. We will see if I get any sort of response.

Thanks for your information!

You're welcome! I hope it proves fruitful for you. Some teachers enjoy apples from their pupils. I prefer bourbon and cigars.

• Like 2

You're welcome! I hope it proves fruitful for you. Some teachers enjoy apples from their pupils. I prefer bourbon and cigars.

I have been snooping around my tower on Marketplace Dr. (near PD and Seminole Hwy). Unfortunately, the closer I get to the tower, the more I see that the entire base of the tower site is surrounded by brick walls, so I can't get any ideas of new cabinets or other items laying around. I do see orange piping out of the ground for the Fiber (with fresh-ish dirt), so I know the backhaul is in place (well, I don't "know" anything) but I sure learned a lot out at the Oregon Tower site and reading the Sponsor forums and I'm fairly certain. I've got some zoomed in shots of that, but they're not very helpful.

Anyways, hopefully they get back to me with permit information.

I have been snooping around my tower on Marketplace Dr. (near PD and Seminole Hwy). Unfortunately, the closer I get to the tower, the more I see that the entire base of the tower site is surrounded by brick walls, so I can't get any ideas of new cabinets or other items laying around. I do see orange piping out of the ground for the Fiber (with fresh-ish dirt), so I know the backhaul is in place (well, I don't "know" anything) but I sure learned a lot out at the Oregon Tower site and reading the Sponsor forums and I'm fairly certain. I've got some zoomed in shots of that, but they're not very helpful.

Anyways, hopefully they get back to me with permit information.

So, no cigar for teacher? You know how to make a cop cry.

• Like 1

So, no cigar for teacher? You know how to make a cop cry.

listen up, copper: :thx: (this one: :bang: really should be more guns a blazin' in the air like yosemite sam than shooting at "something", but you get the point)

When my tower lights up with LTE, I'll host a cigar/bourbon party at my house! Then we can just all sit there and do speed tests.

• Like 1

Well now I kinda know someone at almost every level of law enforcement! ^ State Trooper, my dad was a Greenfield cop for 26 years but retired and works at the house of corrections, I'm friends with the former Hales Corners police chief's son, my cousin was a state trooper out near Green Bay, but is now a Sheriff for Oconto County. And I used to be a network administrator for the Milwaukee County District Attorney's office! I just need to find some Feds now....

• Like 1

"listen up, copper: :thx: (this one: :bang: really should be more guns a blazin' in the air like yosemite sam than shooting at "something", but you get the point)

When my tower lights up with LTE, I'll host a cigar/bourbon party at my house! Then we can just all sit there and do speed tests."

That sounds better than meeting up at the rest stop ;)

Why do none of my points show up in Sensorly????

I've been getting LTE right at Broadway and Bridge as well as Southtown and Beltline in Madison.

Posted Image

uploadfromtaptalk1368970890795.jpguploadfromtaptalk1368970906859.jpguploadfromtaptalk1368970921761.jpguploadfromtaptalk1368970933220.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I've been getting LTE right at Broadway and Bridge as well as Southtown and Beltline in Madison.

6a6unuta.jpg

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1368970890795.jpgattachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1368970906859.jpgattachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1368970921761.jpgattachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1368970933220.jpg

That a new tower? Still waiting for this weeks Completed Sites to be updated. 

6a6unuta.jpg

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1368970890795.jpgattachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1368970906859.jpgattachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1368970921761.jpgattachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1368970933220.jpg

Just got back from visiting a friend who lives on bridge rd. my gs3 picked up lte for less than one second. When I parked down the road at super walmart I hit another patch of lte. I turned on sensorly, started driving and kept the lte connection for a good distance while on the beltline. I Hope sensorly will map my trip.

Just got back from visiting a friend who lives on bridge rd. my gs3 picked up lte for less than one second. When I parked down the road at super walmart I hit another patch of lte. I turned on sensorly, started driving and kept the lte connection for a good distance while on the beltline. I Hope sensorly will map my trip.

Looks like my connection already shows up on the sensorly map.!!! 

What settings do you use for Sensorly?

I have it set to active only, then I map trips with it and it shows 4G getting mapped, but they never appear on Sensorly? What gives?

What settings do you use for Sensorly?

I have it set to active only, then I map trips with it and it shows 4G getting mapped, but they never appear on Sensorly? What gives?

Thats exaclty how I had it set.