Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

I'm so happy to have Milwaukee to start coming online. Many of you don't even begin to know how much I have endured from Milwaukeeans since the creation of S4GRU. In WiMax and LTE Deployments. I'm happy for you guys, and glad the death threats will finally end. But at least I didn't get actual bombs in the mail like the Detroiters. :lol:

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thanks for all the Milwaukee based information from the site Robert, it has definitely helped with the long wait we have had to endure over the years. What are the plans of S4GRU.com in the future? To be honest, i did not think the site was going to last as long as it has. 

Thanks for all the Milwaukee based information from the site Robert, it has definitely helped with the long wait we have had to endure over the years. What are the plans of S4GRU.com in the future? To be honest, i did not think the site was going to last as long as it has. 

Well, won't there be another round of LTE upgrades going on when Sprint moves to LTE Advanced? Then we can all stick around here and watch LTE Advanced get deployed throughout the country! 

• Like 1

New Poster but been reading the posts for months.

I had 4G on the East side of Sun Prairie but was very spotty yesterday... I live on Middle/South side of Sun Prairie close to Wal Mart and I currently have NO sprint. Not 3G no 4G and no Phone service... This has been spotty for 3 days now...

Are they doing work to the towers around here or were they dmaged by weather?

My heart was racing when I had 4G on the East Side of Sun Prairie close to Highway N and the new High School.

Seems to be a bit of a roll going on. Can anyone speak specifically to the city of Waikesha as well as the area around 70th and Greenfield in West Allis? Much appreciated...

I was in downtown Waukesha yesterday, drove around main st and eventually 18/Bluemound to Brookfield, no luck.. very slow 3G as usual.

Did some searching on Sussex and found some meeting notes with the village and Sprint on the Sussex website... Sprint started talking to them about putting new LTE antennas on one of the water towers back in Feb and I think got approval later in March. Page 5 of the PDF: http://www.village.sussex.wi.us/documents/2013.APR.18.PC.minutes.pdf

3G speeds started getting bad here this year, along with more dropped calls. Before I was able to get close to 2Mbps down, 5-600k up... now I struggle to get more than 4-500k down with high latency at home.

Edited by kb122
  • Like 1

I've had a couple moments of 4G in my neighborhood so this is getting nice. I was too busy dancing in the streets to get any Sensorly data. But when it comes back and I'm home, I'll drive around and map it out.

• Like 2

I was driving on the Hoan Bridge yesterday and had 4G! I know it's most likely just for Summerfest, but nonetheless, I was HAPPY! The 21.65mbps was at the peak of the Hoan. The 4G was between the Port of Milwaukee and the northern end of the Hoan. Sadly as I traveled further West (794 to 94 west), the signal died. I know one thing...this may actually make me want to go to Summerfest...just to play around on 4G...no matter how crowded the network will be. Haha. 

1016087_10100264361959045_174986707_n.jp

• Like 1

Glimps of 4G while standing outside on South Bird Street in Sun Prairie however no normal cell phone service in doors and lost singles while outside also. I would trade 4G for Cell Call/Text Service... What is going on!!

I was driving on the Hoan Bridge yesterday and had 4G! I know it's most likely just for Summerfest, but nonetheless, I was HAPPY! The 21.65mbps was at the peak of the Hoan. The 4G was between the Port of Milwaukee and the northern end of the Hoan. Sadly as I traveled further West (794 to 94 west), the signal died. I know one thing...this may actually make me want to go to Summerfest...just to play around on 4G...no matter how crowded the network will be. Haha. 

I don't think it's just for summerfest. A tower in that area has been upgraded to LTE and it's gonna stay that way. Maybe they'll get another one or two turned on before summerfest starts!

• Like 1

I don't think it's just for summerfest. A tower in that area has been upgraded to LTE and it's gonna stay that way. Maybe they'll get another one or two turned on before summerfest starts!

Even better! Guess I'm just a pessimistic person when it comes to Sprint. Hahaha. That makes me extremely happy though. Thanks for the update! 

At the lakefront 4g all day!! No problems with my evo radio!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

What part of the lakefront were you at? By Michigan St?

From the lake park area all the way torwards Bradford Beach.

I will have to check this out after work today.

I live by Brady and Farwell and didn't have 4G yesterday. I'm hoping that I'm not exactly in the middle of that tower and the tower by summerfest grounds hahahaha  :wall:

Ha. Sauk City, Mount Horeb and Wisconsin Dells just got their LTE fix as well, Dells is reporting 2 towers with 3G/4G.  The ring around Madison is now almost complete! Come on Sprint! Upgrade our towers.  The ones by me have NO movement on them (Fitchburg, south Madison). 

I live by Brady and Farwell and didn't have 4G yesterday. I'm hoping that I'm not exactly in the middle of that tower and the tower by summerfest grounds hahahaha :wall:

I think they are starting from the outside going in, It is 4g on the northwest side of Milwaukee, by the lake but no signal in between.

I live by Brady and Farwell and didn't have 4G yesterday. I'm hoping that I'm not exactly in the middle of that tower and the tower by summerfest grounds hahahaha  :wall:

There was no 4G at Humboldt and Lyon last night or this morning but you could pick it up as you head south on Prospect near Wisconsin.

I see on Sensorly someone mapped a pretty strong LTE signal right by Miller Park on 41 and 94. The signal looks way too strong to be coming from the tower by the lakefront, so there must be another LTE tower complete somewhere around Miller Park. I was just at the Brewers game on Saturday and got nothing! It would have been nice so get some LTE when I was there. But wow, I'm so excited to see them popping up so quickly!

I see on Sensorly someone mapped a pretty strong LTE signal right by Miller Park on 41 and 94. The signal looks way too strong to be coming from the tower by the lakefront, so there must be another LTE tower complete somewhere around Miller Park. I was just at the Brewers game on Saturday and got nothing! It would have been nice so get some LTE when I was there. But wow, I'm so excited to see them popping up so quickly!

NO KIDDING!!

It seems like they all popped up over weekend.