Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

Stock.

I'm stock as well. Seriously, I'm trying hard to map for Sensorly but nothing I map shows up. That's quite frustrating.

Anyways, based on the tower IDs from my LTE engineering shots, the tower is different than the McFarland and Oregon towers. As far as I can tell.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

It seems as though my tower has regressed to EV-DO Rev A. from EHRPD.

It's also flipping down to 1xRTT quite often. I suppose I snooped too much! They're on to me!

(there is no new hardware on my tower)

Wow, thank goodness Sprint is doing something next to the beltline.  In the afternoon, the network is non-existent!  Now all they have to do is pump up the power so it covers more than 2 exits....

It seems as though my tower has regressed to EV-DO Rev A. from EHRPD.

It's also flipping down to 1xRTT quite often. I suppose I snooped too much! They're on to me!

(there is no new hardware on my tower)

In my experience, it happens a lot when work is going on with the site. 

Or it's Armageddon.

• Like 1

In my experience, it happens a lot when work is going on with the site. 

Or it's Armageddon.

Must be Armageddon. Downtown Madison is on EV-DO again instead of eHRPD as well.

Hello Guys! I'm new to this forum and after reading it, I'm clearly lacking in the technical knowledge department.  But I wanted to let you know I found today I can get 4G at a park in Madison/Fitchburg.  It is Arbor Hills Park in Fitchburg/Madison.  In the park itself I can get 4G when I got into my car on street, the 4G was gone.  Any ideas about this? A new tower? Thanks for any info! I'm patiently waiting for 4G to come to Madison!

Hello EJones,

3 simple steps to insanity:

1) Download the Sensorly app and use it when you drive (free).

2) Buy Signal Check Pro ($).

3) Download LTE discovery... until Signal Check Pro adds timed radio resets (hint hint developer).

Oh.. and 4, make strange detours daily to map out unmapped roads... much easier if you are not married.  If you are married, start working on your excuses lest you wife figure out that you are indeed insane.

• Like 2

Hello Guys! I'm new to this forum and after reading it, I'm clearly lacking in the technical knowledge department. But I wanted to let you know I found today I can get 4G at a park in Madison/Fitchburg. It is Arbor Hills Park in Fitchburg/Madison. In the park itself I can get 4G when I got into my car on street, the 4G was gone. Any ideas about this? A new tower? Thanks for any info! I'm patiently waiting for 4G to come to Madison!

Can you be more specific on your area? I don't find an Arbor Hills Park in my area. If you're talking about Arbor Hills Neighborhood.... I'm not sure why you'd get it there. The tower by Culvers on Todd drive didn't appear to have any work done on it last I snooped. Maybe they did it yesterday though?

I actually got some LTE on the beltline yesterday.  I had to do the toggle airplane mode to see it, but it was there.  I got the signal by Super Wal-Mart and had it until past the Monana Drive exit (heading East).  I was surprised that for the entire trip from the West Side to the East side of Madison via the Beltline had decent data speeds.  I  could actually stream the Play Music app the entire way!

I actually got some LTE on the beltline yesterday.  I had to do the toggle airplane mode to see it, but it was there.  I got the signal by Super Wal-Mart and had it until past the Monana Drive exit (heading East).  I was surprised that for the entire trip from the West Side to the East side of Madison via the Beltline had decent data speeds.  I  could actually stream the Play Music app the entire way!

Did you grab a shot of the LTE Engineering Screen?  I'm curious as to the ID of this tower.  There's one behind Super Walmart a bit, one by Gates Auto body at Rimrock and one by Culver's on Todd Dr. that you would have passed by....then the one on Tokay would have been in shot of the beltline, and we know that one already has a permit pulled.  I haven't checked out the tower at Gates, but that could be what's giving us the LTE love in that area?  Hard to say.  

Well, next time you're in the LTE area, go to

##debug# on the dialer

Then 777468 for the code (that's SPRINT)

Then LTE engineering, then take a screen shot. The tower scid will tell us more.

You may already have that screen shot, sorry if you know about all that already.

We're probably connected to the same tower and I don't think it's the McFarland or Oregon one.

Well, next time you're in the LTE area, go to

##debug# on the dialer

Then 777468 for the code (that's SPRINT)

Then LTE engineering, then take a screen shot. The tower scid will tell us more.

You may already have that screen shot, sorry if you know about all that already.

We're probably connected to the same tower and I don't think it's the McFarland or Oregon one.

I would that if I was not driving.  I don't want to cause an accident.  But, if I get into the parking lot of the beltline, and have a little time, I will.

okay, I sent in emails to the two smaller cities around me, Verona and Fitchburg. We will see if I get any sort of response.

Thanks for your information!

So, I heard back from Verona.  The building inspector had to call a bunch of different people, but eventually found out that 

1) no permit had yet been approved, however

2) Sprint is in talks with the city to get that approved for the existing tower

3) and also approval for a new (second) tower in the more western part of Verona Area due to population increases

I have not yet heard back from Fitchburg. 

• Like 1

So, I heard back from Verona.  The building inspector had to call a bunch of different people, but eventually found out that 

1) no permit had yet been approved, however

2) Sprint is in talks with the city to get that approved for the existing tower

3) and also approval for a new (second) tower in the more western part of Verona Area due to population increases

I have not yet heard back from Fitchburg. 

I'm glad they were nice enough to research that for you! Sounds like they went the extra mile which is a great thing.

Must be Armageddon. Downtown Madison is on EV-DO again instead of eHRPD as well.

Same here in Pewaukee, now EVDO.

Back to eHRPD this am. City wide.

sent from tapa-tapa-tapatalk12

That is the same tower that Mr. Phoneguy, Mangurt and I were all connected to in the area near Super Walmart on Southtown exit. However, I do not think that is the same tower as the McFarland one.  That McFarland Tower is really, really far away.  It isn't the Oregon tower as I had a different ID from that one.  It must be a new tower. 

However, the accepted sites were updated on the Sponsor side and Milwaukee Market in our area didn't get any new sites accepted as of yesterday.  I have to think that some more will start to fall soon. 

I'm going to check out the tower off Todd Dr. and the Beltline on my way home today, I also might try to find a reason to swing by the Tokay tower and others early tomorrow. 

This has become my new obsession since I stopped flashing so many different ROMs on my SGS3. :)