Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

What you have to worry about getting a trespass going on a railroad track? I've violated restricted floors in a building because I'm nosy. Just do it.

The tracks are elevated and if I want access to them I have to climb over one of two barbed wire fences that prevent that. Plus now that I look, I don't see that site on the sponsor's map. That's not to say it's not a Sprint site, there's a very slim chance that it actually is but not marked on the map.

It's puzzling because it's the tower I'm connected to when I'm out of Airave coverage or I've turned it off. The building mounted towers on Schuester Lofts at 11th and Mitchell are much closer, are in my direct line of sight, & a known Sprint site. It's also on the map. My GS2E4GT and my niece's IP4S connect to that one.

See this entry for permit pulls: http://s4gru.com/ind...675#entry138675.

I figured so. Reason I ask, apparently the EVO LTE has a hard time finding random LTE signals. The small blip you were able to map out Prolly wouldn't have been detected on the EVO LTE.

Yes, it was literally a second, I bought an app from one of the guys here, signal check pro or something like that, it alerts me when LTE connects, is kind of cool for a market that is just starting to receive upgrades.

Yes, it was literally a second, I bought an app from one of the guys here, signal check pro or something like that, it alerts me when LTE connects, is kind of cool for a market that is just starting to receive upgrades.

Hmmm I may get the app

If anyone goes past Beloit Rd and Oklahoma Ave, the tower near there is on 90 day forecast...

What does 90 day forecast mean? It will be completed within 90 days?

Parents live close to there (signal isn't great at their house)

What does 90 day forecast mean? It will be completed within 90 days?

Parents live close to there (signal isn't great at their house)

It means exactly what it says... Some Sprint managers have access to a reporting site that shows Network Vision and 4G progress in various markets. The Milwaukee Market (essentially southern Wisconsin) is divided up into smaller areas. Overall though, the Milwaukee market is forecast to have 91 towers live for LTE in 90 days. Again, I stress "forecast", and one of those towers is on or at Oklahoma Ave and Beloit Rd. Its the plan. And as with all plans, that can and could change.

Its the info I have.

It means exactly what it says... Some Sprint managers have access to a reporting site that shows Network Vision and 4G progress in various markets. The Milwaukee Market (essentially southern Wisconsin) is divided up into smaller areas. Overall though, the Milwaukee market is forecast to have 91 towers live for LTE in 90 days. Again, I stress "forecast", and one of those towers is on or at Oklahoma Ave and Beloit Rd. Its the plan. And as with all plans, that can and could change.

Its the info I have.

I live right around Hwy100 and Beloit. The tower you're talking about is on 92nd street between Beloit and Oklahoma. It's right next to where I went to grade school! St. Matthias. There are two towers right next to each other, one of them has an AT&T sign on the gate, so I'm guessing it's the other one.

I'll start going by there every few days or so and check for progress. That's probably the tower I'm connected to when I'm at home, so that would be good news.

• Like 1

Ive started to Sensorly map my 26 mile drive to work everyday in the morning. If there is LTE anywhere on the way i will let you know. My drive is from South Waukesha to 27th & Oklahoma.

• Like 3

Ive started to Sensorly map my 26 mile drive to work everyday in the morning. If there is LTE anywhere on the way i will let you know. My drive is from South Waukesha to 27th & Oklahoma.

Hope you are running LTE Discovery app too otherwise you might never find LTE running Sensorly all the time. It prevents the radio from scanning from LTE with all the uploading of points.

Sent from my little Note2

Hope you are running LTE Discovery app too otherwise you might never find LTE running Sensorly all the time. It prevents the radio from scanning from LTE with all the uploading of points.

Sent from my little Note2

I do run the LTE Discovery app. It's pretty much mandatory for the EVO LTE.

I'm happy to report that there was a very, very short blip of LTE near Southridge Mall (76th and Layton Ave). Can't say it was much of anything... I was stopped at a light reading a quick text and ready to hit the expressway. I have to be back there tomorrow so I'll run Sensorly to try and nab it while I get a cone from Kopp's.

• Like 1

Did a job in Oregon, WI today. And had LTE all during the job, and a short drive back into town, where it then dropped out.

But the LTE signal persisted for ~1hour.

Went down to Oregon tonight to witness this for myself. I took some pictures of the tower but they're a little dark. I mapped 423 points of 4G with Sensorly. Attached are my speedtest results, with a 3G one right outside the range.

Screenshot_2013-05-15-21-02-05.png

I had LTE signal all the way out Netherwood Rd until I hit Fish Hatchery Rd, heading north. I then got another blip of LTE near Irish Lane and Fish Hatchery Rd. The tower that's right near there (next to the FItchburg water tower) appeared to have RRUs on them and a new case in the fence, however it was too late to get a picture but I could see them in the sunset pretty clearly with my eyes. I would guess that tower might be on the completed list soon.

Also attached are my LTE Engineering shot:

Screenshot_2013-05-15-20-31-34.png

And Signal Check Pro (as I was driving away):

Screenshot_2013-05-15-20-34-51.png

I'm happy to report that there was a very, very short blip of LTE near Southridge Mall (76th and Layton Ave). Can't say it was much of anything... I was stopped at a light reading a quick text and ready to hit the expressway. I have to be back there tomorrow so I'll run Sensorly to try and nab it while I get a cone from Kopp's.

Ohhh man. This is getting good. I'll have to check out where the nearest towers around Southridge are and scope em out tomorrow.

Ohhh man. This is getting good. I'll have to check out where the nearest towers around Southridge are and scope em out tomorrow.

There's a tower within about 2 or 3 blocks. If you see a state owned patrol vehicle around there. Say hello. :) I'll be holding my phone up like Simba in the Lion King.

EDITED TO ADD: As of 2310 on 15 MAY 2013, there is no LTE signal that I'm picking up at this location. It may have been a blip on my phone but not an actual signal as I was using the LTE Discovery app for several hours while on my shift.

• Like 1

Its the info I have.

Sounds a little to much like the 9-9-9 idea or at least a little sims ular

Sounds a little to much like the 9-9-9 idea or at least a little sims ular

Herman, is that you???

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Herman, is that you???

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Get on booooooaaaaard the Herman Cain train!! It's a lot better slogan than "Step on in to the Ron Paul shower stall"

"Hop on in to the Ron Paul shower stall"

I'm a visual thinker. I'm going to have nightmares about this simple quote. :twitch:

Robert

There's a tower within about 2 or 3 blocks. If you see a state owned patrol vehicle around there. Say hello. :) I'll be holding my phone up like Simba in the Lion King.

EDITED TO ADD: As of 2310 on 15 MAY 2013, there is no LTE signal that I'm picking up at this location. It may have been a blip on my phone but not an actual signal as I was using the LTE Discovery app for several hours while on my shift.

Just as a heads up, the "Tower" for 76th and Layton is on top of the Associated Bank building. Well, the broadcasters are up there, I guess the building is the tower... Also, I'm not seeing it on the list to be upgraded within the next 3 months...

I just want to see LTE somewhere in the general Metro/Milwaukee area in the near future. As long as it's within like a 10-15 min drive from Greenfield, that will be enough to hold me over for a while.

• Like 1