Network Vision/LTE - Milwaukee Market (including Madison)

sajanisch

This is the screen show while driving down I94. Every download was between 4mbps and 7mbps. The uploads where sad at 0.5mbps to 3.5mbps. With this being the first day tho I am pleased. Also I was going 75mph on the freeway. I hope sensorly recorded my tracks as while it was in passive as LTE discovery was on. I'll see how the speeds are tomorrow morning again on the way to work. I travel between oconomowoc and Milwaukee every day. I hope to bring more great news in the near future.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

post-1036-13715194492554_thumb.jpg

post-1036-0-63387900-1371520755_thumb.png

Looks like the LTE source is at WI-16 and WI-83 in Hartland. I get a very strong LTE signal there.

I also drove a little northeast of there and LTE strength seemed to lock in full longer than on the way back. I think that was a fluke.

Did a decent amount of driving to find this. Hopefully Sensorly will show my trip!

I drove to Nashotah, too, but the LTE signal seemed a little stronger at 16/83.

uploadfromtaptalk1371525997553.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like the LTE source is at WI-16 and WI-83 in Hartland. I get a very strong LTE signal there.

I also drove a little northeast of there and LTE strength seemed to lock in full longer than on the way back. I think that was a fluke.

Did a decent amount of driving to find this. Hopefully Sensorly will show my trip!

I drove to Nashotah, too, but the LTE signal seemed a little stronger at 16/83.

I'm not seeing anything on sensorly yet. I think I'm going to head out there after work today and see if I can find and map anything too. At least I know where to look now! Thanks man.

Where are you looking? The hwy16 and hwy83 intersection? Or are you looking along i94 between Delafield and Waukesha? I tried zooming and don't see anything.

Edit: Oh wait, I see it. On i94. That's sweet man! I'm definitely going to map some LTE after work today. 4 more hours...

My mapping is now on Sensorly.  Like I said though, for some reason my trip up on Hwy E was showing full 100% LTE signal even a few miles up (as high was -59 dbm!), but on the way back it seemed more accurate, so that shouldn't show full strength there.  Was strange!

I went and did a bunch of sensorly mapping around the Hartland tower. A bunch to the south east side of it. I don't know why I feel compelled to do that, but I can't help it!

That's because we are geeks.  Also desperate considering everyone else has 4G.

Indeed, I am not surprised that the Sprint maps on Sensorly are fairly well filled out compared to the other cellular vendors... check out the other maps sometime... it's n night and day.

I'll admit. I'm a us cell customer who is thinking of switching to sprint and when I brought up sensorly on the forum we have, only ONE person decided to download it and run it. I map pretty much where ever I go that isn't purple though.

I'll admit. I'm a us cell customer who is thinking of switching to sprint and when I brought up sensorly on the forum we have, only ONE person decided to download it and run it. I map pretty much where ever I go that isn't purple though.

I have never been a fan of US Cellular. I especially do not like the fact that they claim national service when they actually roam for voice and data outside the 10 metro areas they natively cover. What a joke. Don't they have 850mhz frequency in Milwaukee? If so, that explains their "great" coverage. Wait till Sprint unleashes 800 SMR here...it's going to be a game changer. Now, if Sprint can just work on getting Miller Park, Summerfest, and State Fair covered with LTE...

Only reason I have not jumped ship is I just got Lte and I'm not too eager to give it up yet. I also am waiting for the network to be a little more complete and for tri band phones to be released.

I'm starting to dislike us cell myself. The money they got from the Chicago region buy out went right towards iPhones and it sounds like plan prices are going to jump even for non iPhone users once that happens. My bill is already high enough and I only have 2 gigs of data on a 4g phone.

I have never been a fan of US Cellular. I especially do not like the fact that they claim national service when they actually roam for voice and data outside the 10 metro areas they natively cover. What a joke. Don't they have 850mhz frequency in Milwaukee? If so, that explains their "great" coverage. Wait till Sprint unleashes 800 SMR here...it's going to be a game changer. Now, if Sprint can just work on getting Miller Park, Summerfest, and State Fair covered with LTE...

Yes, they use 850 here, which is probably why they are better than anyone else.

Verizon is 1900 here but more 850 elsewhere, I believe.  Granted, they have LTE everywhere!

Okay, so I got some screen shots of LTE in and around Sun Prairie.  Well, one screen shot is from HWY 19 and I90/94/39.  I picked up LTE heading East on HWY 19 going under the bridge for the interstates.  I kept LTE until I got real close to Token Creek.  The other screen shot is from HWY 19 and C.

post-4392-0-05671200-1371770442_thumb.png post-4392-0-50125800-1371770446_thumb.png

• Like 1

Yes, they use 850 here, which is probably why they are better than anyone else.

Verizon is 1900 here but more 850 elsewhere, I believe.  Granted, they have LTE everywhere!

Thought so. So Sprint will have better voice coverage than vzw when 800 is deployed. Nice.

Just had a bit of LTE on Lilly near Hampton in the falls. Mapped a few points. Was running late, but will check it out further later.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta