Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

15 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

They claim it's being turned on site-by-site and my guess is the NYC market just isn't at the top of the list given how strong Sprint's network already is there.

Yeah, makes no sense in most parts of NYC. If anything, the Bronx needs it more than other boroughs since its stuck at 2xCA for the foreseeable future.

But unfortunately, I think T Mobile is not in much better shape here.

On 10/16/2018 at 9:37 AM, Paynefanbro said:

They claim it's being turned on site-by-site and my guess is the NYC market just isn't at the top of the list given how strong Sprint's network already is there.

It depends on the site AND band.
In areas where band 12 sucks for T-Mobile customers, you can be guaranteed that band 12 is not available for Sprint customers. 

On 10/16/2018 at 12:37 PM, Paynefanbro said:

Sprint definitely needs it in NYC. I roam a lot. Look on Sensorly, which Sprint uses as reference, there are quite a few areas that are low in signal. Including in but not limited to Manhattan, without mentioning towers with signal but no service all over the city.

I personally one of Sprint's numerous mistakes in the past was in not prioritizing the tops markets. T-Mobile is not great outside of cities to this day, but few of it's customers know that.

4 hours ago, JacobSDN1 said:

Sprint definitely needs it in NYC. I roam a lot. Look on Sensorly, which Sprint uses as reference, there are quite a few areas that are low in signal. Including in but not limited to Manhattan, without mentioning towers with signal but no service all over the city.

I personally one of Sprint's numerous mistakes in the past was in not prioritizing the tops markets. T-Mobile is not great outside of cities to this day, but few of it's customers know that.

Where are you in NYC that you roam a lot? In the past 3 years I've used 0MB of roaming data. It's also important to note that Sprint's Sensorly map is skewed because of Band 41. Because of Band 41, Sprint's average signal strength will always seem lower than other carriers in the NYC even if Sprint's speeds are faster.

21 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

Where are you in NYC that you roam a lot? In the past 3 years I've used 0MB of roaming data. It's also important to note that Sprint's Sensorly map is skewed because of Band 41. Because of Band 41, Sprint's average signal strength will always seem lower than other carriers in the NYC even if Sprint's speeds are faster.

Using this math, wouldn't bands 46, 30 and 66 also show a weak signal on other carriers? Since all carriers posses band 2 and below how does sensorly ignore this specifically with Sprint?

4 minutes ago, belusnecropolis said:

Using this math, wouldn't bands 46, 30 and 66 also show a weak signal on other carriers? Since all carriers posses band 2 and below how does sensorly ignore this specifically with Sprint?

Because the other carriers don't use those as their primary bands nor have them deployed on every single site in the same way Sprint does for Band 41. Not to mention Band 30 and Band 66 still have farther reach than Band 41. Also Band 46 is deployed in very few places as a hotspot type of solution.

When you're on Band 41, you're on Band 41 alone. When you are on Band 30 or Band 66, you tend to be carrier aggregated with another band that has better propagation characteristics.

Just now, Paynefanbro said:

Because the other carriers don't use those as their primary bands nor have them deployed on every single site in the same way Sprint does for Band 41. Not to mention Band 30 and Band 66 still have farther reach than Band 41. Also Band 46 is deployed in very few places as a hotspot type of solution.

It is essentially more time parked on 2.5 as a Sprint user then 2.3 as an ATT user, or 2.2 as a Verizon or T-mo user. I see bands 30, 66 just about everywhere these days. Those seem to be pretty primary as far as bandwidth goes, minimum 10 on band 30 up to 20 or 30 in band 66. This would indicate that somehow Sprint is not allowing service levels on band 41 to fail to band 41>25 nearly as often as other carriers are with similar frequencies i.e 30>2 or 66>2. That seems strange to me.

5 hours ago, JacobSDN1 said:

What the?! You roam alot in NYC?!

Where?!

I have never ever roamed in NYC..

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JacobSDN1 said:

I only recall roaming twice in NYC. Once was in a club located in the basement of a building. The second time was also in a sub basement where a company I use for work has a repair shop. They even have an AT&T extender wired through the stairs to the ground level just to get signal in there office. I would have to say in Manhattan I am 90% of the time on B41 and the rest on B25/B25.

• Like 3

any i seeing this right? for a good minute, i didnt see any other bands availablea42e4769c5e088ceafe0c6654cd309ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by sunmybun

3 minutes ago, sunmybun said:

any i seeing this right? for a good minute, i didnt see any other bands availableb2faf41fb08a4fa860b8ea20fd5999b9.jpga42e4769c5e088ceafe0c6654cd309ab.jpg

Maybe they were working in your area. What band do you usually see in this exact location? 

It's unfortunate that it wasn't TMobile since at least it doesn't count against your roaming limits.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:
Maybe they were working in your area. What band do you usually see in this exact location? 
It's unfortunate that it wasn't TMobile since at least it doesn't count against your roaming limits.

i see b25,b26, clearview b41.
yea, it was random.
i accidently put my coordinates hehe. stupid uncautious me
could you guys delete my picture from your replies?
atleast, this is not my place ;)

Edited by sunmybun

I went to Powerhouse at the Prudential Center and the DAS inside got overloaded. They had two Band 41 carriers but only calls and texts would go through. Text based social media like reddit also worked but very slowly. T-Mobile was in the same position as Sprint with only calls and texts going through. Verizon and AT&T data still worked but was really slow. There was also no WiFi to offload to which sucked.

Look like Sprint turned off completely my home tower aka with MUMIMO installed causing my phone to roam AT&T B12, B2. I can't report to My Sprint App when I submit a network problem the App crashed. I can connect on Single band 41 Clearwire on 98 Madison Street just barely holding -110 RSRP next to my room door when I just go in the middle of the room it gone. No Band 25 and 26 in my apartment. The Site ID that is currently down, NY04XC809.

So far At&t have 10x10 Mhz of band 12 and 10x10 Mhz of band 2.

19 hours ago, RaigekiNYC said:

Look like Sprint turned off completely my home tower aka with MUMIMO installed causing my phone to roam AT&T B12, B2. I can't report to My Sprint App when I submit a network problem the App crashed. I can connect on Single band 41 Clearwire on 98 Madison Street just barely holding -110 RSRP next to my room door when I just go in the middle of the room it gone. No Band 25 and 26 in my apartment. The Site ID that is currently down, NY04XC809.

So far At&t have 10x10 Mhz of band 12 and 10x10 Mhz of band 2.

It look like it back online again.

• Like 2

On 10/30/2018 at 3:08 PM, RaigekiNYC said:

It look like it back online again.

Omg yay I think MUMIMO is active. I finally got a better signal now -98 RSRP on band 41 vs dropping to band 25 with same RSRP before in while sitting the same area. Using s7 edge. Did speedtest 92 down and 6 up vs. 33 down and 1 up on -116 RSRP band 41 before. From my previous post, -96 RSRP standing next to my room door vs now -86 RSRP signal in same area. Now it won't drop to band 25 anymore at home.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, RaigekiNYC said:

Omg yay I think MUMIMO is active. I finally got a better signal now -98 RSRP on band 41 vs dropping to band 25 with same RSRP before in while sitting the same area. Using s7 edge. Did speedtest 92 down and 6 up vs. 33 down and 1 up on -116 RSRP band 41 before. From my previous post, -96 RSRP standing next to my room door vs now -86 RSRP signal in same area. Now it won't drop to band 25 anymore at home.

Awesome!

1 minute ago, RaigekiNYC said:

Also Sprint installed another MUMIMO at Water St between Fletcher St and Maiden Ln above Chase Bank building.

Hopefully they will finally start truly deploying them in larger scale. They almost always seem to start with lower Manhattan for whatever reason.

Also Sprint installed another MUMIMO at Water St between Fletcher St and Maiden Ln above Chase Bank building.
Is this replacing clear equipment like the other site?

I'm always sending messenger down there for work I'll have to go myself next time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

Is this replacing clear equipment like the other site?

I'm always sending messenger down there for work I'll have to go myself next time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nope this was only broadcasting band 25 and 26 1.5 years ago, and then they added 8T8R alcatel band 41, then 2 week ago installed MUMIMO.