Ace41690

Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

1 hour ago, sunmybun said:
i see them randomly in the city like uppereastside, midtown, chinatown. this is by chinatown on mott st.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

They finally made it 10 x 10 on the PCS band on the tower near meScreenshot_20180903-202142_Speedtest.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, sunmybun said:

i see them randomly in the city like uppereastside, midtown, chinatown. this is by chinatown on mott st.Screenshot_20180904-143504_IOTHiddenMenu.jpeg

That's interesting, try to run speed test and open engineering again to see it in an active session. No CA on your screenshot.

17 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

That's interesting, try to run speed test and open engineering again to see it in an active session. No CA on your screenshot.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pGPKmumyenxR6QyuhF8wYtOJQ0tkQDic

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14dFuHP3DmdVA1BtpTpwfyBdX_gkIZkf0

Edited by sunmybun

17 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

They finally made it 10 x 10 on the PCS band on the tower near me

Are you sure that speed test you posted isn't 3xCA on Band 41?

4 minutes ago, sunmybun said:

Are you sure your engineering screen isn't just glitching out? Because the modulation portion of it is showing two download carriers but the download channel portion is only showing a single carrier.

Are you sure that speed test you posted isn't 3xCA on Band 41?
Yeah I messed that part up I meant to say that it was two carrier aggregation on band 41.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

Are you sure your engineering screen isn't just glitching out? Because the modulation portion of it is showing two download carriers but the download channel portion is only showing a single carrier.

i think the engineering is glitching the modulation part but in my *#0011# screen, it says b41 15mhz.  CA - notconfig 0 0

Screenshot_20180904-151802_Service mode RIL.jpg

25 minutes ago, sunmybun said:

i think the engineering is glitching the modulation part but in my *#0011# screen, it says b41 15mhz.  CA - notconfig 0 0

I'd wager that this is legit since it's broadcasting on 40142 seems to be a 4th carrier.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sunmybun said:

This could be some type of small cell, the SNR is extremely clean. Where, may I ask are you getting this? and what type of speeds? BTW, it would be nice to see the GCI as well from Signal Check pro to confirm.Can you post a screen shot of that as well, this could end up being a SC..

1 minute ago, nexgencpu said:

This could be some type of small cell, the SNR is extremely clean. Where may I ask are getting this? and what type of speeds? BTW, it would be nice to see the GCI as well from Signal Check pro to confirm.

ill post the screenshot of signalcheckpro later. I cant go into s4gru on tapatalk pro for some reason.

This is on Mott St. between Canal St. and Hester St. I am getting  about 70mbps on DL, and about 4 mbps on UL with -96dbm

b41 GCI: 01306031 PCI: 463 TAC: 2320 earfcn: 40142

• Like 1

heres the screenshot.Screenshot_20180904-160129_SignalCheck Pro.jpeg

21 minutes ago, sunmybun said:

heres the screenshot.Screenshot_20180904-160129_SignalCheck Pro.jpeg

I believe this a small cell located on Mott St and Grand st.. GCI might have changed, and SCP not detecting it as MM or SC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

I believe this a small cell located on Mott St and Grand st.. GCI might have changed, and SCP not detecting it as MM or SC.

only that pico cell that broadcast only 15 mhz band 41, and I'm not sure why, the other broadcast both 20 mhz (39965)(01304131) and 15 mhz (40142)(01304139) but no CA located at water st and john st near south street seaport. The 15 mhz always clean SNR since it only 15 mhz vs 20 mhz where other people can easily use it. (PCI: 485) Formal GCI (012A7231) & (012A7239).

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, RaigekiNYC said:

only that pico cell that broadcast only 15 mhz band 41, and I'm not sure why, the other broadcast both 20 mhz (39965)(01304131) and 15 mhz (40142)(01304139) but no CA located at water st and john st near south street seaport. The 15 mhz always clean SNR since it only 15 mhz vs 20 mhz where other people can easily use it. (PCI: 485) Formal GCI (012A7231) & (012A7239).

Since B41 spectrum availability is based on radius, if it's available might as well use it. So this doesn't surprise me considering it would just sit unused otherwise. Also, makes sense since sites are so close to each other to take advantage of some straggler spectrum, and as you said avoid interference.

• Like 1

driving through flushing to bayside on nothern blvd., ive been getting 3ca the whole time.

this is one of many 3ca sites and i get around 145mbps on DL with that signalScreenshot_20180913-091313_IOTHiddenMenu.jpeg

47 minutes ago, sunmybun said:

driving through flushing to bayside on nothern blvd., ive been getting 3ca the whole time.

this is one of many 3ca sites and i get around 145mbps on DL with that signalScreenshot_20180913-091313_IOTHiddenMenu.jpeg

Yeah this is not uncommon in NYC. You can even get over 300mbs during off peak times with the right signal strength.

• Like 2

Yeah this is not uncommon in NYC. You can even get over 300mbs during off peak times with the right signal strength.
maybe i havent been to many places.
i barely go to queens.
im usually in some parts of the bronx and i didnt see any 3ca yet.
i only stay by uppereastside and midtown in the city. i only saw 2ca so far.
also, i just got a new phone that can do alot (note 9). before that, i was using my note 7 for about 2 years.

45 minutes ago, sunmybun said:

maybe i havent been to many places.
i barely go to queens.
im usually in some parts of the bronx and i didnt see any 3ca yet.
i only stay by uppereastside and midtown in the city. i only saw 2ca so far.
also, i just got a new phone that can do alot (note 9). before that, i was using my note 7 for about 2 years.

Any place north of 167th st in the Bronx or Manhattan(due to spectrum limitations, Sprint needs to deploy non contiguous B41 CA to add third carrier and beyond)are limited to 2xCA. Every other borough, including Queens, Manhattan, BK, SI and LI are all chock-full of 3XCA.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Any place north of 167 in the Bronx or Manhattan(due to spectrum limitations, they need to deploy non contiguous B41 CA to add third carrier and beyond)is limited to 2xCA. Every other borough, including Queens, Manhattan, BK, SI and LI are all chock-full of 3XCA.

Surprised you didn't bring up the fact that hes was still using a note 7 until he just got the Note 9

• Like 5

I swear the Clear site near me in Midtown has issues every other month. It finally got 2xCA UPload and then a few weeks later there is no upload at all. They really need to replace it with MMIMO. It will go from having 100Mbps Download and 8Mbps upload to maxing out at 10Mbps download and .30Mbps upload. Tech support was helpless yesterday. 

• Like 1

thanks, nice to know~
dang..oh wells. hopefully, nyc will get more leases for spectrum in some areas. anything above 20mbps is fine with me since i use a good amount of data. i dont expect too much of Sprint because it always been good to me.
i, definitely, feel that the note 9 is a beast (in network usage) which is the same as the s9/s9+.
i do want to try out the new iphone Xs max for sprint.

as for the note 7, i opened up my note 7 and took out the note 7 battery and threw it out asap. i bought a used but fairly new Note FE battery (from the sm-n935s) and put it inside the note 7.
i lived comfortably without worrying about my phone. hehe
i bought a new phone because Sprint is gonna turn on volte soon, and note 7 will not get software updates anymore.

Saw this in Penn station today on the track level. Would never have B41 that far ground unless im on the west side of the tracks. This was all the way to the east. Pulled 100Mbps on that signal.

ypOOFq9.jpg?1

9LW9QQf.jpg

• Like 5

On 9/18/2018 at 10:32 PM, mirskyc said:

Saw this in Penn station today on the track level. Would never have B41 that far ground unless im on the west side of the tracks. This was all the way to the east. Pulled 100Mbps on that signal.

ypOOFq9.jpg?1

9LW9QQf.jpg

S4GRU always gets it first!! HAHA 

https://twitter.com/kc_holzinger/status/1042042955794661377

• Like 4

5 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

I was there on Sunday and didn't noticed it any B41. The 30mhz of PCS and the 10mhz of B26 was performing very well. It wasn't busy like weekday rush hour but it was still busy for a Sunday.

Tuesday evening I noticed the B41 and its performance was amazing. I was back there last night and hit over 150mbps on B41.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Hi guys, is this Nokia MU MIMO  antenna with Alcatel 8x8 Band 41? This locate in above Manhattan Mini Storage Building at 220 South Street. This is my home tower. Which at the moment, Band 41 is down since yesterday.

ChEQSgO.jpg

• Like 3