Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

A little M-MIMO preview action!
cUchG0q.jpg
Do you have SCP screen shots. Curious how that displays MIMO

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

Do you have SCP screen shots. Curious how that displays MIMO

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I do, but because there is nothing in particular that makes it stand out I didn't post it. GCI pattern is typical of normal Full build 8t8r type. Need NSG to identify these without visual confirmation.

4 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

This should help the congestion issues in the surrounding area when games are going on. And it was probably much cheaper than a DAS

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mirskyc said:

This should help the congestion issues in the surrounding area when games are going on. And it was probably much cheaper than a DAS

Hope so, unfortunately(for cell service, great for the community) that area has had massive development with a new shopping center temp amusement park plus the stadium and bars, making it a  nightmare for wireless carriers.

When Clearwire was deploying WiMax way back when, they opted to put a site on Yankee Stadium as opposed to a DAS too. I wonder what stops carriers from doing a DAS?

Update from 8/2/18 earnings release regarding Sprint partnership with Altice:

In November 2017, Altice USA announced a multi-year strategic agreement with Sprint whereby Altice USA will utilize Sprint’s network to provide mobile voice and data services to its customers throughout the nation. In this agreement, Sprint will provide Altice USA with access to its full MVNO model, allowing Altice USA to connect its network to the Sprint Nationwide network and have control over the Altice USA mobile features, functionality, and customer experience. In addition, Altice USA maintains the flexibility to work with other network operators without having to swap customers’ SIM cards. During the second quarter, Altice USA continued developing the core network to support this infrastructure-based MVNO including upgrading and expanding its WiFi network. The connection to Sprint microsites to support Sprint’s network densification, which will benefit Altice USA’s MVNO service, is currently running well ahead of schedule. The commercial launch of a mobile service for Altice USA customers is still on track for 2019.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

When Clearwire was deploying WiMax way back when, they opted to put a site on Yankee Stadium as opposed to a DAS too. I wonder what stops carriers from doing a DAS?

A lot of locations charge Sprint and other cell companies a lot for them to have a DAS, sometimes millions per year, depending on the site.

• Like 1

Finally, after 2 week second carrier 5x5 B25 was down, now it expanded into 10x10 band 25 second carrier is online on my home tower.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RaigekiNYC said:

Finally, after 2 week second carrier 5x5 B25 was down, now it expanded into 10x10 band 25 second carrier is online on my home tower.

I've just started noticing 10x10+5x5 running in CA so be on the look out.

• Like 6

i've still noticed not all sites have 10x10 on the second carrier. Especially in Long Island. I'' have keep a look out since I am not on B25 to often. 

Does Sprint plan on adding any small cells to help with the congestion in DUMBO? I was with my wife there the other day and although she had LTE, she could not load any websites and iMessages was not working. She has the iPhone 7 on Sprint. I am with Verizon and data speeds were around 2mbps down and data and iMessages were working just fine. I have the iPhone 6s.

I am so tempted to switch to Sprint due to the FLASH sale going on with the IPhone X for $5/month but this has made me a little hesitant and insecure about my decision and also not having VoLTE.

2 minutes ago, Wfmets45 said:

Does Sprint plan on adding any small cells to help with the congestion in DUMBO? I was with my wife there the other day and although she had LTE, she could not load any websites and iMessages was not working. She has the iPhone 7 on Sprint. I am with Verizon and data speeds were around 2mbps down and data and iMessages were working just fine. I have the iPhone 6s.

I am so tempted to switch to Sprint due to the FLASH sale going on with the IPhone X for $5/month but this has made me a little hesitant and insecure about my decision and also not having VoLTE.

Sprint is killin it in NYC, and VoLTE is launching in a couple of weeks in NYC.

41 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Sprint is killin it in NYC, and VoLTE is launching in a couple of weeks in NYC.

I thought Sprint would have some small cells to help with congestion. Do they have small cells in that area if Brooklyn?

15 minutes ago, Wfmets45 said:

I thought Sprint would have some small cells to help with congestion. Do they have small cells in that area if Brooklyn?

Yes they have a sh#t ton..

3 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Yes they have a sh#t ton..

Wow.. they must have a lot of Sprint users in the area. How many users can a small cell handle?

2 hours ago, nexgencpu said:

This is getting fun! 

CA Upload from Clearwire site in the Bronx! So it seems Samsung sites are 100% ready to go.

Still no CA UL on ALU sites..

http://imgur.com/gallery/M3zpJmb

What speeds did you get?

Just now, Wfmets45 said:

What speeds did you get?

About 5mb up with low signal(-108dBm), which is pretty solid..

The northern Bronx is stuck at 2xCA for now, so speeds are not amazing. 

Nice lil speed bump on CA UL in the Bronx from Clear site..

Screenshot_20180820-105019_Speedtest.jpg

• Like 3

i see alot of b41 15mhz in nyc. is the remaining 5mhz for volte?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, sunmybun said:

i see alot of b41 15mhz in nyc. is the remaining 5mhz for volte?

I've only seen one site posted with 15mhz of B41 in lower Manhattan, but every single other site has been 40mhz or more(not including SC)

Where are you seeing these sites, and can you post Engineering screens.

I've only seen one site posted with 15mhz of B41 in lower Manhattan, but every single other site has been 40mhz or more(not including SC)
Where are you seeing these sites, and can you post Engineering screens.
i see them randomly in the city like uppereastside, midtown, chinatown. this is by chinatown on mott st.Screenshot_20180904-143504_IOTHiddenMenu.jpeg