Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

15 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

Wednesday morning dose of M-MIMO. Took almost a week for the site to be online after removing the 8T8R equipment5ba7be5dfde5a4f314474e8155806f41.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nice!

Where is this one located?

• Like 1

@mirskyc

Here is the image for 168 Bowery M-MIMO: ASr1Jd9.jpg

Here is the added M-MIMO and live at 70 Bowery. here is the image: 224hSZW.jpg

Here is another confirmed M-MIMO and live at 92 3rd Avenue map link:https://goo.gl/maps/u4w71s94XTdg5NNy6 and image:F11d2Ik.jpg

• Like 2

At home, M-MIMO received upgrade backhaul, now my download speed doubled from 120 mbps to 240 mbps offload at 4 AM.

• Like 2

Just now, RaigekiNYC said:

At home, M-MIMO received upgrade backhaul, now my download speed doubled from 120 mbps to 240 mbps offload at 4 AM.

I've been wondering what type of backhaul site have. Do we know if any sites have been upgrade to Gigabit or even Multi Gigabit for M-MIMO sites? Some of the M-MIMO Sites I've tested at late night / early hours can barely break 200Mbps. I know I'm never going to hit the theoretical top speeds of ~700mbps but I would think we could be reaching over 300Mbps

10 minutes ago, RaigekiNYC said:

@mirskyc

Here is the image for 168 Bowery M-MIMO: ASr1Jd9.jpg

Here is the added M-MIMO and live at 70 Bowery. here is the image: 224hSZW.jpg

Here is another confirmed M-MIMO and live at 92 3rd Avenue map link:https://goo.gl/maps/u4w71s94XTdg5NNy6 and image:F11d2Ik.jpg

Thanks, Added to my Map

I picked up a V50, no 5G available in NYC yet. Drove from 42nd to 181st hit zero 5G, but speeds are super solid regardless averaging between 50-200mbs on LTE with V50.

That also might explain the ramping up of backhaul preparing for that extra 40-60Mhz that 5G will bring online.

• Like 1

I picked up a V50, no 5G available in NYC yet. Drove from 42nd to 181st hit zero 5G, but speeds are super solid regardless averaging between 50-200mbs on LTE with V50.
That also might explain the ramping up of backhaul preparing for that extra 40-60Mhz that 5G will bring online.
I've been thinking about this but I might wait for the S10 5G and sell my S10+. Or if they have a really good trade in promo for my S9 again. I kept my S9 when I bought the S10+ even though they offered $550 and it's barely worth $400 online.

I used to be a fan of LG phones but when I switched to Samsung I realized I had been missing out.

40 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

I've been thinking about this but I might wait for the S10 5G and sell my S10+. Or if they have a really good trade in promo for my S9 again. I kept my S9 when I bought the S10+ even though they offered $550 and it's barely worth $400 online.

I used to be a fan of LG phones but when I switched to Samsung I realized I had been missing out.

Its too early for me to give my definitive opinion, but so far its been solid. Screen is definitely not as good or as bright as the GS10+. Audio coming from its own speakers are definitely a step down, but its DAC performance is clearly superior over headphones. Also camera seems to exhibit less processing noise than the GS10 but its definitely slower. One thing i must say, its call performance is superior to the GS10 in call quality and VoLTE stability.

More importantly..

Radio performance seems to be as good as the GS10 or slightly better so far. Once 5G is finally activated we will see..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mirskyc said:

The S10 5G doesn’t have lowband support (600 MHz) for 5G. The Qualcomm x50 Modem doesn’t support it. It’s a first generation 5G Modem and requires a separate LTE Modem. So the S10 5G will only support 5G on T-Mobile where it has deployed Millimeter Wave.

The next version version is Qualcomm’s x55 Modem, which is an absolute monster. It uses a single chip to support from 2G to 5G and from 600 MHz to 6 GHz. (With some luck, this is what we’ll see in the iPhone 5G next year. I can’t imagine Apple would want to have two separate Modems in its devices.) We’re likely to see this in the next Samsung Note this Fall.

8 hours ago, RedSpark said:

The S10 5G doesn’t have lowband support (600 MHz) for 5G. The Qualcomm x50 Modem doesn’t support it. It’s a first generation 5G Modem and requires a separate LTE Modem. So the S10 5G will only support 5G on T-Mobile where it has deployed Millimeter Wave.

The next version version is Qualcomm’s x55 Modem, which is an absolute monster. It uses a single chip to support from 2G to 5G and from 600 MHz to 6 GHz. (With some luck, this is what we’ll see in the iPhone 5G next year. I can’t imagine Apple would want to have two separate Modems in its devices.) We’re likely to see this in the next Samsung Note this Fall.

A lot of the press believes we won't see it until January 2020 or later.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dkyeager said:

A lot of the press believes we won't see it until January 2020 or later.

If that’s the case, I don’t think we’ll see a 5G device on T-Mobile until then. I can’t imagine T-Mobile wants to launch a 5G device which lacks support for its 600 MHz 5G.

• Like 1

Just now, nexgencpu said:

Found an M-MIMO site here..

31-17 Broadway, Astoria, NY 11106

That was the first one i spotted. the new on i just spotted yesterday is Ditmars and 38th St

I added it on here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WtVBmfoB0H6ORmsTs1ei6lGNmqlbJJsU&usp=sharing

• Like 2

Sorry for all the spamming. This is my last post of the day.

M-MIMO under the 59th street bridge. These are my speeds today on the Island.

I also found at least 5 crown castle sites. Sprint is not on them, not sure who is. 1495737c95235ce94fb5037b287f4158.jpg99595de9b158fbe905840cc2c33cae7d.jpge6e482d5f41cbcd661a860207e17cab2.jpg67a0b3f4dd48caeb2d5a5c2357e8a97a.jpg6778bd94d11f18198afd4a90939d3bfb.jpg

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, mirskyc said:

Sorry for all the spamming. This is my last post of the day.

M-MIMO under the 59th street bridge. These are my speeds today on the Island.

I also found at least 5 crown castle sites. Sprint is not on them, not sure who is.

Spamming?!? No way, these are awesome! It's gorgeous out so  perfect day for it! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RedSpark said:

If that’s the case, I don’t think we’ll see a 5G device on T-Mobile until then. I can’t imagine T-Mobile wants to launch a 5G device which lacks support for its 600 MHz 5G.

T-Mobile already said they plan on carrying the S10 5G and that it'll work on their mmWave network. 

13 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

T-Mobile already said they plan on carrying the S10 5G and that it'll work on their mmWave network. 

Is it possible they’d get a tweaked version with the x55 Modem to support their 600 MHz network?

Found live 5G in BK's king plaza. Clearly was not meant for consumer use since it kept pushing me out, but did get a few speed test from 0mb lol to 150mb...

Side note: NR engineering screens were blank and SCP would show last LTE connection.

But seems to be coming real soon! Super excited.

• Like 4