Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

2 hours ago, jreuschl said:

My home of Milwaukee has made incredible gains:

• Since our previous round of testing, T-Mobile's median download speed increased from 49.3 Mbps to 294.3 Mbps.
  • T-Mobile's median upload speed increased from 14.1 Mbps to 22.7 Mbps.

Sprint and T-Mobile used to fight for the distant bottom here.

I've seen similar improvements in the Minneapolis metro area.  

• Like 2

Illinois and Indiana:

Already covered in the Wisper (Arkansas) and Watch T.V. (Ohio) transactions

Done.

3 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Northern Marianas, Hawaii, Alaska:

Are licenses in Nebraska or Kansas actually affected or is that just the region? I went through the links but at a quick glance didn't see anything related to those two states.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Are licenses in Nebraska or Kansas actually affected or is that just the region? I went through the links but at a quick glance didn't see anything related to those two states.

Nothing new in this limited time frame. Does not include lease renewals. T-mobile is grabbing what it can. 10 to 1 with 2 in court according to Fiercewireless: https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/wco-spectrum-has-1b-active-offers-buy-25-ghz-spectrum

Came across a Sprint tower tonight still broadcasting B25. I'm on TNX and my phone hopped on that due to the signal lack of good TMo signal there.  Interestingly, it is no longer using the PCS G-block. It's now centered at 1882.5/1962.5. This frees up the G-block for n25. 

• Like 5

On Friday I went to get a haircut, and across the street is a Sprint keep site on a high-tension power pole.  I was able to confirm that:

1) It's still operating with B25/26/41.

2) The 2xB41 remains co-channel with T-Mobile 2xB41.

3) The B25 G-block remains operational.

4) An additional B25 carrier is now co-channel with T-Mobile's primary B2, and was able to appear on my phone as "Sprint B2".

I could not confirm that it's running a third carrier co-channel with T-Mobile's second B25 carrier. 

- Trip

• Like 4
  • Love 1

T‑Mobile Dominates in New Report from Ookla

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/network/t-mobile-dominates-ookla-q2-2022-report

In Ookla’s Q2 Speedtest® Global Index Market Analysis United States report measuring nationwide network performance in Q2 2022, T-Mobile's network took the top spot for Overall Speed, Lowest Latency, Highest Consistency and Overall Video Score. The report also ranked the Un-carrier’s 5G network first for download speed, availability and consistency.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, 1dante said:

Has anyone spotted N25 yet? If so…what market?

This will be rough for most to see.  My Samsung A32 5g locked to T-Mobile only has n41 and n71. My Factory unlocked could do it if it is public. Could certainly see n25 if rooted and using NSG. Otherwise a spectrum analyzer is needed.

15 hours ago, dkyeager said:

This will be rough for most to see.  My Samsung A32 5g locked to T-Mobile only has n41 and n71. My Factory unlocked could do it if it is public. Could certainly see n25 if rooted and using NSG. Otherwise a spectrum analyzer is needed.

It's not enabled on the s22s yet either. They'll need to update a bunch of their models to support it once it goes live. 

I have been hunting for n25 with modular NGFF Qualcomm and Dimensity radios all week, no sign yet. G-Block is active on a few remaining co-located Sprint sites, others are completely off, physical removal began last month here.  

Includes 200GB of Hotspot per line at $50/month for 6 or more lines. Definitely says something about T-Mobile's network capacity.

Each line gets an iPhone 13, and they're throwing in all of the benefits of the Sprint/Magenta MAX Plan: Unlimited Premium Data, Unlimited In-Flight Wi-Fi, International Roaming, etc.

The Sprint/Magenta MAX plan normally comes with 40GB of Hotspot included. You can upgrade to 50GB (+$10/Month) or 100GB (+$35/Month) of Hotspot.

I guess if you need/want more Hotspot, it's an option.

Edited by RedSpark
Clarity

3 hours ago, dkyeager said:

It's impressive how quickly T-Mobile is integrating Sprint's network assets. Its dramatic improvement over the last time period in the Rootmetrics report reflects that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedSpark said:

It's impressive how quickly T-Mobile is integrating Sprint's network assets. Its dramatic improvement over the last time period in the Rootmetrics report reflects that.

The biggest improvement in a national level test for T-Mobile likely will be when the auction 108 in concluded and the 2.5 GHZ spectrum is awarded.  That won spectrum can almost immediately be turned on in T-Mobile's existing sites that already have band 41.

The 108 auction is scheduled to begin in 8 days.

• Like 5

Here is the auction 108 mapping tool.  While it is designed to work by county, you can actually see the existing license coverage nationwide.  https://fcc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=9c850f093a764fa89638e1f79bff4ec2&extent=-15411262.2446%2C412451.8577%2C-5539267.1675%2C7809110.2108%2C102100

Note: unclaimed BRS is not covered in this auction, thus a future auction will likely be required for this.

• Like 4

I'm in WV for vacation right now, and the place I'm staying at has a Sprint/VZ site on the mountain next to me 0.5 miles away. When I arrived, the site seemed to be off since I couldn't connect to it even when very close to it. I took a walk in the area a few hours later and my phone connected to the Sprint site briefly, but switched back to US Cellular roaming when I returned to where I was staying. Not sure what is going on with the site, but I'll see if I can check it out sometime soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cooltech6597 said:

I'm in WV for vacation right now, and the place I'm staying at has a Sprint/VZ site on the mountain next to me 0.5 miles away. When I arrived, the site seemed to be off since I couldn't connect to it even when very close to it. I took a walk in the area a few hours later and my phone connected to the Sprint site briefly, but switched back to US Cellular roaming when I returned to where I was staying. Not sure what is going on with the site, but I'll see if I can check it out sometime soon.

Same thing happened to me in Estes Park, CO. New strong Sprint site went up a couple years ago. When I was there last month, it seemed to be OFF.

Hopefully it's in the conversion process to T-Mo equipment.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dkyeager said:

The biggest improvement in a national level test for T-Mobile likely will be when the auction 108 in concluded and the 2.5 GHZ spectrum is awarded.  That won spectrum can almost immediately be turned on in T-Mobile's existing sites that already have band 41.

The 108 auction is scheduled to begin in 8 days.

Great point. When will we know the outcome of Auction 108?

• Like 2

T‑Mobile Delivers Industry‑Leading Postpaid Service Revenue and Cash Flow Growth in Q2 2022 and Raises Guidance Across the Board

Industry-Leading Growth in Postpaid and Broadband Customers(1)
• Postpaid net account additions of 380 thousand, best in industry and highest in company history
• Postpaid net customer additions of 1.7 million, more than AT&T and Verizon combined and highest Q2 ever
• Postpaid phone net customer additions of 723 thousand, including lower churn than Verizon for first time ever
• High Speed Internet net customer additions of 560 thousand, best in industry for third consecutive quarter

Unprecedented Pace of 5G Network Build Delivers Differentiated Customer Experience
• Extended Range 5G covers 320 million people, or 97% of Americans
• Ultra Capacity 5G covers 235 million people and approximately 87% of T-Mobile customers
• 50% of postpaid customers are now using a 5G phone, and 5G devices account for 55% of all network traffic

Commenced Sprint Network Shutdown and Will Substantially Complete Decommissioning by End of Q3
• Raising merger synergies guidance range to $5.4 to $5.6 billion in 2022

— — — — —

Industry-Leading Growth in Postpaid and Broadband Customers
 Postpaid net account additions of 380 thousand increased 32 thousand year-over-year.
• Postpaid net customer additions of 1.7 million increased 380 thousand year-over-year.
• Postpaid phone net customer additions of 723 thousand increased 96 thousand year-over-year, including higher gross additions and industry-leading churn improvement. Postpaid phone churn of 0.80% improved 7 basis points year-over-year and 13 basis points sequentially.
• Prepaid net customer additions of 146 thousand increased 70 thousand year-over-year. Prepaid churn of 2.58% was the lowest in company history and improved by 4 basis points year-over-year.
• High Speed Internet net customer additions of 560 thousand were a record-high, and T-Mobile ended the quarter with more than 1.5 million High Speed Internet customers.
 Total net customer additions of 1.8 million increased 450 thousand year-over-year and the total customer count increased to a record-high of 110 million.

• Like 3