Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Does anybody know what this is about:

Follow 

I know someone in Telecom (runs a competing carrier) who is freaking out as @realDonaldTrump continues to win. What goes around comes around

Is he referring to a potential Republican administration under Donald Trump that will allow Sprint to merge with T-Mobile? Which competing carrier CEO is he referring to?

Edited by bigsnake49

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gti-20-launched-continue-td-lte-development-and-promote-5g-industrialization-and-innovation-300225355.html

"With the success in making TD-LTE a global standard and the convergence of TDD/FDD, GTI 2.0 will continue to help the whole industry benefit from the evolution of TD-LTE, TDD/FDD converged networks and global smartphones, and promote a unified 5G standard and mature end-to-end ecosystem, as well as explore cross-industry markets and opportunities."

Interesting article. Everyone, worldwide (including T-Mobile) is looking beyond 2020 as realistic 5G commercial deployment. How the heck is Verizon going to launch their 5G next year?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Verizon has to replace their LTE release 8.0 infrastructure with newer releases to take advantage of CA, etc. So maybe they are under time pressure.

Does anybody know what this is about:

Follow

45]

0q8X-17x_bigger.jpgMarceloClaureVerified account@marceloclaure

I know someone in Telecom (runs a competing carrier) who is freaking out as @realDonaldTrump continues to win. What goes around comes around

Is he referring to a potential Republican administration under Donald Trump that will allow Sprint to merge with T-Mobile? Which competing carrier CEO is he referring to?

Maybe but Donald and Legere had a Twitter match last year. IIRC Donald said tmobile's service was horrible... Something like that

• Like 1

Yes, he is talking about John "the Legend in his own mind" Legere.

Last year. Donald "the Dumpster" Trump went off on Legere in a few tweets where one was complaining about the service and John complaining the Trump hotels being sucky. It was basically a pre-cursor of what the presidential primaries are. lol

TS

• Like 4

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gti-20-launched-continue-td-lte-development-and-promote-5g-industrialization-and-innovation-300225355.html

"With the success in making TD-LTE a global standard and the convergence of TDD/FDD, GTI 2.0 will continue to help the whole industry benefit from the evolution of TD-LTE, TDD/FDD converged networks and global smartphones, and promote a unified 5G standard and mature end-to-end ecosystem, as well as explore cross-industry markets and opportunities."

Interesting article. Everyone, worldwide (including T-Mobile) is looking beyond 2020 as realistic 5G commercial deployment. How the heck is Verizon going to launch their 5G next year?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Simple: they're gonna call something 5G that isn't actually 5G. Like what the two GSM carriers did with HSPA+ a few years ago. Unfortunately they'll probably get away with it since they're the biggest by both marketshare and mindshare.

Verizon has to replace their LTE release 8.0 infrastructure with newer releases to take advantage of CA, etc. So maybe they are under time pressure.

I think their oldest B13 installs are actually rel 7. Pretty crazy. They certainly need to catch up there.

According to

this Reddit thread Sprint has brought back 2-year contracts/subsidies for new customers (except for the 50% plans).

I wonder what all VZW did when deploying AWS LTE.  That should be CA compatible and there are some places where VZW could do B4+B4 from their holdings.  Then they are actively deploying PCS LTE as well so I am sure they can do B4+B2 / B2+B4. 

Just wonder if and to what extent they have upgraded 700.

Even if they don't CA with 700, I don't think they will be losing much other than maximum peak speeds. 

Check out @marceloclaure's Tweet: https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/702372927212232704?s=09

Well well look who Marcelo was hanging out with in Barcelona.

Edit

Also looks like the listening tour is coming to the big Apple next week

Check out @marceloclaure's Tweet: https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/702368742706188288?s=09

That tweet made me smile more than it should have.

Verizon has been upgrading sites with new equipment. I would think its release 10 or better.

Perception? Fantasy??? Root Metrics thinks Verizon IS the best. It is reality.

The operative part of my post was the word FURTHER. The attempt to take it further with faux 5G is the fantasy part.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If 5G could make more efficient use of the available spectrum, then that could solve capacity issues in places. It'd be dumb for them no to be looking into it at some level.

Who said not to look into it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The issue I have isn't with looking into 5G, it's Verizon talking about 5G being commercially viable far before any realistic timeline of 5G hitting the market. No handset will likely be able to support 5G before 2020. I could be wrong and there could be revolutionary innovations in antennas and basebands, but that is literally what it would take for 5G to be a technology that is commercially viable for smartphones and other mobile devices.

There's lots of good work going on over on the vendor side for 5G but the standard itself isn't really close to being finalized.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

If 5G could make more efficient use of the available spectrum, then that could solve capacity issues in places. It'd be dumb for them no to be looking into it at some level.

I agree to this, good point!

However, and this isn't being judgmental of the carriers, but somehow I think their main goal is speed. Then again, perhaps my mind is too focused on all of the spectrum swapping I'm much in favor of.

Although, I'd be more supportive of this "5G", if there were some very highly potential standards being mentioned, such as 5GE or something.

Yes, he is talking about John "the Legend in his own mind" Legere.

Last year. Donald "the Dumpster" Trump went off on Legere in a few tweets where one was complaining about the service and John complaining the Trump hotels being sucky. It was basically a pre-cursor of what the presidential primaries are. lol

TS

Perhaps if Donald Trump doesn't win the election, he could buy T-Mobile and make it great again!

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/google-build-rcs-android-sprint-only-us-carrier-voicing-support/2016-02-24

Glad Sprint is on board early. 1 down 3 to go.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

That's such a botched article though. Starts with points about Google embedded RCS and ends with them pushing their OTT Jive app.

That's such a botched article though. Starts with points about Google embedded RCS and ends with them pushing their OTT Jive app.

Did you read the same article I did? Google will be releasing an RCS client that will work across many Android devices. Google embedding RCS into Android is never mentioned except as something that they won't be doing.
  • Like 3

It's Jibe, not Jive and i didn't know Google had bought Jibe. Sprint has been using this rcs system since i had the HTC Evo 4G LTE and it does work pretty good. In other words kiddies, the messaging plus

app.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

Perhaps that's reflective of the feedback Marcelo got on his "Listening Tour".