Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

GOT IT!! THANKS !! Now we just need band 26 and Phoenix might be set !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Need b26 in the northern part of Columbus, OH 43215 all the way to North to Canada and I'll be set...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-02-20-09-31-58.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-02-20-09-31-47.png here is anohter example this is band 41 CA the most i get here is 45mbs and a iPhone 6 gets 17 you think that's back haul ?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

An easier screenshot is simply typing in ##debug# and selecting LTE Engineering. That shows you both serving cells and EARFCNs.

I have seen this before. Its like they turn on 2x CA without the right amount of backhaul.

That's how my home site is, it's a clear site and the highest speeds I have gotten are about 25Mbps with CA enabled. Doesn't matter if it's 4am or 12pm.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

That's how my home site is, it's a clear site and the highest speeds I have gotten are about 25Mbps with CA enabled. Doesn't matter if it's 4am or 12pm.

The site I seen this on was a 8t8r sprint site. As a band 41 non ca site it was fast with peak speeds of over 60 and 70 during 2 or 3 am. It actually got slower with CA with peak speeds even that early only capping out at 30 mbps.

The site I seen this on was a 8t8r sprint site. As a band 41 non ca site it was fast with peak speeds of over 60 and 70 during 2 or 3 am. It actually got slower with CA with peak speeds even that early only capping out at 30 mbps.

Thats odd. How can i tell if this is a clear site?

Thats odd. How can i tell if this is a clear site?

The PLMN and the GCI will be different. That looks like a Sprint site. If an iPhone 6 is only getting 17, it would make sense that a CA device has trouble pushing 40. CA double the available bandwidth, but if that is limited to start with, the total available will be less.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

The PLMN and the GCI will be different. That looks like a Sprint site. If an iPhone 6 is only getting 17, it would make sense that a CA device has trouble pushing 40. CA double the available bandwidth, but if that is limited to start with, the total available will be less.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Sounds like there is not enough back haul here

Really the tower is .02 miles away

Most likely the sector is not pointed to your location. You're on the edge.  RSRP of -110 is weak.  20Mbps+ is great for that signal strength.  Try getting RSRP better than -95.  You will see a speed boost.

Good to know whats good ?

anything better than -110.   I see 60-90Mbps easy from -65 to -100.  Not at -110  :D

NGN Spotted?

Nokia Networks Flexi Zone Mini-Macro BTS 2x20W

t330ZSy.jpg

It was announced last month and little info is to be had on it. It's not gone through the FCC either meaning this is most likely a live field test site . 

• Like 9

Very exciting. If this is NGN small cells it is definitely more equipment than I thought would have been necessary though. I thought these things were supposed to be one small module with power going to it... Not separate base units, antennas, and microwave.

Very exciting. If this is NGN small cells it is definitely more equipment than I thought would have been necessary though. I thought these things were supposed to be one small module with power going to it... Not separate base units, antennas, and microwave.

No Microwave. Think of it like an airave of sorts that uses existing B41 as back haul. Like a coworker only gets 5 mbps at edge of cell but the existing macro has like 50 mbps bandwidth close to the macro. So the total mbps would be 50 mbps, extended beyond the existing macro footprint. Or something like that.

No Microwave. Think of it like an airave of sorts that uses existing B41 as back haul. Like a coworker only gets 5 mbps at edge of cell but the existing macro has like 50 mbps bandwidth close to the macro. So the total mbps would be 50 mbps, extended beyond the existing macro footprint. Or something like that.

The cell in the picture doesn't appear to have a B41 relay antenna. They're not going to use LTE relay for every cell. It'll be a mix of backhaul solutions on a site by site basis, and in this case they decided to use microwave backhaul.
  • Like 1

Galaxy Forever, the companion to iPhone Forever finally arrives:

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/introducing-galaxy-forever-only-from-sprint-gives-customers-annual-upgrade-to-samsung-flagship-galaxy-smartphones.htm?previousArticle=0&nextArticle=12139&gotoArt=%2Fnews-releases%2Fintroducing-galaxy-forever-only-from-sprint-gives-customers-annual-upgrade-to-samsung-flagship-galaxy-smartphones.htm

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), February 21, 2016 - Sprint (NYSE:S) is making it easier than ever for customers to get their hands on the new Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge – for a limited time, new and existing Sprint customers can lease or buy one Galaxy S7 or S7 edge and get a second one for half the price. Get two Galaxy S7, two Galaxy S7 edge or one of each with this great deal.

In addition, Sprint is now offering the innovative, new Galaxy Forever1 program. Sprint customers who lease the new Samsung Galaxy S7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 edge can upgrade to the latest Galaxy smartphone any time after making 12 payments on a Sprint Lease. The Galaxy Forever process is simple:

• Beginning March 11, lease the latest generation of the Samsung Galaxy series at any Sprint store, sprint.com or 1-800-SPRINT1 and confirm that you wish to participate in Galaxy Forever.
  • Make 12 payments on your Galaxy Forever Sprint Lease.
  • Upgrade to the next Samsung Galaxy flagship device with a quick and easy return of the used device in exchange for the latest and greatest smartphone.

Customers can also save big on rate plans by switching to Sprint and taking advantage of the biggest wireless offer in U.S. history. Customers can switch to Sprint and get 50 percent off most AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon rate plans. In addition, Sprint will pay switching fees up to $650 per line.2

“We’re inviting consumers to join the millions of customers who have switched to Sprint with an offer that lets everyone get their hands on each new generation of Samsung Galaxy smartphones from Sprint every year,” said Marcelo Claure, Sprint CEO. “With Galaxy Forever, our customers can easily swap out their new GS7 or GS7 edge for the next generation after just 12 payments of less than $26 per month – that is less than a dollar a day. There has never been a better time to get your hands on the hottest Samsung Galaxy smartphones from Sprint.”

Sprint makes it affordable and convenient to get the hottest, new Samsung smartphones:

• Galaxy Forever: Upgrade to the latest Galaxy smartphone after 12 monthly lease payments
    • Samsung Galaxy S7 - $25.99 per month for 24 months with upgrade available after 12 payments, get a second one for $12.99 per month for 24 months after a $13.00 service credit and with upgrade available after 12 payments
    • Samsung Galaxy S7 edge – $30.50 per month for 24 months with upgrade available after 12 payments, get a second one for just $15.25 per month for 24 months after $15.25 service credit and with upgrade available after 12 payments
  • Installment Billing: Own the phone after completing convenient monthly payments
    • Samsung Galaxy S7 - $27.09 per month for 24 months, get a second one for just $13.54 per month for 24 months after a $13.55 service credit
    • Samsung Galaxy S7 edge – $31.25 per month for 24 months, get a second one for just $15.62 per month for 24 months after a $15.63 service credit

• Like 6

This is basically the 1 year upgrade program. Iphone was better because as soon as the new iphone came out you could upgrade.

The original iphone forever was better. But 2 months ago they changed it to the same as this. 12 payments and you can upgrade. You can pay the remaining payments needes to make you upgrade eligible at any time.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I wonder why there isn't an LG G Forever program along with this. Could this mean the LG G5 may not be available on Sprint, like how the V10 wasn't?

By the way, I may be switching to the G5 for the B&O HiFi device. I'm a huge fan of B&O, use to spend alot of time talking with employees of the company and know alot of great things about them, very good people there.

Anyways, I'm surprised that this turned into a Galaxy Forever deal, rather than an Android Forever deal, as I thought it was suppose to be.

• Like 1