Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Question about carrier aggregation. So for Sprint. Carrier aggregation is software enabled, there is no need to send tech to the cell site. Does that apply to the other 3 carriers? One of the main advantage of network vision that Hesse touted a few years back was that when the time came for carrier aggregation sprint just turned the switch and it is on. If the other 3 networks can do the same then there is really no advantage.

It's gonna be the faux-G HSPA fiasco all over again, isn't it.  :wall:

I wonder who will dare to be the first to actually "launch" and label on phone status bars a non-standardized tech as 5G. Last time it was AT&T, right?

Probably Verizon, and on top of that they will continue to stamp android phones on the back 5G super LTE network.

Then Tmobile will be the first one to react to Verizon since Legere is now at war with big red.

Seriously this is basically marketing, and I read a lot of articles about the race for the faster network in America.

Nokia networks executives to Verizon in 2015 :Well Lowell looks like Sprint is about to become the faster LTE network network in America. They have a huge advantage on spectrum.

Verizon executives :we can't allows that to happen, we need to come with a gimmick like 5g faux. Sprint will clobber us if we just keep the same tech we have now.

Anyways in a serious note Verizon will have to do carrier aggregation in all bands they own in order to match Sprint speeds.

Final note. the purpose of the 8T8R anntenas is to eventually deploy 8x8 MIMO when that tech is available years from now, let's see how big red Mach that.

• Like 2

As good as it is to see Sprint do so well in the Vegas Root Metrics report, it is quite surprising to see Verizon do so poorly, even worse than T-Mobile did. I wonder what kind of chaos is going on over at Verizon corporate about this.

Seriously this is basically marketing, and I read a lot of articles about the race for the faster network in America.

Nokia networks executives to Verizon in 2015 :Well Lowell looks like Sprint is about to become the faster LTE network network in America. They have a huge advantage on spectrum.

Verizon executives :we can't allows that to happen, we need to come with a gimmick like 5g faux. Sprint will clobber us if we just keep the same tech we have now.

Anyways in a serious note Verizon will have to do carrier aggregation in all bands they own in order to match Sprint speeds.

Final note. the purpose of the 8T8R anntenas is to eventually deploy 8x8 MIMO when that tech is available years from now, let's see how big red Mach that.

Link to that article..

http://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/story/sprints-ability-offer-blazing-peak-speeds-worries-rivals-says-nokia-exec/2014-09-15

Wimax is alive and kicking in all kinds of fixed wireless scenarios and will be for the immediate and near term future and probably even longer.

Wimax technology is not specific to b41 or sprint.

It just doesn't apply to mobile anymore.

• Like 2

Question about carrier aggregation. So for Sprint. Carrier aggregation is software enabled, there is no need to send tech to the cell site. Does that apply to the other 3 carriers? One of the main advantage of network vision that Hesse touted a few years back was that when the time came for carrier aggregation sprint just turned the switch and it is on. If the other 3 networks can do the same then there is really no advantage.

Definite no for Verizon B13. I think it also requires a site visit on old AT&T sites, but I could be wrong on that. (I'm guessing their original RRUs from the original B17 rollout might not be able to handle it?) Not sure about the rest. And Sprint is still at an advantage because nobody else can run two 3xCA chains on their equipment even if they had the spectrum for it.
  • Like 1

Too bad sprint has wasted a lot of this advantage. The delays in NV 1.0 is the only thing allowing this 5g talk to keep their rivals in the peak speed game. Imagine if sprint's network evolution hadn't lost a year and a half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too bad sprint has wasted a lot of this advantage. The delays in NV 1.0 is the only thing allowing this 5g talk to keep their rivals in the peak speed game. Imagine if sprint's network evolution hadn't lost a year and a half.

No to mention 2014 was spent on the whole Tmobile stuff instead of coming with a densification project plan. We had to wait until 2015 for them to draw plans for it.

The folks at Overland Park need to understand that the twin bells might not overreact fast regarding phone plans and promotions, but when it comes to network they will move right away especially Verizon who bet the company future on wireless. They will not allow to be threatened in that business.

Not everything has gone according to plan for Sprint, like wimax shutdown delays and priority markets etc..

But at the end of the day, the spectrum crunch is real, and Sprint is already in the process of deploying 3x CA. I seriously think it will be tough for the other carriers to match this for the forseable future.

600mhz is not the answer, and that is why you hear all this nonsense talk about 5G.

Just got an offer from Sprint for "Get 12 lease payments on us and a $10/mo. service credit after that for the iPhone 6s."

This is for current subscribers that activate a new line.

It breaks down to: $0 for 12 months and $16.39/mo for 6 months after monthly service credit.

• Like 1

Just got an offer from Sprint for "Get 12 lease payments on us and a $10/mo. service credit after that for the iPhone 6s."

It breaks down to: $0 for 12 months and $16.39/mo for 6 months after monthly service credit.

Are you on a Legacy Plan, etc.? Do you have a lot of lines?

Check out @marceloclaure's Tweet: https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/702372927212232704?s=09

Well well look who Marcelo was hanging out with in Barcelona.

Edit

Also looks like the listening tour is coming to the big Apple next week

Check out @marceloclaure's Tweet: https://twitter.com/marceloclaure/status/702368742706188288?s=09

• Like 2

5G is nothing more than marketing spin to build further perception of the fantasy that Verizon is best.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

Perception? Fantasy??? Root Metrics thinks Verizon IS the best. It is reality.

5G to Verizon is their dream of charging $5,000 per gb, if only people were stupid enough to pay that for their service, say the speeds were really 10 G per second, not some sort of "theoretical" speed. This rush to 5G is really nonsense, as 4G is plenty fast for the most part, except for congestion.

As I've mentioned recently, carriers would be better off trying to resolve congestion on their networks and to increase capacity.

• Like 1

ED 1500 with several lines. Just ported 2 from Verizon.

I'd suggest sticking with the Legacy ED 1500 plan.

Personally, I would have to be Forced Off of my ED 1500 plan by Sprint to change.

I have yet to see any plans that are better.

• Like 2

You still need to have 3 physical cards for 3x aggregation on band 41. or a second carrier card on band25. Unless of course you already had them installed.

Edited by bigsnake49

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gti-20-launched-continue-td-lte-development-and-promote-5g-industrialization-and-innovation-300225355.html

"With the success in making TD-LTE a global standard and the convergence of TDD/FDD, GTI 2.0 will continue to help the whole industry benefit from the evolution of TD-LTE, TDD/FDD converged networks and global smartphones, and promote a unified 5G standard and mature end-to-end ecosystem, as well as explore cross-industry markets and opportunities."

Interesting article. Everyone, worldwide (including T-Mobile) is looking beyond 2020 as realistic 5G commercial deployment. How the heck is Verizon going to launch their 5G next year?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk