Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

The chat works very well, but I have the same problem. Last two times I needed something had to keep checking back all day until it was available.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

This has been happening more and more to me as well. And since I'm a SERO customer I'm routed to Employee Care, which is a different set of employees. Usually it had better availability than regular customer chat, but here lately it's been worse. I don't have to contact too often, but when I do it's maddening when chat isn't available and I'm on hold for 15 minutes on the phone.

This has been happening more and more to me as well. And since I'm a SERO customer I'm routed to Employee Care, which is a different set of employees. Usually it had better availability than regular customer chat, but here lately it's been worse. I don't have to contact too often, but when I do it's maddening when chat isn't available and I'm on hold for 15 minutes on the phone.

I can hardly ever get it to work, either.  Why would they offer a feature that is only randomly available?  I could understand like a M thru F 9-5 type of thing but it seems to be entirely random.  I don't understand it.

Does anyone know anything further regarding chat?  Perhaps one of our members who also works for Sprint?  I hope they improve its availability because when it does work, it's quite useful. 

I can hardly ever get it to work, either. Why would they offer a feature that is only randomly available? I could understand like a M thru F 9-5 type of thing but it seems to be entirely random. I don't understand it.

Does anyone know anything further regarding chat? Perhaps one of our members who also works for Sprint? I hope they improve its availability because when it does work, it's quite useful.

Don't work for Sprint, but as I understand it, the chat button automatically appears/disappears based on wait time for an agent.
  • Like 5

I recently used chat for my international issues. There was no wait, ended up talking with them for about an hour. Didn't get my problem solved but got through at least. By the way if you have an iPhone and can't connect to a network while roaming international try restore the to factory settings and doing a restore from iCloud. I figured that out on my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Why would they offer a feature that is only randomly available?

Because when you think of chat you think of instantaneous or near instantaneous communication. If they have a certain number of people already waiting to chat, and it is clear they cannot offer that near instantaneous experience,  from a customer service stand point it makes a lot more sense not to present the option to further people until queues decline (and preventing people from getting in line is a very effective way of doing that).

From what I read in the Reddit thread, these are IL call centers, aka, most of us. The CL call centers, aka business or Corporate Liable, are still staying open. Playing favorites with business customers is not a smart move, especially when a large majority of customers are most likely individuals. I sure hope this announcement of the closing call centers doesn't make investors mad come morning, prompting a large sell off like we just started getting out of.

Business customers on average are going to have more lines on an account and spend more than your average retail consumer customer. Even a small business that has people in the field may have 10+ lines. It absolutely makes sense to cater to them.

The market obviously isn't open today, but for a company in Sprint's current position that needs to cut costs (and management has said they'll cut $2.5 billion in costs) things like this are going to be acknowledged favorably by investors and analysts.

• Like 1

I recently used chat for my international issues. There was no wait, ended up talking with them for about an hour. Didn't get my problem solved but got through at least. By the way if you have an iPhone and can't connect to a network while roaming international try restore the to factory settings and doing a restore from iCloud. I figured that out on my own.

Every time I read about somebody having a problem with Open World/Global Roaming there always seems to be an iPhone involved. At any rate, glad that you were able to troubleshoot your issue. How's the service been in Iceland?

Every time I read about somebody having a problem with Open World/Global Roaming there always seems to be an iPhone involved. At any rate, glad that you were able to troubleshoot your issue. How's the service been in Iceland?

Didn't get it working until I got to the Netherlands, but great here.

• Like 1

Look past the hate in this post. But here is why TMO is doing well - they hit back with information.

And yes it's not all accurate. But I also don't see large churn either.

https://www.facebook.com/JohnJLegere/videos/1503434526628761/

• Like 2

Great response from Sprint. And very quick considering Sprints history!

They've got a new person transitioning into marketing, replacing Kevin Crull.

Link: Kevin Crull Appointed Sprint President for the Central Area; Roger Solé Appointed Chief Marketing Officer

Not sure if Roger has already taken over the role, but this is a sign of new blood in there for sure.

• Like 2

Hmmm sine South and North Dakota are on the central list I wonder if they will expand out that way now?

• Like 3

Not bad. But doesn't seem to catch your attention.

But today they ran the commercials with Verizon during football.  It was very powerful that way.  To see them almost back to back.

• Like 6

Ladies (if there are any) & gents, can we please steer the conversation into a more anti-Sprint and pro-TMO course? Not enough Houston_Texas likes this.

Humble thanks

I thought the tmo commercial with the balls was much better then sprints. They only showed it once though that I saw.