Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

I thought the tmo commercial with the balls was much better then sprints. They only showed it once though that I saw.

The one where you have to read all of the blurbs? That one wasn't for TV. The new one they made that is for TV actually isn't much better than Sprint's version.

After watching the Tmo commercial, yeah it was better

But does sprint have that many points to make as Tmo?

Regardless, it's good to see Tmo and sprint specifically going after the top dog. I don't see att targeting Verizon!

While I am pro sprint again it's good to see BOTH Tmo and Sprint taking in VZW..... these commercials are about as close as they can get working together.

Now redo Verizon commercial with everyone running through the little door

• Like 4

i didn't realize that...

Agreed

Nearly every one of your recent posts requires staff action.  You need to fix your iPhone or Tapatalk double posting problem.  Or use a different means to post.

AJ

• Like 1

See this Blog Post by John Saw, Sprint CTO:

Sprint’s New LTE Plus Network Delivers the Fastest LTE Download Speeds

Some great content in this post about the Nielsen Mobile Performance Rankings vs. RootMetrics vs. Ookla.

LTE Plus is apparently in 150 Markets now. Wow. "Talk Less, Do More" indeed.

• Like 10

See this Blog Post by John Saw, Sprint CTO:

Sprint’s New LTE Plus Network Delivers the Fastest LTE Download Speeds

Some great content in this post about the Nielsen Mobile Performance Rankings vs. RootMetrics vs. Ookla.

LTE Plus is apparently in 150 Markets now. Wow. "Talk Less, Do More" indeed.

They cite Ookla speedtests as their third partner.  I look at them and Sprint tends to be last in most cases there.  At least, according to http://www.speedtest.net/awards/us/.  Is there that much of a variation from RootMetric's median ratings to Ookla's crowd-sourced average speeds? 

Interesting to see Neilson's report on T-Mobile's data speeds from November to present.  BingeOn and that unlimited data promo seems to really be doing a number on their network.

• Like 2

They cite Ookla speedtests as their third partner.  I look at them and Sprint tends to be last in most cases there.  At least, according to http://www.speedtest.net/awards/us/.  Is there that much of a variation from RootMetric's median ratings to Ookla's crowd-sourced average speeds? 

Interesting to see Neilson's report on T-Mobile's data speeds from November to present.  BingeOn and that unlimited data promo seems to really be doing a number on their network.

As with all marketing this is spin they do not mention ookla other than to say it is a speedtest that tells you how fast you can go if no speed restrictions. Nielsen shows how fast people are going doing normal daily tasks. RootMetric shows sprint is improving data speeds.

BingeOn will always hurt Nielsen's test because Tmobile throttles video to 1.5 Mbps so that kills their average. Verizon and ATT most like likely don't hit peak speeds because people probably don't stream as much video on those plans because of data limits(They don't use as much data per month as Sprint and T-Mobile).

• Like 1

I see only a mention of using small cells to densify the network in the release, nothing about Macro sites.  Was anything mentioned on the call about more macro sites to densify/expand coverage?

I see only a mention of using small cells to densify the network in the release, nothing about Macro sites. Was anything mentioned on the call about more macro sites to densify/expand coverage?

They said they will be using crowd sourced data to find density and infill locations and will use whatever makes the most sense for that area. If the area is large enough to justify a macro site, and reasonable leasing terms can be had, they would likely use a macro site.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 1

I spoke via tweeter with a rep from Sprint CEO team about letting Sprint install on my property since I'm in ideal location (I live on a hill, fiber under my driveway and the AT&T dslam is literally next door to my house...) and they sent me to a site called Sprint NPS (national property services). I haven't heard back from them yet but if I do get into something like that, I'll keep everyone posted here.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 12

I spoke via tweeter with a rep from Sprint CEO team about letting Sprint install on my property since I'm in ideal location (I live on a hill, fiber under my driveway and the AT&T dslam is literally next door to my house...) and they sent me to a site called Sprint NPS (national property services). I haven't heard back from them yet but if I do get into something like that, I'll keep everyone posted here.

You could make serious bank off of that! 

• Like 1

well shoot, i have a back yard, i want a macro site, i would even settle for a small cell... I will even waive my rental fee for a year or two in exchange for free service for me and my family for life!  :lol:

• Like 2

On a serious note, I would gladly do it without money in exchange for for service. Not really looking to get rich from it, but benefit from it via service and mark down on Bill would be great

Someone I know had a cell tower put on their property and they are paid a $5,000 monthly lease fee. Long-term lease, too, though I can't remember the exact term. Still want that service credit? ;)

• Like 4

Was it this site?

Submission form

Let us know how it turns out!  :)

Someone I know had a cell tower put on their property and they are paid a $5,000 monthly lease fee. Long-term lease, too, though I can't remember the exact term. Still want that service credit? ;)

It was more a joke, tower and billboard lease payments can be big money. as they say location location location.

some good info on the topic.

http://www.cell-tower-leases.com/Cell-Tower-Lease-Rates.html

• Like 1

Yep. I tried emailing the address they gave me in Twitter but it was returned, so they told me they would send my info to their internal contact for that site. But yeah that's it. I didn't visit the links you posted but I know the address in the post above is the same as what they gave.

Ideally I'm in a great spot for a small cell...edge of the towers 8 miles away, fiber under my driveway, directly next door on same side of road also as AT&T dslam...and a slight hill for better elevation sake. Maybe they will look into it and follow up with me