Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

10 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Any other news come out of this Town Hall?

Other than attempting to show how well we're holding up this flimsy house of cards? Not really.

But, for what it's worth, I continue to experience fantastic speeds and improved service here in Atlanta. More coverage holes (like my job) have been filled recently. Pretty cool despite minimum investment!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JonnygATL said:

But, for what it's worth, I continue to experience fantastic speeds and improved service here in Atlanta. More coverage holes (like my job) have been filled recently. Pretty cool despiste minimum investment!

I noticed this when I was in Detroit this past weekend. Before service in the RenCen was nonexistent or unusable if you actually managed to grab an LTE connection. This year seemed to be better in that I actually got decent speeds deep inside the building where I could barely hit 200Kbps with worthless band 26 before. Speeds weren't amazing (10-30Mbps) but it was actually usable. T-Mobile was almost completely unusable the entire time and Verizon (who has a DAS in there) was extremely slow. I also noticed improvements at the airport. 

Test I did one night in the main ballroom:

Sprint DL/UL: 14.4Mbps/810Kbps

T-Mobile DL/UL: 8.21Mbps/830Kbps

Verizon DL/UL: 2.12Mbps/7.46Mbps

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Brad The Beast said:

I noticed this when I was in Detroit this past weekend. Before service in the RenCen was nonexistent or unusable if you actually managed to grab an LTE connection. This year seemed to be better in that I actually got decent speeds deep inside the building where I could barely hit 200Kbps with worthless band 26 before. Speeds weren't amazing (10-30Mbps) but it was actually usable. T-Mobile was almost completely unusable the entire time and Verizon (who has a DAS in there) was extremely slow. I also noticed improvements at the airport. 

Test I did one night in the main ballroom:

Sprint DL/UL: 14.4Mbps/810Kbps

T-Mobile DL/UL: 8.21Mbps/830Kbps

Verizon DL/UL: 2.12Mbps/7.46Mbps

For me, it's happening more often and more places where Sprint is the best performing.

Robert

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Brad The Beast said:

Another coverage map update today. 5G expansion seems to be continuing at a good pace (except for Chicago for some reason). I'm seeing live 5G sites well outside of metro LA and other sites expanding outwards from the first 9 cities. 

Looks like in the NYC market 5G is starting to spread to parts of North Jersey and Long Island. It's pretty cool to see the pace that Sprint is deploying 5G at.

• Like 5

Looks like in the NYC market 5G is starting to spread to parts of North Jersey and Long Island. It's pretty cool to see the pace that Sprint is deploying 5G at.
I find that inspiring.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Like 1

RootMetrics 2H 2019 RootScore Reports: 

On 9/28/2019 at 7:30 PM, Brad The Beast said:

Baton Rouge, LA - Median download speed decreased from 17.6Mbps to 11.5Mbps

Boise, ID - Median download speed increased from 10.7Mbps to 18.9Mbps

Cincinnati, OH - Median download speed increased from 21.6Mbps to 31.1Mbps

Colorado Springs, CO - Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 39.5 Mbps.

Concord, CA -  Median download speed increased from 18.5Mbps to 32.1Mbps

Dayton, OH - Median download speed increased from 19.6Mbps to 28.2Mbps

El Paso, TX - Sprint had the fastest median download speed at 27.2Mbps, down from from 28.5Mbps on the last report

Fresno, CA - Median download speed decreased from 15.8Mbps to 10Mbps. 

Hartford, CT - Median download speed decreased from 24.3Mbps to 17.7Mbps.

Jackson, MS - Median download speed increased from 1.7Mbps (wow that's amazingly bad) to 17Mbps. (10x increase)

Las Vegas, NV - Sprint had the fastest median download speed at 46.5Mbps, up from 45.7Mbps on the last report. 

Madison, WI - Median download speed decreased from 12.2Mbps to 9Mbps

McAllen, TX - Median download speed increased from 10.5Mbps to 20.7Mbps. 

Minneapolis, MN - Median download speed increased from 24.1Mbps to 33.7Mbps. 

Portland, OR - Median download speed increased from 23.4Mbps to 43Mbps (wow!)

Provo, UT - Sprint had the fastest median download speed at 33.9Mbps, down from 37.8Mbps. 

San Jose, CA - Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 46.4Mbps, up from 37.4Mbps.

Sarasota, FL - Median download speed decreased from 22.6Mbps to 14.1Mbps. 

Seattle, WA - "During outdoor walking tests in the dense urban core of Seattle, Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 45.0 Mbps".

Spokane, WA - Median download speed increased from 29.6Mbps to 39.8Mbps. 

Syracuse, NY - Median download speed decreased from 36.9Mbps to 25.3Mbps. 

Temecula, CA - Median download speed decreased from 24.2Mbps to 15.1Mbps. 

Tuscon, AZ - Median download speed increased from 28.4Mbps to 42.6Mbps. 

Ann Arbor, MI - Median download speed decreased from 33.2Mbps to 18.4Mbps. (ouch)

Austin, TX - Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 25.8Mbps. 

Boston, MA - Median download speed decreased from 30.2Mbps to 20.6Mbps. 

Chattanooga, TN - Median download speed decreased from 25.6 to 19.5Mbps.

Corpus Christi, TX - Median download speed increased from 27.1Mbps to 36.2Mbps.

Durham, NC - Median download speed increased from 9.7Mbps to 15.5Mbps. 

Louisville, KY - Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 31.4Mbps. 

Miami, FL - Median download speed decreased from 19.4Mbps to 13.9Mbps.

NYC and the Tri-State area - "During outdoor walking tests in the dense urban core of New York, Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 66.9 Mbps..." (impressive)

Sacramento, CA - Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 42.5Mbps, up from 35.5Mbps on the last report.

Stockton, CA - Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 27.4Mbps, down from 33.3Mbps on the last report.

Winston-Salem, NC - Median download speed increased from 9.5Mbps to 12.4Mbps. 

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.pcmag.com/news/372379/sprint-plans-much-cheaper-5g-phones

Sprint owns 160-190MHz of prime mid-band spectrum in much of the country, but it's only using 120MHz. Even that's up from when its 5G network started; in some cities such as New York, it was using 60MHz for 4G and only 40MHz for 5G. That's up to 60/60 in all of its nine markets, Sullivan said, offering improved 5G speeds. It's also moved uploads to 5G, improving upload speeds.

So what about the other 40-70MHz? That could double Sprint's 5G speeds from what we're seeing now. The problem is hardware availability, Sullivan said.

"We're working with our network manufacturers on when they can actually produce a massive MIMO radio head upgrade that can actually support more than 60MHz. So it is a limitation," he said. "Ultimately, getting to 100MHz or more on the NR [5G] side is our goal."

So confirmation here that they're using 5G for uploads. I wasn't sure if this was doable for NSA.

• Like 3

Outgoing call issues from Sprint phones to Windstream landlines not working in Ohio.

Have tested from all of our lines in the Columbus market, phones from the Cincinnati market and some friends from the Columbus area.

Also have confirmation that some in the Columbus market have complained to local stores.

Anyone able to look into this or have similar issues?

Also, same issue with Android and iPhones, volte on and off.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

On 11/15/2019 at 4:31 PM, Brad The Beast said:

RootMetrics 2H 2019 RootScore Reports: 

Ann Arbor, MI - Median download speed decreased from 33.2Mbps to 18.4Mbps. (ouch)

Austin, TX - Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 25.8Mbps. 

Baton Rouge, LA - Median download speed decreased from 17.6Mbps to 11.5Mbps

Boise, ID - Median download speed increased from 10.7Mbps to 18.9Mbps

Boston, MA - Median download speed decreased from 30.2Mbps to 20.6Mbps. 

Chattanooga, TN - Median download speed decreased from 25.6 to 19.5Mbps.

Cincinnati, OH - Median download speed increased from 21.6Mbps to 31.1Mbps

Colorado Springs, CO - Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 39.5 Mbps.

Concord, CA -  Median download speed increased from 18.5Mbps to 32.1Mbps

Corpus Christi, TX - Median download speed increased from 27.1Mbps to 36.2Mbps.

Dayton, OH - Median download speed increased from 19.6Mbps to 28.2Mbps

Durham, NC - Median download speed increased from 9.7Mbps to 15.5Mbps. 

El Paso, TX - Sprint had the fastest median download speed at 27.2Mbps, down from from 28.5Mbps on the last report

Fresno, CA - Median download speed decreased from 15.8Mbps to 10Mbps. 

Hartford, CT - Median download speed decreased from 24.3Mbps to 17.7Mbps.

Jackson, MS - Median download speed increased from 1.7Mbps (wow that's amazingly bad) to 17Mbps. (10x increase)

Las Vegas, NV - Sprint had the fastest median download speed at 46.5Mbps, up from 45.7Mbps on the last report. 

Louisville, KY - Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 31.4Mbps. 

Madison, WI - Median download speed decreased from 12.2Mbps to 9Mbps

McAllen, TX - Median download speed increased from 10.5Mbps to 20.7Mbps. 

Miami, FL - Median download speed decreased from 19.4Mbps to 13.9Mbps.

Minneapolis, MN - Median download speed increased from 24.1Mbps to 33.7Mbps. 

NYC and the Tri-State area - "During outdoor walking tests in the dense urban core of New York, Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 66.9 Mbps..." (impressive)

Portland, OR - Median download speed increased from 23.4Mbps to 43Mbps (wow!)

Provo, UT - Sprint had the fastest median download speed at 33.9Mbps, down from 37.8Mbps. 

San Jose, CA - Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 46.4Mbps, up from 37.4Mbps.

Sacramento, CA - Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 42.5Mbps, up from 35.5Mbps on the last report.

Sarasota, FL - Median download speed decreased from 22.6Mbps to 14.1Mbps. 

Seattle, WA - "During outdoor walking tests in the dense urban core of Seattle, Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 45.0 Mbps".

Spokane, WA - Median download speed increased from 29.6Mbps to 39.8Mbps. 

Stockton, CA - Sprint recorded the fastest median download speed at 27.4Mbps, down from 33.3Mbps on the last report.

Syracuse, NY - Median download speed decreased from 36.9Mbps to 25.3Mbps. 

Temecula, CA - Median download speed decreased from 24.2Mbps to 15.1Mbps. 

Tuscon, AZ - Median download speed increased from 28.4Mbps to 42.6Mbps. 

Winston-Salem, NC - Median download speed increased from 9.5Mbps to 12.4Mbps.

Akron, OH - Median download speed increased from 22.7Mbps to 30.8Mbps. 

Baltimore, MD - Median download speed increased from 24.4Mbps to 32.8Mbps. 

Charlotte, NC - Median download speed increased from 14.7Mbps to 22Mbps. 

Des Moines, IA - Median download speed increased from 16.8Mbps to 23.8Mbps.

Fort Meyers, FL - Median download speed decreased from 15.5Mbps to 8.6Mbps.

Mobile, AL - Median download speed increased from 18Mbps to 29.9Mbps. 

Edited by Brad The Beast
  • Like 5

Dayum! Been Sprint's problem for millions of years now. Jealous!

Forget 5G. I have witnessed interband CA between b25/b26 and b25/b41 and it was game changing for the reliability and indoor experience. Everyone who said b26 should not use CA don't know what they are talking about and have not experienced the awesome indoor abilities that come with it. Have you ever seen b26 like that? Don't worry I will wait. This makes Ericsson markets severely behind in network reliability. I just realized how much better Sprint would be if this was nationwide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27bf6b087aa9744a82ece8cf467444c6.jpgec3df8270d00bb80202aab17078980eb.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Terrell352 said:

Yeah man b25 and b26 should not be left to fend for it self. B41 should the the secondary as much as possible.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

Those speeds are so great. Man, I remember back in 2015 all of us fantasizing about how awesome this would be while simultaneously lamenting that it probably wouldn't happen until like 2020 because Sprint. Here we are. 

Glad to see someone finally "flipped the switch" on this amazing software and you were able to enjoy it and get great samples user @Terrell352. This is what Denver needed to keep speeds up. Let's hope it spreads on the network quickly!

Those speeds are so great. Man, I remember back in 2015 all of us fantasizing about how awesome this would be while simultaneously lamenting that it probably wouldn't happen until like 2020 because Sprint. Here we are. 

Glad to see someone finally "flipped the switch" on this amazing software and you were able to enjoy it and get great samples user [mention=7240]Terrell352[/mention]. This is what Denver needed to keep speeds up. Let's hope it spreads on the network quickly!

Unfortunately most Sprint devices don’t have it enabled. I had to force it to work by using my MSL to turn on all CA bands. Sprint is extremely foolish to not have figured this out sooner because most of these test was indoors where normally b25 or b26 would have been alone. Most people in Denver is not experiencing this because the devices don’t have it enabled. That’s Sprints fault. Here in Ericsson land in Florida they don’t have it enabled at towers so it’s back to the trash indoor experience. [emoji17] T-Mobile will hopefully get this right if they take over.

11 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Unfortunately most Sprint devices don’t have it enabled. I had to force it to work by using my MSL to turn on all CA bands. Sprint is extremely foolish to not have figured this out sooner because most of these test was indoors where normally b25 or b26 would have been alone. Most people in Denver is not experiencing this because the devices don’t have it enabled. That’s Sprints fault. Here in Ericsson land in Florida they don’t have it enabled at towers so it’s back to the trash indoor experience. emoji17.png T-Mobile will hopefully get this right if they take over.

Its unfortunate, I do not believe TMobile will be anywhere near as good as those advocating for the merger especially in the beginning, not to mention they will need to divulge all Sprint lowband. 

Regardless, this is what Sprint needs to replicate in all markets, starting with markets that lack macro density since 5G has been awesome in cities and are less in need of this..

Unfortunately, with this merger looming who knows what parts of the network deployment take priority.

Bottom line, the "new" TMobile will be worse for a long time before it gets better.

Here's hoping Sprint continues to deploys this and the merger fails.😤

• Like 1