Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

37 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

what happened ? why did they close down?

They were purchased by Mosaik a while ago. Ever since then, they've been on a steady decline. 

I think the only reason Mosaik bought them was to eliminate what they thought was a competitor offering data for free. 

They were purchased by Mosaik a while ago. Ever since then, they've been on a steady decline. 
I think the only reason Mosaik bought them was to eliminate what they thought was a competitor offering data for free. 
Well I hope something can replace them. Because I never pay up to see stuff like that if it can be offered for free.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, RedSpark said:

Interesting developments...

I remember when I tore down a few magic boxes, I found Sercomm was the vendor who made the relay radio in the OG and 2 versions. Now they just made a whole box. Pretty cool. 

One of you guys needs to get one and break it down. FCC pictures aren't the same.

6 minutes ago, belusnecropolis said:

I remember when I tore down a few magic boxes, I found Sercomm was the vendor who made the relay radio in the OG and 2 versions. Now they just made a whole box. Pretty cool. 

One of you guys needs to get one and break it down. FCC pictures aren't the same.

Breaking means buying though right?

Is Sprint still going to use Airspan as an equipment provider?

Interesting how the nomenclature changed from Magic Box Gold to Magic Box Silver...

1 minute ago, RedSpark said:

Breaking means buying though right?

Is Sprint still going to use Airspan as an equipment provider?

Interesting how the nomenclature changed from Magic Box Gold to Magic Box Silver...

I always just sent back a box of parts, no one ever complained to me. I wonder if they will. I bet they go with all options, but who knows.

They keep inflicting these things on folks looking for a solution, when in reality the first people who get them seem to be a field test. 

10 hours ago, belusnecropolis said:

I always just sent back a box of parts, no one ever complained to me. I wonder if they will. I bet they go with all options, but who knows.

They keep inflicting these things on folks looking for a solution, when in reality the first people who get them seem to be a field test. 

Or if not a field test, you're in an area that has been Magic Box capable since it's inception...and suddenly, a closer look at the map is warranted because I'm a mile from the "line" and I can no longer use the magic box...so I must send the 2 I'm using, plus a family member that I referred to get one also must send theirs back.

I'm still trying to use the Airave 3 LTE which works fine for a data connection...but does nothing for voice. Wifi calling can sometimes be a joke (fiber 150mbps down, 150mbps up)..

I've been overly frustrated with Sprint this past 8 months or so... and mainly because the magic box was working fine for us..then suddenly they realized we are going to cause a huge FCC ruckus here in bumfuct Alabama...a little area with a pop of 5k and no traffic lights... So off with the MB..and back to Sprint they must be sent.

16 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

I can definitely confirm expansion in the DC area, also Baltimore to Delaware, starting to see 5G on 95 on my weekend runs to Newark. 

• Like 4

Yeah, I've seen a huge expansion of Massive MIMO.  The original DC 5G area shown earlier in the year was basically from SW DC to Tysons.  But I went to Baltimore over the weekend, and there's now Massive MIMO around much of the beltway, and then I spotted two Massive MIMO sites in the Baltimore market.  There was also two more sites south of Woodbridge on I-95 the weekend before, one of which was in the Richmond market.

- Trip

• Like 4

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/26/softbank-taking-masayoshi-sons-sprint-playbook-to-wework.html

Well this should work out well...

I’m so disappointed in Marcelo as a CEO. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long time, but when I look back on his Sprint tenure and the things he failed to prioritize/accomplish, it just feels like he phoned it in...

Maybe my blame is misplaced. Perhaps It goes all the way up to Masa, and Marcelo wasn’t about to submarine his future at SoftBank to cross him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2019 at 2:56 PM, RedSpark said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/26/softbank-taking-masayoshi-sons-sprint-playbook-to-wework.html

Well this should work out well...

I’m so disappointed in Marcelo as a CEO. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long time, but when I look back on his Sprint tenure and the things he failed to prioritize/accomplish, it just feels like he phoned it in...

Maybe my blame is misplaced. Perhaps It goes all the way up to Masa, and Marcelo wasn’t about to submarine his future at SoftBank to cross him.

Marcelo was just a corporate puppet who lied about leading anything at Sprint.  Sprint fell from #3 to #4 under his tenure, but he still got kicked up the stairs with $100 million+ in compensation to continue this game with Masa playing with billions of dollars that the world's rich people don't know what to do with.

The CEO/Founder of failed WeWork walking away with $1 billion+ is even more disgusting comedy.

• Like 2

Marcelo was just a corporate puppet who lied about leading anything at Sprint.  Sprint fell from #3 to #4 under his tenure, but he still got kicked up the stairs with $100 million+ in compensation to continue this game with Masa playing with billions of dollars that the world's rich people don't know what to do with.

The CEO/Founder of failed WeWork walking away with $1 billion+ is even more disgusting comedy.

That's why Dish would have been a better take over.. Wish USCC could have afforded to buy Sprint and take themselves Nationwide

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

I actually think that's not bad seeing how the company has been stuck in limbo with regulators for a couple of years now.  It exceeds my expectations, really.

Robert

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, S4GRU said:

I actually think that's not bad seeing how the company has been stuck in limbo with regulators for a couple of years now.  It exceeds my expectations, really.

Robert

Was just about to chime in with same comment. Its all about looking and acting vulnerable and "needing" this merger. But they have consistently kept up far better than most expect.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, S4GRU said:

Robert

If I may ask, what were your expectations for the quarter?

To me, it seems the bottom is dropping out of Sprint. Not NEXTEL-level attrition, but the core of the company is disintegrating as represented by Postpaid losses. The network is improving but customers are still leaving or churning through. Churn is disturbingly high and if you look at Sprint's liquidity position, those maturities are also eating into what funds are available for CapEx. Although Capex has exceeded $1 Billion/Quarter for the past 6 quarters, it's still not enough/fast enough to get ahead of the curve in my opinion. The fat has finally been trimmed from the company, yes, and it's great to see how Sprint has optimized its digital channels, improved the website, and the My Sprint app. However, Masa never put in the capex funds that were needed for Sprint to be a true competitor. He seemed to have money for everything else: ARM, Boston Dynamics, Uber, WeWork, etc.

• Like 4

Meh numbers. At this point, I’m just going to ride the wave out and enjoy my plan until the conversion happens. I guess I lucked up being in a market that has no real service issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1