Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Not a good quarter economically.   The patient was already in a poor state.    I agree with you RedSpark and CEO Michael Combes (Sprint) ...

Hurry up Merger!! 

From CNet:

Overall, Sprint's total subscriber count continued to fall with a total loss of 396,000. The decline dropped the company's overall count from roughly 54.31 million wireless users last quarter to approximately 53.92 million today. 

"I am proud of the resiliency of the Sprint team as they work to deliver results in a challenging environment," said Sprint CEO Michel Combes in a statement accompanying the results. "However, I remain convinced that merging with T-Mobile and building one of the world's most advanced 5G networks is the best outcome for all consumers, employees, and shareholders." 

This is really going to sting the financially drained pocket book:  In a "message from management," Combes also said that Sprint, which was recently accused of defrauding the FCC about its Lifeline program, is "committed to reimbursing federal and state governments for any subsidy payments that were collected incorrectly." 

Full article from CNet News: 

Sprint posts another quarterly loss as T-Mobile merger remains on hold

Edited by dro1984
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Was just in my local Home Depot a few minutes ago, 3/5 bars and service was un-usable. The whole few block radius was useless, I am so ready for the merger like now!

It's been my experience more often lately as well.   I can have 4 or even 5 bars and data is so slow or won't even connect, time out.      Congestion?   Not sure what the problem is??

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dro1984 said:

It's been my experience more often lately as well.   I can have 4 or even 5 bars and data is so slow or won't even connect, time out.      Congestion?   Not sure what the problem is??

Definitely congestion I would think.

1 hour ago, BlueAngel said:

Was just in my local Home Depot a few minutes ago, 3/5 bars and service was un-usable. The whole few block radius was useless, I am so ready for the merger like now!

Were you on Band 26?

What this shows in my opinion is that Sprint needed more low band spectrum, and that it should have bid on the 600 MHz spectrum instead of proceeding with a risky monopole strategy... and it's ironic that one of Sprint's primary justifications for the merger with T-Mobile is its lack of low band spectrum. Yes, Sprint could have deployed it by now with sufficient capex. Look what T-Mobile has done with it so far: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191028005710/en/T-Mobile-Maintains-Unprecedented-Momentum-Q3-Sets-Stage

• Deployment of 600 MHz spectrum: At the end of Q3 2019, T-Mobile owned a nationwide average of 31 MHz of 600 MHz low band spectrum. As of September 30, 2019, we had cleared 231 million POPs, and we expect to clear spectrum covering approximately 275 million POPs by year-end 2019. T-Mobile continues its deployment of 4G LTE on 600 MHz spectrum, using 5G-ready equipment, with 1.4 million square miles already lit up, covering 200 million POPs in nearly 8,300 cities and towns in 48 states and Puerto Rico. Combining 600 MHz spectrum and 700 MHz spectrum, we have deployed low band spectrum to 311 million POPs. Currently, more than 26 million devices on T-Mobile’s network are compatible with 600 MHz spectrum.

Failing that, Sprint needed to have a much more aggressive Airave/Magic Box deployment at major retailers across the nation to address its lack of low band spectrum.

1 hour ago, dro1984 said:

Have you been experiencing this indoors? Band 26 fills up quickly it seems, especially in high density indoor locations.

8 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Were you on Band 26?

What this shows is that Sprint needed more low band spectrum, and that it should have bid on the 600 MHz spectrum... and it's ironic that one of Sprint's primary justifications for the merger with T-Mobile is its lack of low band spectrum. Yes, Sprint could have deployed it by now with sufficient capex. Look what T-Mobile has done with it so far: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191028005710/en/T-Mobile-Maintains-Unprecedented-Momentum-Q3-Sets-Stage

• Deployment of 600 MHz spectrum: At the end of Q3 2019, T-Mobile owned a nationwide average of 31 MHz of 600 MHz low band spectrum. As of September 30, 2019, we had cleared 231 million POPs, and we expect to clear spectrum covering approximately 275 million POPs by year-end 2019. T-Mobile continues its deployment of 4G LTE on 600 MHz spectrum, using 5G-ready equipment, with 1.4 million square miles already lit up, covering 200 million POPs in nearly 8,300 cities and towns in 48 states and Puerto Rico. Combining 600 MHz spectrum and 700 MHz spectrum, we have deployed low band spectrum to 311 million POPs. Currently, more than 26 million devices on T-Mobile’s network are compatible with 600 MHz spectrum.

Failing that, Sprint needed to have a much more aggressive Airave/Magic Box deployment at major retailers across the nation to address its lack of low band spectrum.

Most likely yeah.

Most likely yeah.
I wonder if TMO will even deploy B71 on LTE in NYC, they only bought 10x10 and plan on Nationwide 10x10 for 5G.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I wonder if TMO will even deploy B71 on LTE in NYC, they only bought 10x10 and plan on Nationwide 10x10 for 5G.

T-Mobile is filling in coverage holes where they can. Over here they're doing coverage expansion terms of filling in coverage gaps which is a good thing

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

Were you on Band 26?
What this shows in my opinion is that Sprint needed more low band spectrum, and that it should have bid on the 600 MHz spectrum instead of proceeding with a risky monopole strategy... and it's ironic that one of Sprint's primary justifications for the merger with T-Mobile is its lack of low band spectrum. Yes, Sprint could have deployed it by now with sufficient capex. Look what T-Mobile has done with it so far: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191028005710/en/T-Mobile-Maintains-Unprecedented-Momentum-Q3-Sets-Stage
No Sprint was messing around the whole time. Remember they said the reason they didn't participate in the 600mhz auction was not due to lack of funds but due to lowband being and I quote "Specturm of the past" which we all know now is BS. Then they all of a sudden say less than two years later that they can't compete due to lack of lowband.

They have barely deployed 25/41 CA too even though it's just software. NV 1.0 was VoLTE ready. It a series of questionable events and bad management. Also Softbank has been almost useless focusing on other failing projects rather than Sprint.

I wonder what would have happened if dish got Sprint instead of Softbank?

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

T-Mobile is filling in coverage holes where they can. Over here they're doing coverage expansion terms of filling in coverage gaps which is a good thing

That's good to know, seems like Sprint hasn't done a damn thing in the last few years.

Edited by BlueAngel

That's good to know.
Yeah and I'll be honest I'm not very concerned about bands 71 because over here bands 2 4 and 12 do a pretty good job of providing coverage. obviously they're great density is a little bit better than even 2 years ago but still I don't see band band 71 as being particularly useful where I live because they only deployed a 5 megahertz chunk so I've reverted from a band 71 capable phone down to a band 12 capable device.

No Sprint was messing around the whole time. Remember they said the reason they didn't participate in the 600mhz auction was not due to lack of funds but due to lowband being and I quote "Specturm of the past" which we all know now is BS. Then they all of a sudden say less than two years later that they can't compete due to lack of lowband.

They have barely deployed 25/41 CA too even though it's just software. NV 1.0 was VoLTE ready. It a series of questionable events and bad management. Also Softbank has been almost useless focusing on other failing projects rather than Sprint.

I think Dish would have deployed their spectrum on Sprint sites and then build out coverage from there where Sprint doesn't cover. They could have used both Sprints capex and Dishes. In my area Dish has 10x10 B71. Then 20x20 B66

I think Dish would have deployed their spectrum on Sprint sites and then build out coverage from there where Sprint doesn't cover. They could have used both Sprints capex and Dishes. In my area Dish has 10x10 B71. Then 20x20 B66

I'm not so sure dish would have bought b71 if they bought Sprint.

Yeah and I'll be honest I'm not very concerned about bands 71 because over here bands 2 4 and 12 do a pretty good job of providing coverage. obviously they're great density is a little bit better than even 2 years ago but still I don't see band band 71 as being particularly useful where I live because they only deployed a 5 megahertz chunk so I've reverted from a band 71 capable phone down to a band 12 capable device. 

My area had 10x10 B71 but now they trimmed it to 5x5 to use the rest for 5G. It's only 20x20 areas that will stay 10x10 B71 

My area had 10x10 B71 but not they trimmed it to 5x5 to use the rest for 5x5. It's only 20x20 areas that will stay 10x10 B71

You're lucky. Over here it's only five by five band 71 and band 12. so I don't particularly see having a band 71 capable phone as completely useful at this point.

You're lucky. Over here it's only five by five band 71 and band 12. so I don't particularly see having a band 71 capable phone as completely useful at this point.

Not so lucky now that it's 5x5. In my area TMO is 20x20 B4, 15x15 B2,5x5 12 and 71. Id rather see 15x15 B71

Not so lucky now that it's 5x5. In my area TMO is 20x20 B4, 15x15 B2,5x5 12 and 71. Id rather see 15x15 B71 

From my area it's 20 x 20 band 4 and band 66. 5 megahertz a band 12 and 10 megahertz a band 71 only deployed on a 5 megahertz junk. It makes no sense when the deployment of the next generation Network technology is months or years away.

From my area it's 20 x 20 band 4 and band 66. 5 megahertz a band 12 and 10 megahertz a band 71 only deployed on a 5 megahertz junk. It makes no sense when the deployment of the next generation Network technology is months or years away.

They are planning for 5G Nationwide using B71 as the equipment is already 5G ready and, they can flip a switch. Plus need devices.

They are planning for 5G Nationwide using B71 as the equipment is already 5G ready and, they can flip a switch. Plus need devices.

I'll be honest it's great to have 5G. But with the coverage issues that are being experienced I don't think I will be interested in it anytime soon. I will obviously acknowledge that having it being used for fix Internet is an excellent idea. But for mobile usage oh yeah they're going to need a lot more low-band spectrum in order to promote it for used while you're on the road.

18 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Yup. Exactly right. "Spectrum of the Past".... That's a keeper, given the present situation. Here's what happened to the CFO who said that: https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2018/01/08/departing-sprint-cfo-will-see-multimillion-dollar.html (He left on Jan 31, 2018. Not sure why he couldn't wait until March 31, 2018 to leave and get substantially more money.... Makes me suspicious that he was pushed out of Sprint. No proof, just a hunch.)

It's just a shame what's happening here. This merger was/is so unnecessary.

I can't imagine Dish would have managed Sprint worse than SoftBank has.

• Like 1

Worsening service and kills jobs? What a joke is a article. Do I even need to say What I'm talking about?

• Like 1