Sprint Reportedly Bowing Out of T-Mobile Bid (was "Sprint offer" and "Iliad" threads)

thepowerofdonuts

I think we can infer what that means...Angry Johnny running Sprint. I suspect that anyone wanting rid of Legere prepare for disappointment. At the least he'll be Co-CEO with Hesse.

The whole Co-CEO thing worked out so well for Blackberry. ;)

• Like 2

Leaks regarding this potential merger seem to happen almost regularly now. Maybe Son is intentionally allowing leaks to gauge public opinion over the merger.

Also, I do get concerned that if Sprint waits until 2017, and a Republican administration takes over Washington, that AT&T-TMobile take 2 happens again. SBC didn't give up on buying/becoming AT&T when it was first denied, they waited until they could make their move.

• Like 1

Leaks regarding this potential merger seem to happen almost regularly now. Maybe Son is intentionally allowing leaks to gauge public opinion over the merger.

I hope he does not depend of the opinions of discussion boards denizens

Also, I do get concerned that if Sprint waits until 2017, and a Republican administration takes over Washington, that AT&T-TMobile take 2 happens again. SBC didn't give up on buying/becoming AT&T when it was first denied, they waited until they could make their move.

They will not wait until then...

Great, break out the metamucil!  :lol:

I think you mean Geritol.  We "old" guys already get plenty of fiber from Sprint -- plus a few stewed prunes.

AJ

• Like 2

I hope he does not depend of the opinions of discussion boards denizens

Hopefully not lol. I was thinking more along the lines of people protesting via social media, petitions, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If ATT somehow mergered with T-Mobile right now, I would think Sprint would be the runt left. And possibly could lead to Verizon gobbling up parts of sprint and possibly the other parts being divested to smaller regional carriers. It would most likely be a bad scenario for wireless.
  • Like 5

If ATT somehow mergered with T-Mobile right now, I would think Sprint would be the runt left. And possibly could lead to Verizon gobbling up parts of sprint and possibly the other parts being divested to smaller regional carriers. It would most likely be a bad scenario for wireless.

I'm OK with AT&T buying Tmo, if they divest all their 850MHz assets. They can keep Tmo's Myrtle Beach. ;)

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4

Here's the daily Sprint/Tmo merger story.  http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-14/sprint-said-to-plan-for-lengthy-review-of-t-mobile-deal.html?cmpid=yhoo

I posted a separate thread for the joint Sprint/Tmo 600 Mhz bid, but maybe it belongs here instead.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6160-sprint-and-t-mobile-to-jointly-bid-in-600-mhz-auction/

Hey nao, We need all the 800 we can get here. We waited this long I'm not giving up use yet, but 850 works.

Even though it's just voice so far. On that note, I assume Sprint is leasing this smr license from T-Mobile for use?

On that note, I assume Sprint is leasing this smr license from T-Mobile for use?

No. T-Mobile owns no SMR licenses to lease to Sprint.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think you mean Geritol.  We "old" guys already get plenty of fiber from Sprint -- plus a few stewed prunes.

AJ

I KNEW IT! You 'legacy' users are the one holding up the backhaul on Sprint's towers!

• Like 1

Hey nao, We need all the 800 we can get here. We waited this long I'm not giving up use yet, but 850 works.

Even though it's just voice so far. On that note, I assume Sprint is leasing this smr license from T-Mobile for use?

Sprint got its 800smr license's from Nextel when they combined. It used to run the iden network

I am referring to the one license in Myrtle that T owns. I am assuming it was 850 Cellular, just wanted to clarify they didn't have a lone lease on SMR in my area.

Yes, it's a cellular 850 license. T-Mobile got it when they purchased SunCom in 2008.

• Like 1

Not exactly a merger related article here, but still interesting for the pure speculation of it.  Maybe Sprint could get some competition if they don't announce this merger soon.

Billionaire Carlos Slim's move to pare his telecom empire in Mexico is raising questions about what his intentions might be north of the border.

His América Móvil SAB AMX.MX -0.33% said last week that it would sell assets to cut its market share in Mexico to below 50% from about 70% to avoid a regulatory crackdown. The cash he might generate in the process could give him a sizable war chest to expand overseas.

The company's TracFone unit offers prepaid-mobile service and is the fifth largest U.S. wireless provider, selling service under seven brands, including the Straight Talk brand sold at Wal-Mart Stores Inc. WMT +0.63%

TracFone continues to grow via a string of acquisitions of small, prepaid carriers and provides Mr. Slim with a brand and a U.S. foothold should he choose to expand. The business now rents space on networks from big carriers like AT&T Inc. +0.39% andSprint Corp. -1.25%

Some analysts wonder if he might bid for a carrier like No. 4 U.S. provider T-Mobile USInc., TMUS +0.81% which is preparing for a merger with Sprint that would face high regulatory hurdles.

"A more meaningful entry into the U.S. with the acquisition of [T-Mobile] could make strategic sense," UBS UBSN.VX -0.61% analyst John Hodulik said. He projects Mexican asset sales would yield more than $15 billion for Mr. Slim. That cash also could go toward expanding his telecom businesses in Brazil or Europe.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/carlos-slim-will-he-go-shopping-in-the-u-s-telecom-market-1405722201

As I said this is simply pure speculation from WSJ, but there isn't any real news on the merger front so enjoy. 

Not exactly a merger related article here, but still interesting for the pure speculation of it.  Maybe Sprint could get some competition if they don't announce this merger soon.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/carlos-slim-will-he-go-shopping-in-the-u-s-telecom-market-1405722201

As I said this is simply pure speculation from WSJ, but there isn't any real news on the merger front so enjoy. 

Well whatever's happening, it is causing another sell-off today in Sprint shares. I am getting tempted to buy some more...

Jeez sprint is really depressed in the stock.

It's taken a hit this morning. Wonder what is up.

Well whatever's happening, it is causing another sell-off today in Sprint shares. I am getting tempted to buy some more...

I was going to buy Friday, but glad I waited.