Sprint Reportedly Bowing Out of T-Mobile Bid (was "Sprint offer" and "Iliad" threads)

thepowerofdonuts

References were made long before you were born.

...not at S4GRU. And I was born before 1981.

;)

AJ

So when "upgrades" interrupt service on T-Mobile is is just an annoyance, but on sprint I guess it means they have the worst service... Hypocrisy at its best

http://www.tmonews.com/2014/07/t-mobile-lte-network-stalling-or-dropping-out-youre-not-alone/

And doesn't sound like T-Mobile is anywhere near close to being reliable.

• Like 2

So when "upgrades" interrupt service on T-Mobile is is just an annoyance, but on sprint I guess it means they have the worst service... Hypocrisy at its best

http://www.tmonews.com/2014/07/t-mobile-lte-network-stalling-or-dropping-out-youre-not-alone/

No, tmo is nowhere close to being reliable in my market (Jax). Everybody I know that switched from various other carriers hates their tmo service. I really don't understand the obsession with magenta.

The new Sprint destroys all of the carriers here, including Verizon (if you have a triband device).

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

The double standard is real
  • Like 2

Brace for T-Mobile fanboys in the comments

Eh, I think they have won this in a way. DT will have a large ownership stake of Sprint?

I think we can infer what that means...Angry Johnny running Sprint. I suspect that anyone wanting rid of Legere prepare for disappointment. At the least he'll be Co-CEO with Hesse.

In his defense, and in devil's advocate, I'll say T-Mobile is doing a much better job of gaining customers than Sprint is. Whatever reason is behind that, in the end, doesn't really matter (though I'll say the network buildout is progressing much better under Mr. Saw.) It is what it is...

Brace for T-Mobile fanboys in the comments

Yeah, I concur with Ryan's sentiment above.  Many T-Mobile fanboys are coming around on the buyout.  As long as the class clowns Legere, Ray, and Sievert get to run the company, plus they get to keep their pussy T-Mobile branding, Magentans are okay with the merger.  They view it more as T-Mobile taking control of Sprint -- even though the financials may be the opposite.

AJ

Yeah, I concur with Ryan's sentiment above. Many T-Mobile fanboys are coming around on the buyout. As long as the class clowns Legere, Ray, and Sievert get to run the company, plus they get to keep their pussy T-Mobile branding, Magentans are okay with the merger. They view it more as T-Mobile taking control of Sprint -- even though the financials may be the opposite.

AJ

I don't get why they're so big on the branding. That matters the least of anything.

If the new carrier is named Slow, and Legere was running it, they'd give it a chance. :lol: I do suspect John Saw sticks around. Masa and him are close IIRC. I'd also suspect Stephen Bye will have a position in the executive ranks. Maybe not CTO. Maybe something created.

Eh, I think they have won this in a way. DT will have a large ownership stake of Sprint?

I think we can infer what that means...Angry Johnny running Sprint. I suspect that anyone wanting rid of Legere prepare for disappointment. At the least he'll be Co-CEO with Hesse.

In his defense, and in devil's advocate, I'll say T-Mobile is doing a much better job of gaining customers than Sprint is. Whatever reason is behind that, in the end, doesn't really matter (though I'll say the network buildout is progressing much better under Mr. Saw.) It is what it is...

Yeah, I concur with Ryan's sentiment above. Many T-Mobile fanboys are coming around on the buyout. As long as the class clowns Legere, Ray, and Sievert get to run the company, plus they get to keep their pussy T-Mobile branding, Magentans are okay with the merger. They view it more as T-Mobile taking control of Sprint -- even though the financials may be the opposite.

AJ

The only thing that annoys me is that seem to think one of two ways: 1. T-Mobile will "fix" Sprint's "horrible" network and shut down CDMA like with the metro merger or 2. Sprint will ruin T-Mobile's pricing and turn their network to crap. Both of these are obviously wrong but that's all I here from the magenta side.

The only thing that annoys me is that seem to think one of two ways: 1. T-Mobile will "fix" Sprint's "horrible" network and shut down CDMA like with the metro merger or 2. Sprint will ruin T-Mobile's pricing and turn their network to crap. Both of these are obviously wrong but that's all I here from the magenta side.

CDMA 800 isn't the problem. If anything, UMTS can't fit in SMR. You get to see how 800 CDMA has improved Sprint in a deployed area. Contrast T-Mobile in your area which works great until you go indoors.

I suspect that CDMA could be run cheaply enough in the 800 band. If people want to have UMTS/LTE devices, then they should be prepared to sacrifice in-building voice.

Neville Ray will come in thinking "I can shut down CDMA." Then he'll do what everyone else from a 3GPP background has done when coming in Sprint. He'll freak out and realize he's stuck with it. :)

• Like 3

CDMA 800 isn't the problem. If anything, UMTS can't fit in SMR. You get to see how 800 CDMA has improved Sprint in a deployed area. Contrast T-Mobile in your area which works great until you go indoors.

I suspect that CDMA could be run cheaply enough in the 800 band. If people want to have UMTS/LTE devices, then they should be prepared to sacrifice in-building voice.

Neville Ray will come in thinking "I can shut down CDMA." Then he'll do what everyone else from a 3GPP background has done when coming in Sprint. He'll freak out and realize he's stuck with it. :)

Ehhh I think Neville realizes that he won't be able to wipe CDMA with the amount of customers Sprint has.

Whatever is going to happen should just happen already. As long as Sprint continues in the direction and speed that we've been seeing the past few months, I don't care who is the face of the company. After all, Masa still has the last word in essentially everything

Robert. Going to have to adjust the color code of the forum. Henceforth, all pictures posted to the forum should be converted to black and white only. White, black, and magenta everywhere.

Robert. Going to have to adjust the color code of the forum. Henceforth, all pictures posted to the forum should be converted to black and white only. White, black, and magenta everywhere.

That's not even funny. ;)

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4

The basic reason that Legere and Neville are coming over is that the Feds like them. They have an image as mavericks and doers. Of course by the time the merger is complete, pretty much all the network upgrading would be complete. They can't really take credit for that. But band 41 work might slow down somewhat, since with the right handsets you could access LTE networks on both sides.

• Like 1

The debt situation is not going to be great in any case, but Masa does have the flexibility to toss more money in now that Alibaba is going to IPO soon. I suspect that IPO is holding this up.

Which phones would have access to tmobile LTE spectrum?

The upcoming devices that support Band 4 and Band 12, as has been agreed to through the CCA roaming agreements.

• Like 1

Wouldn't the Nexus 5 the latest iPhones (and possibly some other phones?) be able to take advantage of T-Mobiles LTE network? I'm pretty sure the 5S and the 5C have the same LTE bands as the T-Mobile iPhones.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk