LuisBOSS302

Well from that it looks as if Sprint is only carrying the 3GB/32GB version which is great. 3GB/32GB should be the minimum specs offered in top of the line smartphones these days.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Might get this. Will there be a discount on upgrade eligible? I have everything plus 1600 Sero

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I havent seen a published subsidised price yet. I know its 599 and 0down 25/month on easy pay.

• Like 1

Here is my question:

Can I do an LG Backup on my G2, place it on my computer then move it to my new G3 and do a restore?

In theory, it should not be a problem, but you never know.

Thanks.

Mav.  :ninja:

Those of you looking for price breaks/deals:

If purchasing from July 11 through July 24; $150 visa gift card

If purchasing from July 25 through (argh...can't remember date); $100 gc

Let's say you qualify for the $150.

Knocks it down to $450.

To put this in perspective, I just switched over to Framily (adding 5 new Sprint customers). One of those new people just bought a new S3 today for...wait for it....wait for it. $449.99. Argh! A two-year old, single-band device for the same price as I'm going to pay for the G3.

Not even going to add in the multiple $75 gift cards for the new Framily recruits.

I did my due diligence and made sure they were going to be covered by the network first.

• Like 1

Those of you looking for price breaks/deals:

If purchasing from July 11 through July 24; $150 visa gift card

If purchasing from July 25 through (argh...can't remember date); $100 gc

Let's say you qualify for the $150.

Knocks it down to $450.

To put this in perspective, I just switched over to Framily (adding 5 new Sprint customers). One of those new people just bought a new S3 today for...wait for it....wait for it. $449.99. Argh! A two-year old, single-band device for the same price as I'm going to pay for the G3.

Not even going to add in the multiple $75 gift cards for the new Framily recruits.

I did my due diligence and made sure they were going to be covered by the network first.

Just for Framily or what?

Just for Framily or what?

The $150 gift card is for those purchasing via Easy Pay. The $75 gift card is for signing up new Sprint customers to your Framily.

Hopefully mrrogers will read this and decide he and the other Team d3rp members can't live without the G3 and develop for it.

I'd like a 6.5" flagship device but don't think we'll ever see one.

• Like 1

The $150 gift card is for those purchasing via Easy Pay. The $75 gift card is for signing up new Sprint customers to your Framily.

Hopefully mrrogers will read this and decide he and the other Team d3rp members can't live without the G3 and develop for it.

ugh the Sony xperia z ultra is right up your ally then its 6.4 inches of screen realestate there. I'm sure you can find it second hand and pop in a data tmobile sim card to play with it. Not very popular should be pretty cheap relatively speaking.
  • Like 1

I wish I could say we would jump to G3 but G2 (and life) is keeping us plenty busy.  Now if we happen to win a device or 2, then that would be a game changer but G2 is great and I just started another rifle project so I'm not buying extra tech just for fun. I am getting my Dad into a G3 though so at least I'll get to play with one.  The plan is to move to the next LG flagship as long as to put the SD810 in it.  :D

• Like 1

We just got our G3 demo here at the store and I gotta say if I wasn't getting one at the launch event I would for sure be buying one outright. This phone is awesome!!!

How's the screen quality? I heard a "rumor" that people are complaining about the screen, yet I've not seen any proof of this.

How's the screen quality? I heard a "rumor" that people are complaining about the screen, yet I've not seen any proof of this.

From what I have read, those early complaints were from the Korean model of the phone.  They said that it only reached 350~ish nits of brightness and had some over-sharpening effects that made text have a 'halo' around it.  Now I read that the European versions have been tweaked and reach 450~ish nits of brightness, but they did not say anything else about it.... But the max brightness being upped is good for outdoors, and I wonder if the minimum brightness is also tweaked as it has been said to be too high for some to comfortably reed at night.

• Like 2

I haven't noticed anything. It all looks really good to me.

The gold is sharp looking on the device too. I only have a dummy for the black one now but it also looks pretty good.

Do you know if we are getting all the colors or just a select few?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Metallic Black and Shine Gold only.

Mav. :njnja:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

Boooo! [emoji107] wanted that red.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

For those of you who desire to modify your G3...

It appears as if @utoprime (autoprime) and team have successfully loaded TWRP onto one of the variants. If history is any indicator, Sprint G3 owners may have the ability to mod their G3's soon.

Sorry, so lazy not to post link.

XDA G3 > General > Bootloader Bounty