LuisBOSS302

I really like what I am seeing but for me I think the sweet spot for screen size is 5" to 5.2", anything larger is a little bit too much.

Not sure how much difference .3 of an inch will make in the grand scheme of things.

The bezels are smaller so, in theory, the bigger G3 screen will be in almost the same size phone as the G2. A millimeter here and there will not make a difference.

Just my $.02

Mav. :ninja:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

I am most interested in how the speaker and headphone output is going to be! I can see this being a second or third device that I'm playing with.

Latest leak is showing 2gb ram and 801 processor...incremental upgrade..now if freedom pop supports this I might be interested...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I hope to see the G3 launch with Wireless Charging.  If it doesn't, I'll pass and wait for something else.  I guess my Nexus 5 and 7 have spoiled me with the feature.

Not sure how much difference .3 of an inch will make in the grand scheme of things.

The bezels are smaller so, in theory, the bigger G3 screen will be in almost the same size phone as the G2. A millimeter here and there will not make a difference.

Just my $.02

Mav. :ninja:

Come on of course there is a difference, if the g3 went down to 4.9 compared to the 5.2 on the g2 would you be saying its only .3 of an inch?  Probably not.

I am most interested in how the speaker and headphone output is going to be! I can see this being a second or third device that I'm playing with.

Specs list 1 watt speakers like the g pro 2 and there have been good things said about it sound wise

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Come on of course there is a difference, if the g3 went down to 4.9 compared to the 5.2 on the g2 would you be saying its only .3 of an inch?  Probably not.

Never thought of it like that. 

Just my $.02

Mav.  :ninja:

Actually I am looking at the dimensions of the phone and the LG G3 is about the same height as the HTC One M8 except the LG G3 has a 0.5 inch larger screen than the HTC One M8.  The LG G3 dimensions are not simply the same as the LG G2 but with smaller bezels. 

LG G2 = 5.45 x 2.79 x 0.35 inches (138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9 mm)

LG G3 = 5.76 x 2.94 x 0.35 inches (146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm)

HTC One M8 = 5.76 x 2.78 x 0.37 inches (146.36 x 70.6 x 9.35 mm)

GS5 = 5.59 x 2.85 x 0.32 inches (142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm)

LG did a great job one again in bringing back some of the key features which made Samsung stand out which were removable battery and microSD card support.  Love the "polished metal finish" look even though it is still plastic.  I'll be interesting in seeing this new laser auto focus and the QHD resolution.  Nice specs overall and "keeps up with the jones".

The real question is what variant of the G3 will Sprint offer:

A ) The gold-plated G3 with only 2GB RAM, 16GB storage

B ) The solid gold version with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage plus microSD support

Actually having owned the note 2 5.5 is perfect, in fact that was one if the main reasons I have waited... Loved my note 2 size.....

I think I may try it a g2 then bounce to a 3 end of summer.....

Let me get my feet wet on a lg device first

Actually I am looking at the dimensions of the phone and the LG G3 is about the same height as the HTC One M8 except the LG G3 has a 0.5 inch larger screen than the HTC One M8.  The LG G3 dimensions are not simply the same as the LG G2 but with smaller bezels. 

LG G2 = 5.45 x 2.79 x 0.35 inches (138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9 mm)

LG G3 = 5.76 x 2.94 x 0.35 inches (146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm)

HTC One M8 = 5.76 x 2.78 x 0.37 inches (146.36 x 70.6 x 9.35 mm)

GS5 = 5.59 x 2.85 x 0.32 inches (142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm)

LG did a great job one again in bringing back some of the key features which made Samsung stand out which were removable battery and microSD card support.  Love the "polished metal finish" look even though it is still plastic.  I'll be interesting in seeing this new laser auto focus and the QHD resolution.  Nice specs overall and "keeps up with the jones".

"even though it is still plastic"

Where did you see that? Maybe I missed some leaks here and there but the live event said, "light weight metal".  Overall, I feel now, after seeing the UI and other additional features, I'll probably get it even though it's not a huge bump from the G2, the total package has drawn me in. :)

Being that we all are pretty keen on RF performance around here, it'll be interesting to see how that looks on paper as well and.... if the device they were showing is the wireless charging device or if they are doing 2 variations like the G2.  It was strange to see the 2 versions in the G2 but I'd use wireless charging if available and if not, no worries. 

• Like 1

Where did you see that? Maybe I missed some leaks here and there but the live event said, "light weight metal".  Overall, I feel now, after seeing the UI and other additional features, I'll probably get it even though it's not a huge bump from the G2, the total package has drawn me in. :)

Being that we all are pretty keen on RF performance around here, it'll be interesting to see how that looks on paper as well and.... if the device they were showing is the wireless charging device or if they are doing 2 variations like the G2.  It was strange to see the 2 versions in the G2 but I'd use wireless charging if available and if not, no worries. 

From what I have read, lg stated that it has a metallic coated plastic chassis.  So I guess its still plastic but with a fancy paint job.

• Like 1

Well, according to the editor of phonescoop.com Sprint will also be getting the 3gb/32gb variant.

Confirmed that both Sprint and T-Mobile will offer the 32 GB / 3 GB RAM version of the #LGG3

https://twitter.com/rbrome/status/471371158428733440

Haven't seen any info on wireless charging. 

• Like 5

Basically the tech bloggers who actually did the "hands-on" of the LG G3 in the showroom confirmed it is still plastic.  It has a metal-like finish from the outside but the backing is still plastic since it is removable.

• Like 1

Looks like a great phone, but given that I already have a tri-band device, I am going to wait for a phone capable of connecting to Sprint's 8T8R radios. 

I think we will be waiting a pretty long time before we see that happening any time soon on B41 LTE.  I wouldn't worry about a phone that doesn't have 8T8R capability.  Who knows when the starting point is if when 8T8R RRUS are being put up at the Clearwire towers and all the existing B41 LTE sites are not 8T8R capable so they will need to be retrofitted AGAIN at some point unless Sprint doesn't care.

I think we will be waiting a pretty long time before we see that happening any time soon on B41 LTE... 

I would not be so certain about that.  We are seeing then in small cities, college towns, and at Clear sites and Sprint sites in a metropolitan area.  Premier members should read from this point down: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4825-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet-premier-edition/page-19&do=findComment&comment=321397

My interest in the G3 lies in the extra storage (down to less than 2GB again for the third time) and the extra RAM over my current G2.  I had 48GB of storage in my Photon 4g.

• Like 1

I would not be so certain about that.  We are seeing then in small cities, college towns, and at Clear sites and Sprint sites in a metropolitan area.  Premier members should read from this point down: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4825-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet-premier-edition/page-19&do=findComment&comment=321397

My interest in the G3 lies in the extra storage (down to less than 2GB again for the third time) and the extra RAM over my current G2.  I had 48GB of storage in my Photon 4g.

Let me rephrase this to be clear.  I don't see Sprint deploying B41 LTE that takes full advantage of 8T8R until a few more years.  Sprint certainly can put up the 8T8R RRUs up going forward in markets that haven't been started yet.  However Sprint doesn't have the backhaul (which I assume would have to be 1 Gbps just by itself) at any of their NV or Clearwire sites at the moment to support the true 8T8R LTE speeds nor are the majority of the major markets like NYC, Chicago, LA, etc that have a ton of B41 LTE up and running already have B41 LTE 8T8R RRU equipment capable of supporting those speeds unless Sprint goes back and reinstalls those towers with the new 8T8R RRUs.

Its great that they start with some smaller markets and wish them all success with the 8T8R RRUs but the true voice that would be heard from most Sprint customers will come from major markets.  It certainly doesn't hurt to have the 8T8R LTE support capability in the phone but I just don't see it being necessary at this time.

I think we will be waiting a pretty long time before we see that happening any time soon on B41 LTE.  I wouldn't worry about a phone that doesn't have 8T8R capability.  Who knows when the starting point is if when 8T8R RRUS are being put up at the Clearwire towers and all the existing B41 LTE sites are not 8T8R capable so they will need to be retrofitted AGAIN at some point unless Sprint doesn't care.

I guess I should say I'm waiting for a device that will connect to the "two-carrier configuration" mentioned in this Fierce Wireless article. 

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-cfo-were-banking-25-ghz-8t8r-radios-network-differentiation/2014-05-19

That article says that Sprint will deploy this beginning at the end of this year. I don't expect that they would deploy that without some planned devices. Sorry, derailing this thread. Back to the topic....

I guess I should say I'm waiting for a device that will connect to the "two-carrier configuration" mentioned in this Fierce Wireless article. 

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-cfo-were-banking-25-ghz-8t8r-radios-network-differentiation/2014-05-19

That article says that Sprint will deploy this beginning at the end of this year. I don't expect that they would deploy that without some planned devices. Sorry, derailing this thread. Back to the topic....

If anything the GS6, HTC One M9 and the LG G4 can possibly get the 8T8R capability but certainly not any of the remaining 2014 flagships like the iPhone 6 or Note 4.  Who knows what the dates are going to be because of all the recent top level management turnover we don't know how the ship is being sailed right now.  The claim is that NV 1.0 is suppose to be completed by 1H 2014 but I don't see that happening anytime soon given that some markets have barely started.  There are still a ton of NV sites that have NV 3G upgraded but don't have B25 LTE yet.

If anything the GS6, HTC One M9 and the LG G4 can possibly get the 8T8R capability but certainly not any of the remaining 2014 flagships like the iPhone 6 or Note 4.  Who knows what the dates are going to be because of all the recent top level management turnover we don't know how the ship is being sailed right now.  The claim is that NV 1.0 is suppose to be completed by 1H 2014 but I don't see that happening anytime soon given that some markets have barely started.  There are still a ton of NV sites that have NV 3G upgraded but don't have B25 LTE yet.

The H1 2014 figure is very reasonable seeing as though 90% of Sprint sites have been converted to NV standard. LTE however, xprobably won't be complete until the end of this year.