Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

You are selling it???  The HTC One is probably the pinnacle of Android handset design, maybe even of all handset design for the foreseeable future.  Mine will be "parked in the garage" soon, but it is going nowhere.  It is a museum piece.

AJ

Wow. I never heard AJ talk anything up this much before! I must not be reading enough of his posts lol. Damn it is a great phone, but I am tight on cash and ordered a nexus 5. I went back to my rooted evolte  :blink:

You are selling it??? The HTC One is probably the pinnacle of Android handset design, maybe even of all handset design for the foreseeable future. Mine will be "parked in the garage" soon, but it is going nowhere. It is a museum piece.

AJ

This got me thinking.. Wonder if I could bring more value to my Note2 by calling it the pinnacle of the digiblur ROM and PRL design developer version. Own the device the man himself developed on! One of a kind and priceless including a framed letter of authenticity. Buy it now! ;)

• Like 8

Got my n5 (32GB) activated today, I noticed that the PCS signal is slightly stronger at work.

Tried to activate it online, accepted all the phone/SIM numbers, but then told me to use the chat, worked no problem.

Rebooted and then updated the profile.

Of course, LTE is no more outside here now in Felony Way, WA, just the slow 3G [which might indicate 3G isn't converted over], hopefully that will change next year.

I can swap the AT&T and Sprint SIMs out, with no real problems.

Aaaaargh

So, Google carries no more weight with Sprint? They used to be so cozy back when they began gvoice integration.  Maybe there was some fallout related to Clearwire investments/non-investments.  I know the Nexus is made by LG, but Nexus should equal Google (or maybe not)

My guess is they are releasing the less popular phones first to see how it goes.

So after digging around my assumption is there is a way to enable the DIAG mode through ADB...I have seen scripts which do this for AOSP ROMS however don't have the nuts to do try this...hopefully someone gives it a whirl...

perhaps a link to the scripts would help.

My guess is they are releasing the less popular phones first to see how it goes.

If anything, they are releasing Spark to the more popular phones first:

http://www.comscore.com/Insights/Press_Releases/2013/8/comScore_Reports_June_2013_U.S._Smartphone_Subscriber_Market_Share

Sure, the GS4 Mini, the Mega 6.3, and the HTC One Max are not really flagship devices, but I wouldn't be surprised if all three of those models individually outsold both the Nexus 5 and the G2 individually.

Must be a hell of a performer. My G2 after messing around with some settings is besting my old GS3 now. It's hard to imagine an even better RF performer out there.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Messing with what settings i need to know my G2 is the same if not worse than my old gn2 at lte speeds and signal

If anything, they are releasing Spark to the more popular phones first:

http://www.comscore.com/Insights/Press_Releases/2013/8/comScore_Reports_June_2013_U.S._Smartphone_Subscriber_Market_Share

Sure, the GS4 Mini, the Mega 6.3, and the HTC One Max are not really flagship devices, but I wouldn't be surprised if all three of those models individually outsold both the Nexus 5 and the G2 individually.

Well in terms of whether I consider these 3 devices to be flagships here: GS4 mini = no, Mega 6.3 = no, HTC One Max = yes!

I consider the HTC One Max to be a flagship phone.  A phone that has a Snapdragon 600 does not automatically disqualify it as being a non-flagship phone because the GS4 and HTC One are powered with the same SOC chip.  The HTC One Max was clearly marketed to the phablet fans that want that big screen but also have the HTC build quality and "touch" to it. 

The only reason why the HTC One Max is getting crapped on is because of the Snapdragon 600 chip (which by no means is a crappy processor), the lack of OIS in the camera (fair criticism) and lack of Beats Audio (HTC and Beat parted ways..not much you can do and most can't tell a huge difference between the two).  Had the HTC One Max just come installed with a Snapdragon 800 and possibly OIS in the camera, people would be praising this phone and calling it an instant flagship.  IMO it still holds the prestige of being a flagship model material.

Finally got shipping notice!!!!

Me too @8pm central

Good thing I ordered the bugdroid case today . Nokia wireless charger later

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by AMD64
  • Like 2

This got me thinking.. Wonder if I could bring more value to my Note2 by calling it the pinnacle of the digiblur ROM and PRL design developer version. Own the device the man himself developed on! One of a kind and priceless including a framed letter of authenticity. Buy it now! ;)

Seriously.. when the time comes, I am certainly going to get top dollar for *the* EVO LTE used to develop SignalCheck!  B)  Screw eBay, I'm going to Sotheby's with this...

-Mike

• Like 6

Finally got shipping notice!!!!

Nice.  Unfortunately I'm still sitting at "ship by 11/22".  Here's hoping for tomorrow.

• Like 1

We now have confirmation that the Nexus 5 is not slated to receive its Spark software update until early next year.  The Samsung and HTC handsets will receive their updates tomorrow.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4950-sprint-spark-official-name-for-the-tri-band-network-was-sprint-to-demo-its-25ghz-network-technology/?p=238747

AJ

How is this going to work exactly? Sprint will push the update to just nexus phones? Would this prevent you from receiving future updates from Google directly since this update will deviate you from stock? 

Anyone in the baton rouge area having LTE connection issues with their Nesux 5?  I just drove from downtown to bluebonnet running Sensorly and never picked up LTE, It showed 3G the whole way. Then when I got home it locked on to my Airave right away, which it never has done.