Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

We now have confirmation that the Nexus 5 is not slated to receive its Spark software update until early next year.  The Samsung and HTC handsets will receive their updates tomorrow.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4950-sprint-spark-official-name-for-the-tri-band-network-was-sprint-to-demo-its-25ghz-network-technology/?p=238747

AJ

After thinking about it for a bit, I wonder if this is the new single radio behavior for when it searches for LTE. If there is only one radio path, it might need to drop the 1X/EVDO connection while it scans for LTE. Then it reconnects when it can't find LTE... rinse and repeat.

The problem with that is that when the signal goes out no calls/texts come through and you can't make out going calls. It lasts about 15 to 20 seconds each time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

We now have confirmation that the Nexus 5 is not slated to receive its Spark software update until early next year.  The Samsung and HTC handsets will receive their updates tomorrow.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4950-sprint-spark-official-name-for-the-tri-band-network-was-sprint-to-demo-its-25ghz-network-technology/?p=238747

AJ

Weird, and sort of a bummer.  Any even guess as to why this is the case?

N5 originally slated to ship on 11/22, got notice this morning that it shipped today!!!  Keep up the good work Google.

Yea for you.  Boo because mine is still sitting at ship on 11/22.  Day 11 of my N5 watch.

AJ

It probably won't matter to most since there is little "spark" network to be utilized, but I am curious as to why the pure-google device is going to be behind HTC and Samsung this time lol.

It probably won't matter to most since there is little "spark" network to be utilized, but I am curious as to why the pure-google device is going to be behind HTC and Samsung this time lol.

Money

• Like 1

Money

LG.  Sprint has a much closer relationship with Samsung and HTC.

AJ

So then how did you update your PRL with Basic-Flasher?

I did not and so can no one else.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Boy sucks to have a Nexus 5 then.  Is there any way at all to update your PRL?  Did anyone update their PRL on the Galaxy Nexus?

Does anyone know what needs to be deleted to delete the proxy from sprint to help increase speed? I already have my msl number.

Yes.  For the Nexus 5, go to *#*#DATA#*#* and scroll to Multimedia.  Enter your MSL and edit to the following:

RTSP IP Address: 0.0.0.0

RTSP Port: 0

Boy sucks to have a Nexus 5 then.  Is there any way at all to update your PRL?  Did anyone update their PRL on the Galaxy Nexus?

I know on the GNex this is a hidden menu called PRL_Write. I don't know if this is what you are looking for.

10858376974_493becbc43_d.jpg

10858376104_6d48aaca23_d.jpg

• Like 1

Ha well that would make sense.  Guess I didn't think it would be that simple lol.

Do not take that as a fact.  But LG is the common denominator between the G2 and Nexus 5.  Plus, Samsung and HTC have been far more important to Sprint.

AJ

• Like 1

I know on the GNex this is a hidden menu called PRL_Write. I don't know if this is what you are looking for.

Good find. Maybe Nexus 5 users can give that a shot although I heard some people saying they were having problems accessing the hidden menu.

Good find. Maybe Nexus 5 users can give that a shot although I heard some people saying they were having problems accessing the hidden menu.

All hidden menus have been found. None has anything to do with PRL. 

• Like 1

what does this do exactly?

This is one of those old mods that I have seen since the Wimax days which people say it bypasses the Sprint proxy default address and port which can lead to faster data speeds. I can't say 100% when I did this for my Photon 4G if it necessarily increased my 3G/4G speeds or not but this mod has been around for a long time. Try a google search and you'll find it.

Also I saw this posted in the LG G2 XDA forum too that eludes to this same mod:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2525544

All hidden menus have been found. None has anything to do with PRL. 

Dang that sucks.  Hopefully someone will find a way to flash a PRL file on the Nexus 5. Thanks for the info so I can update my thread.

doesn't suck at all.  the nexus 5 is a KICK ASS phone.  just go in and enable band 41, done.

• Like 4

it doesn't seem to be taking.... after you edit it, it reboots the phone.  go back and view and it's back to sprint default???  :wacko:

Yes.  For the Nexus 5, go to *#*#DATA#*#* and scroll to Multimedia.  Enter your MSL and edit to the following:

RTSP IP Address: 0.0.0.0

RTSP Port: 0

doesn't suck at all.  the nexus 5 is a KICK ASS phone.  just go in and enable band 41, done.

I didn't mean to say the Nexus 5 phone in general sucks.  I meant it sucks in the context that there isn't a method to flash your PRL with a Nexus 5 thus far.

Re-read the post it was quoted from to get some context.

it doesn't seem to be taking.... after you edit it, it reboots the phone. go back and view and it's back to sprint default??? :wacko:

What if you don't put anything at all in there. Just remove the numbers for the IP address and Port entirely and leave it blank and then try to reset and see what happens.

Went to visit a sprint store again today. I was very curious about how texting would work with the eCSFB during a data session.  i ran a speedtest on the nexus 5 while i texted it from another phone and i was very impressed. the speedtest kept going like nothing happened and the text came IMMEDIATELY. The LTE symbol stayed the whole time. I'm hopeful this will fix sprints texting issue since many times texts come in late on devices i have used but come in immediately on the nexus 5

• Like 2