Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

This does nothing...  one of those long time myths of supposedly making your phone faster.

I thought back in the EVO days, there was a streaming media issue that Sprint resolved by zeroing out this setting.  Something with routing the traffic through the proxy was causing the issue.

I agree it is likely software and will be fixed at some point. Might buy the phone again at some point. If it were a smaller problem I could wait but answering the phone is a big problem for me.

I understand because I have the same issue. Now I am trying to decide if it happens in a weak signal area like inside my home only. Do you have this issue in strong or weak areas. My signal at home is cycling in and out, and it maybe work being done on the towers in the area.

I understand because I have the same issue. Now I am trying to decide if it happens in a weak signal area like inside my home only. Do you have this issue in strong or weak areas. My signal at home is cycling in and out, and it maybe work being done on the towers in the area.

When I have the issue I am connected to LTE with a strong signal and get great data speeds.

I'm with ya lol. I ordered the 16GB Black so I'll be reading for envy for awhile....

Be sure the case and screen protector ready before you get the phone :-) . I'm not going to activate or remove the sticker until my stuff are here tomorrow .

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

For those still waiting on Nexus 5s, there are plenty of NG Lexus 5s available.  They come from Googol in Vietnam.

:P

AJ

• Like 3

When I get a voicemail, my phone vibrates and the LED flashes green.

I use Google voice and have the app installed.

can you tell me your exact settings in both the GV app as well as the dialer app?  maybe send screenshots?  i can not for the life of me get the phone to notify me.  thanks!

After disabling Google location services and disabling the google now maps card, my battery is way better today. I've been off charger for about 4 hours and am at 90%. Yesterday I was already at 75%.

If you're also not connected to LTE and your phone is constantly searching for an LTE signal, this can drain a lot of battery life.

Be sure the case and screen protector ready before you get the phone :-) . I'm not going to activate or remove the sticker until my stuff are here tomorrow .

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Usually let my phones go naked, but since I shelled out $387 for it you can bet your butt that I'll have a case and screen protector waiting for it lol. 

Guess you didn't have any issues getting a SIM?

• Like 1

Has anyone gone from GSM to Sprint, or back again? I had to use T-Mobile as a stop gap while my Sprint SIM was being provisioned.

When I activated my N5 to Sprint, the N5 did recognize the SIM as Sprint and was looking for the towers, but could not for at least 10 minutes while I was on a chat with a Sprint tech (web activation failed somehow). I was going to mention this to the tech, but read on...

Other than trying to get close to a window, and restart my Airave, I did check in the Test menu - switched from LTE/GSM auto to LTE/CDMA auto. This worked within 20 seconds, and I was then able to finalize the activation by making that congratulatory toll free call.

Anyone heard of this or done this? Is there a more streamlined way to do this?

I would surmise the opposite would have to be done when going from Sprint to GSM, especially if I was going to Europe.

The battery life really isn't nearly as bad as everyone says. I've been making it a full day with normal usage.

A friend using his on AT&T was trying to squeeze every last drop of battery life out. He switched to ART and installed Qualcomm's Snapdragon BatteryGuru app. He made it 2 days and 5 hours (with 3 hours 45 minutes screen-on time) and he still had 5% of his battery. Here's a screenshot of his battery usage part of the way through:

FYlUsRQ.png

• Like 1

For those still waiting on Nexus 5s, there are plenty of NG Lexus 5s available. They come from Googol in Vietnam.

:P

AJ

Hold in while I pull out my Guide to Understanding Gibberish... Oh yeah now I understand and oh so funny.

Picked up one from Best Buy today, attempted to price match and almost succeeded but they wanted to see the word Sprint somewhere on Google's store and we couldn't find it.  Looking forward to playing with it but may wait until Monday since my local store is doing an exchange on my One for cracks around the power button.

I left the "NEXUS" Screen protector on for 2 days. Hardest thing I've ever had to do....

Better than the Sprint screen protector that is full of text.  I ordered a case and screen protector from Amazon yesterday and paid for 2 day shipping so it should be here tomorrow but it has yet to ship.

If you're also not connected to LTE and your phone is constantly searching for an LTE signal, this can drain a lot of battery life.

Phones are not constantly searching for LTE. In fact, the N5 seems to be searching for LTE far less than others that I've used (ONE, GS3). It only seems to scan every 10 minutes or so, I do not think that is affecting battery life. 

Not sure if it works on the Nexus 5 but Sprint usually allows changing the scan rate with one of the dialer code menus.  I changed mine on my One from 300 to 180 seconds, didn't notice much of a battery hit but YMMV.

I guess I shouldn't have said "constantly" I know the GS3 searched in 30 min intervals, but to that point I noticed a difference in my GS3 battery life with LTE enabled but only getting 3g service. 

I noticed my Exchange account for e-mail was draining my battery, probably because its not working properly. Removed the account, haven't had issues since. I'm going on 5 1/2 hours unplugged as of this post, and I still have 90%.

I guess I shouldn't have said "constantly" I know the GS3 searched in 30 min intervals, but to that point I noticed a difference in my GS3 battery life with LTE enabled but only getting 3g service. 

I noticed my Exchange account for e-mail was draining my battery, probably because its not working properly. Removed the account, haven't had issues since. I'm going on 5 1/2 hours unplugged as of this post, and I still have 90%.

I never noticed a difference in batter life with LTE enabled or disabled. And LTE isn't widely available here, so I spent most of my time on 3G.

I never noticed a difference in batter life with LTE enabled or disabled. And LTE isn't widely available here, so I spent most of my time on 3G.

I posted a while back, when my town went live with LTE the battery life increase was noticeable enough that I mentioned it. I think this phone shouldn't be compared, but its a possibility.

Does anyone here use the iHeartRadio app?  I'm curious, because it works fine on my GNex, but on my Nexus 5, I tune to a station, it plays the little video ad (works completely fine, audio and all), then when the radio station is supposed to come on, I get silence.  It's not as though I've tried every station, but tried 3 separate ones (two in my market), and nothing worked.  I was hoping that someone else has tried it and could share their experience...or uh...if someone wants to install it and give it a try, I'd be willing to reward you with two honorary internets.  :D